F.A.O. Chris Wonnacott

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

IntheShade
ISGPOTM, 2nd only to Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger

F.A.O. Chris Wonnacott

Postby IntheShade » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:01 am

Tomorrow at approx. 20:43 Zulu (that's pilot time) I shall be once again operating one of the largest aircraft in the free world at FL320.

Enjoy your wigger car.
Aviation Pilot, Author, Genius

MZK490-1

Re: F.A.O. Chris Wonnacott

Postby MZK490-1 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:44 am

Will it have rainbow contrails?
internet tough guy extraordinaire.

VectorForFood

Postby VectorForFood » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:51 am

And while you fly off into the wild blue yonder away from home and family again, I will be sitting in my underwear with a beer in hand watching football after I put up our Christmas lights and enjoy a nice dinner with my wife, horrible I know.

IntheShade

Postby IntheShade » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:36 am

And while you fly off into the wild blue yonder away from home and family again, I will be sitting in my underwear with a beer in hand watching football after I put up our Christmas lights and enjoy a nice dinner with my wife, horrible I know.
And while you are sitting in your underwear I have six airplanes, four Jeeps, five muscle cars, one vintage Cadillac, three dogs, one cat, wife and house at Sweet Monkey River.

Oh abd did I mention I have had one month off since working?

Horrible I know.

Enjoy your football. It makes punching a time clock go down a little sweeter at the water cooler during the week.

IntheShade

Postby IntheShade » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:39 am

Plus I get paid to fly airplanes.

You're right, you win.

IntheShade

Postby IntheShade » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:16 am

Chris did you ever consider that while you're sitting in your underwear watching that people are actually playing the game?

And I am not talking about football....

Think it over.

Robert Hilton

Postby Robert Hilton » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:43 am

Chris did you ever consider that while you're sitting in your underwear watching that people are actually playing the game?

And I am not talking about football....

Think it over.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

Rabbi O'Genius

Postby Rabbi O'Genius » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:01 pm

I have six airplanes, four Jeeps, five muscle cars, one vintage Cadillac, three dogs, one cat, wife and house at Sweet Monkey River.
I am disappointed that the wife comes so far down the list............. ;)
......never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. – John Donne

el

Postby el » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:10 pm

I have six airplanes, four Jeeps, five muscle cars, one vintage Cadillac, three dogs, one cat, wife and house at Sweet Monkey River.
At least the ISGPOTM did not have to mention one wife.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:46 pm

International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Melissa
Mrs. ISGPOTM

Postby Melissa » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:01 pm

Just to put it into perspective, here's my brag list ..

And while you are sitting in your underwear I have two pugs, one airedale, one muscle car, one jeep, a house on the water, airplanes to fly, husband, one cat. And soon a commercial rating.

:D
Melissa* PPL SEL, Instrument Airplane, Complex Airplane Endorsement, IGI.
Official Winner of the ASF (Version 1.0) Aviation Safety Quiz 2006
Official Winner of the ad.info (Version 1.1) Fantasy Football League "Cleared For Touchdown" 2009

Giles

Postby Giles » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:17 pm

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.
You fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way.

PurduePilot

Postby PurduePilot » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Just to put it into perspective, here's my brag list ..

And while you are sitting in your underwear I have two pugs, one airedale, one muscle car, one jeep, a house on the water, airplanes to fly, husband, one cat. And soon a commercial rating.

Why did ITS not mention the dogs? Something going down in Sweet Monkey River?

Digger

Postby Digger » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:37 am

IntheShade wrote:

IntheShade

Postby IntheShade » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:08 am

And Chris--just for your information I just scoreboarded the cat.

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:35 am

2 kids, 1 house, 1 hunting camp, 2 cars, 1 pickup, 2 ATVs, 10 guns, ONE husband, 3 cats & 2 rabbits...but who's counting?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ~ WOW, what a ride~!!!

PurduePilot

Postby PurduePilot » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:46 am

IntheShade wrote:
:? Note to self: When hung over, read things twice before posting.

3WE

Re: F.A.O. ITS

Postby 3WE » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:49 am

Tomorrow at approx. 20:43 Zulu (that's pilot time) I shall be once again operating one of the largest aircraft in the free world at FL320.

Enjoy your wigger car.
A few weeks ago, four things happened.

1) You announced that you would be changing to a 2-engine aircraft.

2) This forum crashed.

3) Forumites speculated that your new aircraft was a Bondobus and that the resulting disruption in the ITS-Aviation-Karma-Space-Time-Continuum had caused the forum crash.

4) Forumites moved to JetPhotos and caused much distress and drama.

One thing, did not happen: You did not update us as to your new aircraft and your transition schedule.

So?....
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

OldSowBreath

Postby OldSowBreath » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:58 pm

I car, one cat, multiple squeezes and Amelia Earhart's skull. Some of us fulfill our goals.

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:17 pm

A gallon of ripple and a couple of hookers.
"I'm putting an end to this f*ckery." - Rayna Boyanov

VectorForFood

Postby VectorForFood » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:00 pm

Hey ITS, do you know the most common phrase amongst aviation professionals outside of pilots?

"It's ok, they're only pilots"

Sometimes exchange only with "lowly"

And pilots with "Bus Driver" "Computer Manager" "Radio Operator"

Pilots who think they have the big picture make me laugh, the bottom line is 95% of the time you spend at work, you spend watching the scenery go by, trying to find someway to spend your time when you're not adhering to ATC instructions, or answering company datalink messages... I'm sure such time is not boring for you, as you get to yammer on to every new co-joe you get about how great your life has been ( in your own mind)

Last week I had the pleasure to spend some time talking to a dispatcher at FedEx to help him fix some routing questions he had. It made me laugh because it only hammers home the point that you pilots have little to no control over your destiny anymore.

You get onboard, they tell you when you're going, where you're going, how much fuel you will take, what you will take, and EXACTLY how you will get there, with the exception of begging for more fuel you have no control over your life, spend days upon days couped up in a one star dive motel waiting to do it all over again.

For what's it worth ITS I only spend SIX DAYS total combined time away from home every MONTH(If you add up scheduled hours worked every month), and that's without taking any leave, so that means every month I spend a combined total of Twenty five days at home with family.

It's a rough life I know, the bottom line is both professions have their perks, but sitting in a cramped cockpit for 8 hours at a time pushing buttons isn't my personal idea of freedom, as much as it is a well paying well respected job, day to day it wouldn't be for me, but to each their own.

IntheShade

Postby IntheShade » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Hey ITS, do you know the most common phrase amongst aviation professionals outside of pilots?

"It's ok, they're only pilots"

Sometimes exchange only with "lowly"

And pilots with "Bus Driver" "Computer Manager" "Radio Operator"

Pilots who think they have the big picture make me laugh, the bottom line is 95% of the time you spend at work, you spend watching the scenery go by, trying to find someway to spend your time when you're not adhering to ATC instructions, or answering company datalink messages... I'm sure such time is not boring for you, as you get to yammer on to every new co-joe you get about how great your life has been ( in your own mind)

Last week I had the pleasure to spend some time talking to a dispatcher at FedEx to help him fix some routing questions he had. It made me laugh because it only hammers home the point that you pilots have little to no control over your destiny anymore.

You get onboard, they tell you when you're going, where you're going, how much fuel you will take, what you will take, and EXACTLY how you will get there, with the exception of begging for more fuel you have no control over your life, spend days upon days couped up in a one star dive motel waiting to do it all over again.
ROTFLMAO

This only shows how little you really understand what I do.

I'm not a passenger pilot son. I fly International Cargo, you know, to exotic locations like Sydney, Kasikstan, UAE, China, Europe, South America, ect...

Try connecting those dots. It's alot of oceaninc INS IRS GPS nav. and class 2 navigation. This means ATC, ACARS, your momma ain't there to help. It's all up to the crew.

In addition I don't beg for fuel. At my company the Capt. is the last word. You state, you get, plain and simple.

And then again you really misunderstand the company I work for. One star? LMAO I stay in place you'll never book a room because of the expense. When was the last time you spent five days touring Sydney making duty rig?

But most of all you fall into that group of controllers who think they fly the airplane for the pilot. I bet your supervisor would set you straight.
For what's it worth ITS I only spend SIX DAYS total combined time away from home every MONTH(If you add up scheduled hours worked every month), and that's without taking any leave, so that means every month I spend a combined total of Twenty five days at home with family.
The only people I feel sorry for are your family.

Sounds good but I also know you work at a little desk punching a time clock doing shift work on a daily schedule.
It's a rough life I know, the bottom line is both professions have their perks, but sitting in a cramped cockpit for 8 hours at a time pushing buttons isn't my personal idea of freedom, as much as it is a well paying well respected job, day to day it wouldn't be for me, but to each their own.
You'd trade with me in a New York second, but like you eloquently say, airplane flying isn't for pussies.

PurduePilot

Postby PurduePilot » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:16 pm

Where's Kasikstan? Is it somewhere near Russia, China, and Mongolia?

B77W-QOTS

Postby B77W-QOTS » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:26 pm

One car, one wife (much better model than the last one I can assure you of that) 4 kids(5 in July next year :clap: ) one house, a fleet of Boeings and Embraers at the click of my fingers :D
"We are running an airline not a circus," - Qantas spokeswoman

VectorForFood

Postby VectorForFood » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:31 pm

yawn...

Return to “Off Topic Forum”