F.A.O.: 3WE

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:41 am

You had the same idea of contamination as a reason to deplane the allergic passenger before me in the other thread, sorry (or maybe I read your post before and tried to appear as a smart guy with an original idea, we will never know).

Is there any difference between cops and pilots, besides maybe even smaller genitals? :?: :?
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

elaw

Postby elaw » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Is there any difference between cops and pilots, besides maybe even smaller genitals? :?: :?
Pilots aren't trained to respond to difficult situations by shooting people?
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:18 pm

You had the same idea of contamination as a reason to deplane the allergic passenger before me in the other thread, sorry (or maybe I read your post before and tried to appear as a smart guy with an original idea, we will never know).

I have noted that they have type-specific radio procedures.

License number 4 mary sam david....

Versus

N-number 4 mike sierra delta.

and we don't like to say 10-4 (errr.....at least that's what the insiders tell me).
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Elaqie:
Pilots aren't trained to respond to difficult situations by shooting people?
Pilots respond to difficult situations by relentlessly pulling up. That usually kills a lot more people than shooting.

3WEie:
and we don't like to say 10-4 (errr.....at least that's what the insiders tell me).
No, you... well, the insiders, say "roger" like truckers do!

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:55 pm

To recap:

Forcefully removing ONE passenger is not OK. Forcefully removing ONE HUNDRED FIFTY passengers is perfectly acceptable.

That is all.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Quote=flyboy2548m:

To recap:

Dogs have absolutely no business on planes at all, ever, whatsoever. There are no gray areas, at all, ever, whatsoever.

That is all.
Fixed.

Yeah, the anxiety dog stuff is a bunch of recent BS, but this is definitely a Top-5 Evan-Lives-In-a-Bubble-World display on leaving one ass on the plane while forcibly unloading between 2 and 137 rule-following paxingers... :roll:

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:54 pm

Quote=flyboy2548m:

To recap:

Dogs have absolutely no business on planes at all, ever, whatsoever. There are no gray areas, at all, ever, whatsoever.

That is all.
Fixed.

Yeah, the anxiety dog stuff is a bunch of recent BS, but this is definitely a Top-5 Evan-Lives-In-a-Bubble-World display on leaving one ass on the plane while forcibly unloading between 2 and 137 rule-following paxingers... :roll:
I'm starting to think that his whole schtick is to advocate the exact opposite of whatever a given airline did/has done/is doing. I get the sense that had they deplaned everyone else first and then had the cops yank the "professor" off, he would have been saying they should have done what they did in actuality.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:27 pm

Forcefully removing ONE passenger is not OK. Forcefully removing ONE HUNDRED FIFTY passengers is perfectly acceptable.
wrong
Lufthansa's B747-400s and B747-800000000etc.s carry a lot more than 150 passengers.

Also, we (público general, not insiders from the outside) should demand (possibly riot for) Government's intervention and a lot of things.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:12 am

Elawie, there:
I think if you examine the statistics, if you want to enhance safety you'd be much better off banning humans. :-D
Concur. ESPECIALLY from the cockpit.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:47 pm

=flyboy2548m: I'm starting to think that his whole schtick is to advocate the exact opposite of whatever a given airline did/has done/is doing. I get the sense that had they deplaned everyone else first and then had the cops yank the "professor" off, he would have been saying they should have done what they did in actuality.
Sort of like when an Airbus pilot says the cargo hold is unheated, but hey, let's argue...

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:42 pm

=flyboy2548m: I'm starting to think that his whole schtick is to advocate the exact opposite of whatever a given airline did/has done/is doing. I get the sense that had they deplaned everyone else first and then had the cops yank the "professor" off, he would have been saying they should have done what they did in actuality.
Sort of like when an Airbus pilot says the cargo hold is unheated, but hey, let's argue...
Yeah, kinda like that.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:13 am

3WE:
Ok, how would you do that? (I think someone asked you that already):

-Zip-tie them?
-Tazer them?
-Shoot them with tranquilizer darts?
-Offload everyone and fill the cabin with a gentle, FDA-approved, non-allergenic, no-side-effect anesthetic?
-Totally back off and just let them live in the plane as long as the nuts and cokes and toilet paper hold out? (do we keep the AC and electricity on too?)
Fixed.
What if they're allergic to nuts?
On second thought, I do like this option. I've always wanted to sit in the captain's seat, crank the wheel, and flip switches and make a PA announcement in my best deep voice.
CONCUR. And do a variety of engine and other systems noises with my mouth.

ATLCrewboy2548m:
A320 Series. Our newly-built ones come without cargo heaters, while the ones we have that came with them originally have had them deactivated.
Cheapskates! :x
Temperature control is the issue. At least, that's what we're told.
I smell a conspiracy right there... :?

Evan:
The aft cargo compartment is still heated though. The A320 aft cargo compartment is fed heated cabin air as the extraction fan moves it to the outflow valve. How can you do this without heating the compartment in the process?

The 737 works the same way.
But is that air filtered after it leaves the cabin and before it enters the cargo hold? What if a pet travelling there is allergic to humans?

And, the most relevant question: What are the specifications of Lufthansa's B747 fleet cargo holds?

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm

You send Evanie first to ride his tricycle hard, and then downhill with bumps and curves on a bicycle, without proper in-type retraining. Are you trying to total-cycle-disastering him?

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:55 pm

You send Evanie first to ride his tricycle hard, and then downhill with bumps and curves on a bicycle, without proper in-type retraining. Are you trying to total-cycle-disastering him?
Valid point.

In my defense, I am not so sure he is capable of handling a metallic bicycle which depends upon at least a little cowboy, improvisational genius to keep upright (and occasional, measured handlebar reversals)...

So, instead, , I thought that maybe a cheap-composite crackerbox with an automated keep-it-upright system was more appropriate to his mindset.

I have seen Big-Wheel commercials of youngsters grabbing the brakes and destabilizing the directional control, and joyfully enjoying 'what's it doing now?'. (Another joy of life Evan cannot appreciate).

Some months ago, I made a related post here showing an old, steam-gauge, rubber tired, high CG traditional tricycle...I never had the joy of the Big-Wheel-spin out, but going fast, turning hard and placing significant side-loads on the rear main's was part of the experience. (Most of this took place as Ozark was bragging bout their Douglas Jets.) http://airdisaster.info/viewtopic.php?f ... d0a#p68222

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:23 am

I never had the joy of the Big-Wheel-spin out, but going fast, turning hard and placing significant side-loads on the rear main's was part of the experience.
Do they come with fringes and a heavy object hanging (hopefully not from the brake lever) on/from the handle to guesstimate airspeed, angle of attack, G-load and horizon position?

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Evanie:
(..)And those oleo struts are taking more F because of it.(...)
So, if I understand correctly, the oleo struts are F'd? :mrgreen:

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:48 pm

I never had the joy of the Big-Wheel-spin out, but going fast, turning hard and placing significant side-loads on the rear main's was part of the experience.
Do they come with fringes and a heavy object hanging (hopefully not from the brake lever) on/from the handle to guesstimate airspeed, angle of attack, G-load and horizon position?
YES!

And if you get cloths pins and playing cards and position them in the spokes, it sounds just like a big radial engine!

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:38 pm

Evanie:
(..)And those oleo struts are taking more F because of it.(...)
No_Soy Carlos:

So, if I understand correctly, the oleo struts are F'd? :mrgreen:
Based upon very recent input from ATLCrewBoy5248m:

Scientific Engineers at Airbus have done some modifications to address the problem of what it's doing now. Apparently you can request a report (or one is automatically generated, based upon software configuration) on whether the gear is f'd or not, or perhaps exactly how f'd it is.

This also frees the pilots up to be sure that they are making rudder inputs that are only steady-state crosswind corrections, corrections for engine failures, and occasional slight adjustments to yaw.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:14 pm

there's something special about that purple.
CONCUR.
...and let's not forget the classic (and truthful) comment:

Should it do a loop or barrel roll, it would say, "WOW, MOM, WOW!" (exclamation point is inferred)
Pertinent Mother's Day decoration at a nearby English-language-only bookstore:
171020174415.jpg
171020174415.jpg (351.48 KiB) Viewed 7208 times
Didn't see any purple liveries, though :(.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Not_Karl:

WOW

MOM

WOW
***Like***

In fact, this goes back to some silliness in college. During a game of REAL football, someone yelled that IF someone had "W"'s tattooed on their redundant, low-silicon TOPMS sensors...

THEN

...IF they were to do a cartwheel, naked, that one would see, "WoW, MoM, WoW".

Now, 30+ years later, the thought of a cheap PURPLE composite cracker box going into alternate law and doing a barrel roll...the smallest shred of obtuse humour remains...and ranks an Indeed.

Footnote: Arguably, wouldn't the cartwheel actually say "WIW, MIM, WIW"? And apologies for getting just a little bit into Nairphoto subject matter.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:09 pm

(...)redundant, low-silicon TOPMS sensors...
Aren't those sometimes high on silicone? (although it is far more common in top mounted gravity indicators...)
Footnote: Arguably, wouldn't the cartwheel actually say "WIW, MIM, WIW"? And apologies for getting just a little bit into Nairphoto subject matter.
Maybe we should ask there... No, terrible idea :shock: .

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:03 pm

(...)redundant, low-silicon TOPMS sensors...
Aren't those sometimes high on silicone? (although it is far more common in top mounted gravity indicators...)
As I often say, the level of analysis here is very high in comparison to there.

Indeed, you are correct, and I shall try (in the future) to be more clear.

It really is fascinating that the world runs with carbon-silicon electrical systems, and that Evan is totally black and white enamored with microprocessors that have lots of silicon and a little bit of carbon, while most of the rest of us tend to like ones with higher carbon ratios (although I guess we should acknowledge that the higher silicon ones, really do enable lots of fora asshattery as well as making stupid pilots smarter from outsider advice.)

By the way, in the middle of all of this (at least the high carbon ones) is lots of Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium, who's source ULTIMATELY goes back to Vandelay Plant Nutrient Industries...You're welcome.

Not_Karl

Air Berlin's Not_go-around

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:42 am

According to an Argentinian newspaper, the pilot "nearly caused a real tragedy", "put 200 passengers at risk" and passed "very few meters from the zones of the (control) towers and parked airplanes" in an "abrupt", "risky", "dangerous -perhaps unusual*- manouvre", causing "panic" and "screams" amongst the onlookers :clap: :clap: .

*I don't think that "unusual" alone conveys the meaning of "insólito" -even if it is the correct translation according to Them Googles-. I think it is more like a combination of unusual(exceptional?), strange and unexpected. For example: Evanie, Brianie, BBie and ATLCrewboyie agreeing with you at the same time would not be "inusual" (the literal translation of unusual), but absolutely "insólito".

3WE

Re: Air Berlin's Not_go-around

Postby 3WE » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:38 am

According to an Argentinian newspaper, the pilot "nearly caused a real tragedy", ...
I have often thought that Evan was a black and white hierarchical thinking child of the Indian culture...

Perhaps he is a Latin journalist who reports con mucho adorno y emocion?

PS-did we note the ethnicity of that Evan-kid on BBie's youtubez

Not_Karl

Re: Air Berlin's Not_go-around

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:53 am

Perhaps he is a Latin journalist who reports con mucho adorno y emocion?
Y "una pizca" de amarillismo... (and "a pinch" of sensationalism...)
PS-did we note the ethnicity of that Evan-kid on BBie's youtubez
No, I only watch uch00bz of cats, cooking and computer hardware. Was he a Klingon?

Return to “Off Topic Forum”