My Search for the Beauty of Kim Jong II

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Sickbag

Re: My Search for the Beauty of Kim Jong II

Postby Sickbag » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Except no one has been machine gunned at Guantanamo. At least as far as you know.

Well apart from the nine deaths by various means to date there I guess the rest are cursed to die of old age in captivity never having been tried or convicted of anything.
Makes North Korean machine gun death squads seem humane...
2022: The year of the Squid Singularity

OldSowBreath

Postby OldSowBreath » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:36 pm

I guess Miley Cyrus is reconsidering her upcoming NK tour.

J

Postby J » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Kim Jong Un’s prolonged absence from public view, including skipping a session of parliament, has raised questions as to whether his disappearance has less to do with his health and more to do with his grip on power in nuclear-armed North Korea.

Kim has not been seen in public since Sept. 3, an unusual stretch in a country where media provide a steady stream of propaganda images featuring the Supreme Leader overseeing everything from missile launches to grain harvests. While official media reports say Kim is suffering “discomfort,” his seclusion has sparked discussion about who is in charge of a country that boasts 1.2 million troops and has threatened to turn Seoul into a sea of fire.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-1 ... d-on-power

monchavo
Site Admin

Postby monchavo » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:35 pm

It's gout.
____
Join the airdisaster Discord - https://discord.gg/A59Vdw73ET

Dummy Pilot

Postby Dummy Pilot » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:55 pm

I just assumed he wasn't going to come out in public until that killer haircut of his grew back out

Which reminds me of a great 3 Stooges refernce in this Youtube

J

Postby J » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:24 am

Need to move this to the aviation forum. "Un" Flies:

http://devour.com/video/kim-jong-un-can-fly-a-plane/

Can one of our aviator comment on his skills?

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:59 am

Need to move this to the aviation forum. "Un" Flies:

http://devour.com/video/kim-jong-un-can-fly-a-plane/

Can one of our aviator comment on his skills?
I have it via a very reliable source, that this was done after extensive practice time on MSFS, with no other training!
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

J

Postby J » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Kim Jong Golf game makes it impossible not to score a hole-in-one

A golfing video game where you get to play North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is fixed so that no matter what you do, you always score a hole-in-one.

The game seems to be making reference to Kim's father Kim Jong-Il, who famously picked up a golf club in the 1990s for the first time in his life and scored an INCREDIBLE 11 holes-in-one in an 18-hole golf course.

At least, that's what the North Korean state news agency would have you believe.

This record-breaking achievement was witnessed by 17 security guards.
Satisfied with the round, Kim immediately retired from the game - leaving the likes of Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Sergio Garcia trailing behind forever more.

Now you can step into his son's shoes to play a round of golf as the Glorious Leader. Try it for yourself here.
http://freegames.org/kim-jong-golf/

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:47 pm

Best golf simulator ever.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

monchavo
Site Admin

Re: My Search for the baddest haircut in NK

Postby monchavo » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:51 pm

____

J

Postby J » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:37 pm

The handsome haircut sent me back to the internet where I found this discussion about the Great One's shiny IL-62:

It’s Air Force Un! North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un gets his own private jet – and officials say leader ‘likes steering aircraft’ despite not being a qualified pilot

A photo, published in the official North Korean daily newspaper Rodong Sinmun, shows for the first time the luxury Russian IL-62 jetliner that carries Kim and his wife Ri Sol-ju on official engagements around the secretive country.

At first glance, the aircraft bears some similarity to the US President's personal jet, bearing as it does North Korea's official name and flag and a star symbolising Kim on its tail, South Korea's Chosun Ilbo newspaper reported today, quoting the North's paper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pilot.html

OldSowBreath

Postby OldSowBreath » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Well, if he's ever deposed, he can still get on at Asiana.

J

Postby J » Wed May 20, 2015 3:33 pm

North Korea modified submarine missile launch photos, says U.S. official

Photographs showing a North Korean missile launched from a submarine were manipulated by state propagandists and the country may be years away from developing such technology, analysts and a top U.S. military official said on Tuesday.

North Korea, sanctioned by the United States and United Nations for its missile and nuclear tests, said on May 9 it had successfully conducted an underwater test-fire of a submarine-launched ballistic missile which, if true, would indicate progress in its pursuit of missile-equipped submarines.
“They have not gotten as far as their clever video editors and spinmeisters would have us believe,” said Winnefeld, who is vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Analysis seen by Reuters from German aerospace engineers Markus Schiller and Robert Schmucker of Schmucker Technologie appeared to support Winnefeld’s statement.

The Munich-based pair said photos of the launch were “strongly modified”, including reflections of the missile exhaust flame in the water which did not line up with the missile itself.

North Korea, which regularly threatens to destroy the United States, had a record of offering faked proof to claim advances in missile technology, Schiller and Schmucker said, such as poorly built mockups of missiles on display at military parades in 2012 and 2013.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wor ... e24509120/

J

Postby J » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:14 am

New photos of Kim Jong Un show dictator's weight gain, raise health concerns

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/06/03 ... picks=true

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:05 am

New photos of Kim Jong Un show dictator's weight gain, raise health concerns

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/06/03 ... picks=true
Bollocks, to date I have lost 10 kg and are just about ready for my Speedos.
Per

J

Postby J » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Where's the check-un desk? North Korean leader opens Pyongyang's shiny new international airport terminal (an important building in the world's least visited country)

Excerpt:
North Korea's gleaming new airport terminal is set to open July 1, state media announced on Thursday.

It's said to have been partly demolished and rebuilt at the request of leader Kim Jong-un in 2012 as he believed that the existing terminal was considered too small and shabby compared with foreign rivals.

But the facility, reserved for international civilian flights, risks being virtually empty after it opens as Pyongyang has just a trickle of scheduled foreign flights.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trave ... untry.html

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Reminds me of Sioux Falls.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

J

Postby J » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:25 pm

Kim Jong Un is upset by loudspeakers.....

A war between North and South Korea 'could go nuclear,' experts warn
[excerpt]
Kim Jong-un has ordered North Korea's troops to be on a war footing as tensions with South Korea escalate following an exchange of shells - follow the latest updates

These are the loudspeakers which are at the centre of the bitter row between North and South Korea which today risks escalating to a state of war. They were installed by South Korean authorities at an unidentified site on the western frontline bordering North Korea. They have been blaring out propaganda since August 11.

"Business as usual" for British man based in Pyongyang as North Korea threatens war

"The situation has been on the news here this evening and everybody knows about it, but I can't say that anyone is acting any differently", a British national who is presently in Pyongyang told The Telegraph's Julian Ryall.

"I was at a schoolboy football match this afternoon between a North Korean team and a South Korean team and there did not seem to be any sort of tension in the 20,000-strong crowd," he said.

"Nobody that I have encountered appears to be acting with any added sense of urgency and it does appear to be business as usual", he added. "We have to bear in mind that tensions between the North and South are not uncommon, although this situation does appear to be a bit more serious".

Korean Central News Agency says it has mobilised troops who are "ready to attack" South Korea.

It said in a statement: "The Korean People's Army (KPA) front-line large combined units entered into a wartime state all at once, fully armed to launch surprise operations, and wound up their preparedness for action.""

The United Nations has spoken of its "serious concern" about North Korea in a statement released this afternoon. US State Department spokeswoman Katrina Adams said:

The United States remains steadfast in its commitments to the defense and its allies, and we will continue to coordinate closely with the ROK (Republic of Korea).

If North Korea launches fresh provocation, it will face "searing" consequences, Han Minkoo, South Korean defence minister has said.

AP report that he said: "This time, we'll cut off a vicious circle of North Korean provocation."

Mr Han said his country was working with the US to deter any further aggression by North Korea after describing the shelling earlier as "mean criminal acts that reveal the bellicosity" of North Korea.

North Korea v South Korea: What we know so far
1 Last night South Korea was told to stop playing propaganda through loudspeakers
2 South Korea refused, prompting threats of an artillery strike from North Korea
3 South Korea reacted by firing around 30 rounds across the border
4 On Friday morning North Korea threatened to reduce Seoul to a "sea of fire" and has mobilied forces at the border
5 Kim Jong-un has threatened open warfare if Seoul does not back down by 5pm local time on Saturday

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -live.html

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:53 pm

1. Bump.

2. I note some interesting and relevant ironing in the previous post, some years ago.

3. Should Monchavo try to figure out how to merge this with the thread in the political forum named "Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton"?

4. We certainly live in interesting times...and there may be something to be said for procedures and fundamentals here.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

J

Postby J » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:43 pm

Kim Jong Un reportedly in a coma for months, recent appearances faked

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been in a coma for months and all his recent public appearances were faked, a South Korean official says in a new report about the reclusive despot.

Chang Song-min, a former aide to late South Korean President Kim Dae-jung, alleged that Kim has become seriously ill amid speculation about his limited public appearances this year.

In April, rumors circulated that the Hermit Kingdom honcho was in a vegetative state after a botched heart operation.

The former aide now claims Kim fell into a coma months ago and that his subsequent appearances were recorded previously, according to the UK’s Sun.

“I assess him to be in a coma, but his life has not ended,” he told South Korean media, adding that the leader’s younger sister, Kim Yo Jong, was poised to help lead the country.

“A complete succession structure has not been formed, so Kim Yo Jong is being brought to the fore as the vacuum cannot be maintained for a prolonged period,” he said.
In a closed-door meeting with lawmakers last week, the National Intelligence Service said the power shift partly seeks to “relieve (Kim’s) stress from his reign and avert culpability in the event of policy failure,” the Yonhap News Agency reported.

Photographs emerged Thursday showing Kim attending a government meeting, though Reuters reported that it could not “independently verify” the images.

The Daily NK, a South Korea-based news outlet about the North, reported that sources in the rogue regime have claimed that Kim’s sister is seeking to secure her position in Pyongyang by taking on the South.

“She can’t rule the country from the military like her brother, so she is expanding her authority through the Propaganda and Agitation Department, just like her father Kim Jong Il,” a source said, the Sun reported.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/24/kim-jong- ... ces-faked/

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:52 pm

Kim Jong-Un won it in 2012. Can he repeat this year?
Kim Jong-Un Named The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive For 2012

The Onion is proud to announce that North Korean supreme leader Kim Jong-un, 29, has officially been named the newspaper’s Sexiest Man Alive for the year 2012.

With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman’s dream come true. Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side, Kim made this newspaper’s editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and, of course, that famous smile.

“He has that rare ability to somehow be completely adorable and completely macho at the same time,” Onion Style and Entertainment editor Marissa Blake-Zweibel said. “And that’s the quality that makes him the sort of man women want, and men want to be. He’s a real hunk with real intensity who also knows how to cut loose and let his hair down.”

Added Blake-Zweibel, “Ri Sol-ju is one lucky lady, that’s for sure!”

With today’s announcement, Kim joins the ranks of The Onion’s prior “Sexiest Man Alive” winners, including:
2011: Bashar al-Assad
2010: Bernie Madoff
2009: Charles and David Koch (co-winners)
2008: Ted Kaczynski
2007: T. Herman Zweibel

The Onion’s commemorative “Sexiest Man Alive” issue will be available on newsstands everywhere this Friday and contains a full 16-page spread on Kim
https://www.theonion.com/kim-jong-un-na ... 1819574194
"I'm putting an end to this f*ckery." - Rayna Boyanov

monchavo
Site Admin

Postby monchavo » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:46 am

Kim Jong Un reportedly in a coma for months, recent appearances faked

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been in a coma for months and all his recent public appearances were faked, a South Korean official says in a new report about the reclusive despot.
This kind of propaganda is quite common is it not? I have seen the South do this when Kim is out of the limelight for a while.
____

J

Postby J » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:18 pm

North Korea's Air Koryo -all about the world’s worst airline

Article has a series of photographs with captions. Here is an excerpt:

Air Koryo is the best airline in North Korea, thanks to no small measure that it’s the country’s only air carrier. This state-owned company has been dubbed the lowest-rated airline currently in service. Let’s find out why.

Some of Air Koryo's planes include an Ilyushin 62 P-885 designed in the 1960s, according to a Business Insider piece from 2011.

In fact, Air Koryo is so unsafe that it was added to the list of air carriers banned in the EU in March 2006, after the airline failed to address safety deficiencies that came up during ramp inspections.

Ultimately, the company was forced to acquire two Russian Tupolev Tu-204-300 to continue operating flights to Europe.

In-flight entertainment has been described as mostly consisting of patriotic songs and propaganda movies playing in a loop.

Some mysteries are better left unsolved - Passengers cited a few peculiarities, such as the food consisting of lukewarm hamburgers with a “mystery meat”.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/n ... 025c1962eb

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:56 pm

I wonder how unsafe the airline really is.
Understanding that we would never get news of most incidents happening inside North Korea, an accident or even a serious incident cannot be hidden.
And an accident or incident happening abroad, even less.

AvHerald has 2 Air Koryo entries. One was a flight in 2016 from Pyongyang to Beijing that had to divert to Shenyang (China) due to smoke in the cabin caused by speakers overheating. China raised several issues with how the airline handled the emergency as well as with the airplane maintenance. The other one was severe vibrations after departing from Pyongyang in 2017, which resulted in a return to Pyongyang. This incident was leaked / reported by passengers and shows how it is difficult to hide such things. The Av Herald article reads: Passengers reported the whole aircraft began to severely vibrate, subsequently they observed parts fall off a wing. Information received from multiple sources suggests the aircraft dropped one of the flaps.

The Aviation Safety Network lists only one occurrence in 2006 with the plane departing the runway while landing in bad weather.

Yet, the fact that these are the only 3 incidents known, with no write-off (these 3 airplanes were repaired), no serious accident, and no deaths, means that the airline is doing something more or less right. It seems to be doing better in terms of safety, for example, that some African or Asian airlines.

I would like to see the evaluation criteria by which it was rated the worst airline in the world.

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:32 am

Such ratings are always about consumer-level concerns like whether the peanuts are stale.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”