Welcome to ad.info

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: el, FrankM, Dmmoore

User avatar
FrankM
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:25 am

Welcome to ad.info

Postby FrankM » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:21 am

Hello and welcome everybody,

this is the new airdisaster.com. 2 weeks after a bunch of happy forumites were left homeless from one second to the other, we are back with airdisaster.info

We now have our own server hosted at a professional provider in Dusseldorf, Germany. Currently “Frankie” and myself have administration access to this server, in the near future a few more people will have so that the place will go on even if we should lose interest or aren’t available any longer.

It’s the first time for us to administrate a forum server and we are still learning to do so. It’s not impossible that a few things have to be corrected in the next couple of weeks.

For the moment I only created these forums here as I believe that it doesn’t make much sense to have 96 forums open of which the very most only have a handful of posts in 5 years, but we are open for disucussion of course. We also want to add more aviation related content in the future and we have to see what and how it can be done, for the moment the forums were the only focus.

I always wanted to say that once in my life:

I declare this bazar open !
Wir sind dann mal oben !

Ed
Posts: 793
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:27 am

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Ed » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:30 am

Veddy nice veddy nice.

Don't forget to back-up....

User avatar
Robert Hilton
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:36 pm
Location: Limburg, the Netherlands

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Robert Hilton » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:40 am

Stenographers are working on the backup as we speak.

eif
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:42 am

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby eif » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:41 am

Thanks, guys, for doing so quickly what many of us were only thinking about!

I keep my fingers crossed and may even put them on my keyboard if some help is needed.

Disclaimer: the last statement was not approved by my schedule though :-)

User avatar
Robert Hilton
Posts: 890
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:36 pm
Location: Limburg, the Netherlands

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Robert Hilton » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:51 am

I wonder if HB will run a book on which of the admin first say "get f*ck off my forum" ;)

Julian
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Julian » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:57 am

FrankM wrote:Hello and welcome everybody,

this is the new airdisaster.com. 2 weeks after a bunch of happy forumites were left homeless from one second to the other, we are back with airdisaster.info

We now have our own server hosted at a professional provider in Dusseldorf, Germany. Currently “Frankie” and myself have administration access to this server, in the near future a few more people will have so that the place will go on even if we should lose interest or aren’t available any longer.

It’s the first time for us to administrate a forum server and we are still learning to do so. It’s not impossible that a few things have to be corrected in the next couple of weeks.

For the moment I only created these forums here as I believe that it doesn’t make much sense to have 96 forums open of which the very most only have a handful of posts in 5 years, but we are open for disucussion of course. We also want to add more aviation related content in the future and we have to see what and how it can be done, for the moment the forums were the only focus.

I always wanted to say that once in my life:

I declare this bazar open !


Great job FrankM and Frankie! :geek:

User avatar
el
Posts: 1942
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:42 am
Location: Tip of Africa

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby el » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:41 am

Julian wrote:
Great job FrankM and Frankie! :geek:


Indeed. As we say on German: "Gut Ding braucht Weile".

Worth the wait.

User avatar
Sir Gallivant
Posts: 1103
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:17 pm

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Sir Gallivant » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:46 am

Good to have a place that has real potential of remaining stable and controlable (and here I think about hardware and backups), thanks for the effort.
Veni, Vidi, Velcro!

User avatar
ZilogMan
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:11 pm
Location: Quebec City (QC), Canada

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby ZilogMan » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:54 am

Testing, testing... Yes, this is reality!
Thanks to the Franks and long life to ADinfo!
Don, Say Hi to Amelia Earhart for us...

User avatar
Frankie
Site Admin
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Frankie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi everybody!

Actually it is not the first forum I administer so I think I can keep this on the nice side ;-)
Anyway, all thumbs up - here we go ...
Also both me and FrankM are old enough not to over-moderate this - I think we all educated people here, and I am very happy to see our fellow forumites from the former AD.com forum again.

Cheers,
Frankie

User avatar
el
Posts: 1942
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:42 am
Location: Tip of Africa

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby el » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Frankie wrote:Also both me and FrankM are old enough not to over-moderate this


I wouldn't rely on that as far as Pipe and yours truly are concerned. ;)

User avatar
Frankie
Site Admin
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Frankie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:25 pm

...also I have a new job now that keeps me occupied so I can´t check all the time :D

User avatar
J
Posts: 1134
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Location: South of Canada

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby J » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:35 pm

Frankie wrote:...also I have a new job now that keeps me occupied so I can´t check all the time :D

Perhaps that's where Mr. Snappy can be of service?

User avatar
Frankie
Site Admin
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Frankie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:37 pm

(J) wrote:
Frankie wrote:...also I have a new job now that keeps me occupied so I can´t check all the time :D

Perhaps that's where Mr. Snappy can be of service?


Maybe. He once told me he is my friend...

User avatar
J
Posts: 1134
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Location: South of Canada

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby J » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:39 pm

Frankie wrote:
(J) wrote:
Frankie wrote:...also I have a new job now that keeps me occupied so I can´t check all the time :D

Perhaps that's where Mr. Snappy can be of service?


Maybe. He once told me he is my friend...

He says that to everyone.

User avatar
Frankie
Site Admin
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Frankie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Yes but he looked at me with his big round face when he said it. I´m sure he meant me and not "everyone"...
:mrgreen:

User avatar
Half Bottle
Posts: 2012
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Half Bottle » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:50 pm

J wrote:
Frankie wrote:
(J) wrote:Perhaps that's where Mr. Snappy can be of service?


Maybe. He once told me he is my friend...

He says that to everyone.

Well, not everyone.
~~~ In Oxford Town, you smell like dead lab rats. ~~~

User avatar
Mr. Snappy
Super duper moderator
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Mr. Snappy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Thank you all for your kind words of support and encouragement

Mr. Snappy is your friend
Your Forum Friend

User avatar
sindeewell
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:36 pm
Location: Southern Quebec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby sindeewell » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:46 pm

Thank you to all those responsible for making this possible. I feel like I've just walked into my favourite bar where everyone knows my name. So I guess I will just saddle up to the bar, grab a beer and relax with my friends!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ~ WOW, what a ride~!!!

Carlos G.
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: E.U.

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Carlos G. » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:52 pm

Mr. Snappy wrote:Thank you all for your kind words of support and encouragement

Mr. Snappy is your friend


I cannot believe my eyes!!! Hahahaha... so many times in the beginning I got infuriated by this name they choosed at AD.com to get an unknown Mod, but now I must laugh out loud and clap my hands!... :D

Mister Snappy, my friend, you belong now to the family, you got my approval... :lol:

Carlos G.
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: E.U.

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Carlos G. » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:56 pm

sindeewell wrote:Thank you to all those responsible for making this possible. I feel like I've just walked into my favourite bar where everyone knows my name. So I guess I will just saddle up to the bar, grab a beer and relax with my friends!


Most important way to put things, Cindy! I see I'm not the only one having feelings behind an internet screen... Let's try and keep this "Cheers bar" atmosphere intact as long as possible. And all the best to you in these tough moments.

Speaking of it: Does any one of you know about Rebecca and Esme, her little daughter who had such a terrible heart malfunction?

User avatar
GerryW
Mr. Salami
Posts: 1748
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Luxembourg

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby GerryW » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Carlos G. wrote:
Mr. Snappy wrote:Thank you all for your kind words of support and encouragement

Mr. Snappy is your friend


I cannot believe my eyes!!! Hahahaha... so many times in the beginning I got infuriated by this name they choosed at AD.com to get an unknown Mod, but now I must laugh out loud and clap my hands!... :D

Mister Snappy, my friend, you belong now to the family, you got my approval... :lol:


Me too!

User avatar
GerryW
Mr. Salami
Posts: 1748
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:24 pm
Location: Luxembourg

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby GerryW » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:19 pm

Carlos G. wrote:
sindeewell wrote:Thank you to all those responsible for making this possible. I feel like I've just walked into my favourite bar where everyone knows my name. So I guess I will just saddle up to the bar, grab a beer and relax with my friends!


Most important way to put things, Cindy! I see I'm not the only one having feelings behind an internet screen... Let's try and keep this "Cheers bar" atmosphere intact as long as possible.


The same way I feel too. Thank you Carlos for choosing the right words for me. (My mind is lazy and burnt out today)

And all the best to you in these tough moments.


From Katie and Gerry too, Sindee.

User avatar
FrankM
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:25 am

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby FrankM » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:57 pm

sindeewell wrote:I feel like I've just walked into my favourite bar where everyone knows my name. So I guess I will just saddle up to the bar, grab a beer and relax with my friends!


Cindy, thanks for labeling it so perfectly. Those are exactly my feeling. And - all the best for you !!!! (I have to add an icon for "embracing" )
Wir sind dann mal oben !

User avatar
Half Bottle
Posts: 2012
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:39 pm

Re: Welcome to ad.info

Postby Half Bottle » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:58 pm

sindeewell wrote:Thank you to all those responsible for making this possible. I feel like I've just walked into my favourite bar where everyone knows my name. So I guess I will just saddle up to the bar, grab a beer and relax with my friends!

I'll smack your butt in a gesture of fraternity.
~~~ In Oxford Town, you smell like dead lab rats. ~~~


Return to “Off Topic Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest