What is this sexy bitch?

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

flyboy2548m

Re: What is this sexy bitch?

Postby flyboy2548m » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:38 pm

It is indeed a Ford Crown Victoria from the 1992 through 1997 vintage.
More accurately 1996 or 1997.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

B77W-QOTS

Postby B77W-QOTS » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:31 am

Can we expect you to be cruising Lygon St in one of these soon desky?
"We are running an airline not a circus," - Qantas spokeswoman

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:24 pm

Talk about thread revival. Below see pics of flyboy's police car #1, flyboy's police car #2, and flyboy's police truck #1. I guess that makes me an emergency vehicle collector. The pics seem out of order, but oh well. The Explorer should be first.
Attachments
PIS1.jpg
PIS1.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 11234 times
F1501.jpg
F1501.jpg (356.9 KiB) Viewed 11234 times
explorer2.jpg
explorer2.jpg (2.09 MiB) Viewed 11234 times

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:30 pm

Talk about thread revival. Below see pics of flyboy's police car #1, flyboy's police car #2, and flyboy's police truck #1. I guess that makes me an emergency vehicle collector. The pics seem out of order, but oh well. The Explorer should be first.
:clap: :clap: :clap: (but I still miss the Camaro :( )
Now you can tell the hosties you have connections with emergency services so they give you a better seat!... Oh, wait.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

KPryor

Postby KPryor » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:33 am

I had several brands of squad cars throughout my career. The Crown Vic was the best, no question about it. The Dodge Diplomat was, on the other hand, not only the worst squad car, but simply the worst car ever. The Chevy Impala and Chevy Caprice were good, but the Crown Vic was my favorite of all time.
I went to prison for murder, but I stayed for the chili!

elaw

Postby elaw » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:44 am

To quote a former coworker of mine, who on Earth would want to drive a car named after a dead English queen? :mrgreen:
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:10 pm

Please PM me about your lawn (Ref: F150photos.net)
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:12 pm

I had several brands of squad cars throughout my career. The Crown Vic was the best, no question about it. The Dodge Diplomat was, on the other hand, not only the worst squad car, but simply the worst car ever. The Chevy Impala and Chevy Caprice were good, but the Crown Vic was my favorite of all time.
Did you get a chance to drive either the Tauriceptor or the Exploriceptor before you retired?

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:12 pm

Please PM me about your lawn (Ref: F150photos.net)
All horticultural inquiries are referred to my lawn guy, I don't handle that.

KPryor

Postby KPryor » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Did you get a chance to drive either the Tauriceptor or the Exploriceptor before you retired?
We had just bought the Tauriceptor not long before I retired, but I never had an opportunity to drive it. I rode in it with another officer to training once and it seemed pretty good. I think they started buying the Exploriceptor after I retired. Haven't talked to anyone about how good/bad they may be.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:26 pm

We had just bought the Tauriceptor not long before I retired, but I never had an opportunity to drive it. I rode in it with another officer to training once and it seemed pretty good. I think they started buying the Exploriceptor after I retired. Haven't talked to anyone about how good/bad they may be.
I was a Crown Vic fan, too, but I think the only thing it truly had on the Tauriceptor (which itself got discontinued after this year) was the size. Compared to the Vic, the Taurus is definitely smallish, although nowhere near as cramped as some people make it sound. I'm not a little guy, and there is plenty of room for me even with mine having the admin package with a full civilian console (granted I don't wear a duty belt). Then there is 75 more hp (even with the non-turbo engine), AWD, much better handling, much better brakes, much more precise steering etc etc.

The Exploriceptor is almost too roomy. For example, to do the old elbow on the window sill move is not convenient, the sill is too far away and too high. Of course, it can carry ridiculous amounts of junk, handling is pretty decent for such a brick, it's three seconds faster to 60 than the Crown Vic. The only thing I really don't like about it is that the fuel tank is too small. If a vehicle is going to burn as much as that thing does, it ought to carry more, 18gal is just too little.

The F150 is an interesting case. They introduced it for 2018 as F150 Police Responder. The package gives you a plain-jane 150XL with FX4 Off Road package, but with Raptor brakes, Raptor cooling system, a 240amp alternator and XLT and Lariat Sport Package rims and a detuned version of the Raptor engine. Ford markets it as "the only pursuit-rated pickup on the market". I'm not too sure about that. It certainly gets going no problem, but pursuing someone on those big, knobby off-road tires seems kinda iffy to me. Unless, you're pursuing them off road.

The best thing is all three are towards the lower end of the price range in their model families. The Tauriceptor is 17,000 cheaper than an SHO, the Exploriceptor 20,000 cheaper than the Sport, and the 150 is almost 30,000 cheaper than a Raptor.

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:42 pm

Where are the Benzes?
"I'm putting an end to this f*ckery." - Rayna Boyanov

KPryor

Postby KPryor » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:12 pm

I was a Crown Vic fan, too, but I think the only thing it truly had on the Tauriceptor (which itself got discontinued after this year) was the size. Compared to the Vic, the Taurus is definitely smallish, although nowhere near as cramped as some people make it sound. I'm not a little guy, and there is plenty of room for me even with mine having the admin package with a full civilian console (granted I don't wear a duty belt). Then there is 75 more hp (even with the non-turbo engine), AWD, much better handling, much better brakes, much more precise steering etc etc.

The Exploriceptor is almost too roomy. For example, to do the old elbow on the window sill move is not convenient, the sill is too far away and too high. Of course, it can carry ridiculous amounts of junk, handling is pretty decent for such a brick, it's three seconds faster to 60 than the Crown Vic. The only thing I really don't like about it is that the fuel tank is too small. If a vehicle is going to burn as much as that thing does, it ought to carry more, 18gal is just too little.

The F150 is an interesting case. They introduced it for 2018 as F150 Police Responder. The package gives you a plain-jane 150XL with FX4 Off Road package, but with Raptor brakes, Raptor cooling system, a 240amp alternator and XLT and Lariat Sport Package rims and a detuned version of the Raptor engine. Ford markets it as "the only pursuit-rated pickup on the market". I'm not too sure about that. It certainly gets going no problem, but pursuing someone on those big, knobby off-road tires seems kinda iffy to me. Unless, you're pursuing them off road.

The best thing is all three are towards the lower end of the price range in their model families. The Tauriceptor is 17,000 cheaper than an SHO, the Exploriceptor 20,000 cheaper than the Sport, and the 150 is almost 30,000 cheaper than a Raptor.
Not wearing a duty belt makes a huge huge difference indeed. Most cars, kitchen chairs and pretty much anywhere else just aren't made for people wearing the Batman utility belt.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:00 pm

Well, you need to get a new lawn guy, or are you going to be like Evan and express disdain for my expertise?

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:57 pm

Well, you need to get a new lawn guy, or are you going to be like Evan and express disdain for my expertise?
Well...I would get a new guy except:

1. He's cheap;
2. He's extremely reliable (very much a rarity in the Greater Daytona area);
3. I don't think it would make much difference, the soil here within a 1/4 mile of the beach is just pure sand, nothing grows very well;
4. The only yards you see with decent vegetation around here are either on the West side of the Intracoastal (where the soil is much better) or at properties where owners spend untold thousands on landscaping, which I won't do;
5. He's cheap.

Hope that helps.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:19 pm

*** I don't think it would make much difference, the soil here within a 1/4 mile of the beach is just pure sand, nothing grows very well;***The only yards you see with decent vegetation around here are either on the West side of the Intracoastal (where the soil is much better) or at properties where owners spend untold thousands on landscaping, which I won't do***
Oh great, another well-informed opinion. :lol:

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:22 pm

*** I don't think it would make much difference, the soil here within a 1/4 mile of the beach is just pure sand, nothing grows very well;***The only yards you see with decent vegetation around here are either on the West side of the Intracoastal (where the soil is much better) or at properties where owners spend untold thousands on landscaping, which I won't do***
Oh great, another well-informed opinion. :lol:
Feel free to come down here and address whatever deficiencies you see, I'll be damned if I stop ya.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:28 pm

Feel free to come down here and address whatever deficiencies you see, I'll be damned if I stop ya.
You capture a basic truth.

You can put much money and effort into a nice lawn and you will have beautiful green stuff and have to periodically mow it.

You can put no money and effort into a lawn and you will have green stuff and have to periodically mow it. You probably won't be on the cover of Better Homes and Gardens, but you can feel much better about yourself for not using environmentally poisoning synthetic chemistry and receive approval from Not_Karl.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:51 pm

You capture a basic truth.

You can put much money and effort into a nice lawn and you will have beautiful green stuff and have to periodically mow it.

You can put no money and effort into a lawn and you will have green stuff and have to periodically mow it. You probably won't be on the cover of Better Homes and Gardens, but you can feel much better about yourself for not using environmentally poisoning synthetic chemistry and receive approval from Not_Karl.
Like I said, if you don't like what you see, get down here and fix it. I sure as f*** won't.

monchavo
Site Admin

Postby monchavo » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:22 am

None observed.
____
Join the airdisaster Discord - https://discord.gg/A59Vdw73ET

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:22 pm

Do you have credentials to show?
...you can feel much better about yourself for not using environmentally poisoning synthetic chemistry and receive approval from Not_Karl.
INDEED.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:03 pm

Indeed I do. And probably the beginnings of mild senility like Boeing Bobby. Flyboy needs to put 3000 lbs of nitrogen straight to his yard...NO SLOW RELEASE! I have several thousand hours fertilizing lawns, and tire of you outsiders talking about how we need or don't need to take care of lawns.

In other news, Evan said the Air France guys should have chosen attitudes and power settings consistent with robust airspeeds. It's possible that my head will explode.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:27 pm

Indeed I do. And probably the beginnings of mild senility like Boeing Bobby. Flyboy needs to put 3000 lbs of nitrogen straight to his yard...NO SLOW RELEASE! I have several thousand hours fertilizing lawns, and tire of you outsiders talking about how we need or don't need to take care of lawns.
Good. Come on down here, I'll let you borrow the police truck, go get whatever chemicals you need.

In other news, Evan said the Air France guys should have chosen attitudes and power settings consistent with robust airspeeds. It's possible that my head will explode.
I dropped my coffee.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Flyboy needs to put 3000 lbs of nitrogen straight to his yard...NO SLOW RELEASE! I have several thousand hours fertilizing lawns, and tire of you outsiders talking about how we need or don't need to take care of lawns.
We can only dream of manure. You live the dream.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Flyboy needs to put 3000 lbs of nitrogen straight to his yard...NO SLOW RELEASE! I have several thousand hours fertilizing lawns, and tire of you outsiders talking about how we need or don't need to take care of lawns.
We can only dream of manure. You live the dream.
Indeed

Return to “Off Topic Forum”