$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Ancient Mariner

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Postby Ancient Mariner » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Howdy guys,
hows your new 100$ bill coming along. Har, har, har....
Per

Verbal

Re: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Postby Verbal » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:02 pm

I only use $100 bills to light my Cuban cigars. The US Treasury is slow with my next delivery....
"I'm putting an end to this f*ckery." - Rayna Boyanov

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:09 pm

I only use $100 bills to light my Cuban cigars. The US Treasury is slow with my next delivery....
No wonder, they calculated it'll take 20 to 30 years to hand sort the new batch. The printing cost per note is 12 cents. The sorting? Who knows?
Per

Hazmat

Postby Hazmat » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Money printing presses are the only machines running at full capacity in todays US economy, no ???

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:06 am

I only use $100 bills to light my Cuban cigars.
I assume lighters are very expensive in the States.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

reubee

Postby reubee » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:35 am

They can use this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_100_dollar_note as a temporary 1-1 replacement.

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:43 am

WASHINGTON – The government said Monday it will need to check more than 1 billion new $100 bills because of production problems that have left unwanted creases in many of the notes.

Officials of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing said Monday that they are examining 1.1 billion of the new bills to determine how much of the currency will have to be destroyed.
Per

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:36 pm

WASHINGTON – The government said Monday it will need to check more than 1 billion new $100 bills because of production problems that have left unwanted creases in many of the notes.

Officials of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing said Monday that they are examining 1.1 billion of the new bills to determine how much of the currency will have to be destroyed.
Per
Are they outsourcing the printing of new U$S bills to Alenia?
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Per
Are they outsourcing the printing of new U$S bills to Alenia?
If only, then they'd have someone to blame. Now they just look like a third world outfit caught with their pants down. Quality control, anyone? Heads will roll, beware the Terrorist Act (or whatever). This is clearly an attack on the American Economy.
Per

David Hilditch

Postby David Hilditch » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:14 pm

...This is clearly an attack on the American Economy.
Per
About 65-70% of physical hundred dollar bills are outside the US, so the whole world is affected. Cargo aircraft leave the US and ply the airways of the world carrying green pieces of paper every week bound for the usual places. It is ironic, I suppose, that the American economy has survived this past couple of decades via the printing of money. Now the Americans cannot even print the stuff. Very ominous news.

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:48 am

...This is clearly an attack on the American Economy.
Per
About 65-70% of physical hundred dollar bills are outside the US, so the whole world is affected. Cargo aircraft leave the US and ply the airways of the world carrying green pieces of paper every week bound for the usual places. It is ironic, I suppose, that the American economy has survived this past couple of decades via the printing of money. Now the Americans cannot even print the stuff. Very ominous news.
Indeed, David. When you can't make cars, aeroplanes, electronics, ships or any other gadget the world would like to buy from you and now not even the one thing the world did want, where does that leave the once mighty USoA?
Per

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:11 pm

When you can't make cars, aeroplanes, electronics, ships or any other gadget the world would like to buy from you and now not even the one thing the world did want, where does that leave the once mighty USoA?
We are very capable of shipping mass quantities of recyclable material to China. Hope this helps.

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:59 pm

When you can't make cars, aeroplanes, electronics, ships or any other gadget the world would like to buy from you and now not even the one thing the world did want, where does that leave the once mighty USoA?
We are very capable of shipping mass quantities of recyclable material to China. Hope this helps.
Why would China like to have your politicians?
Per

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:24 pm

They need compost.

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:43 am

They need compost.
Aha.
Per

Melissa
Mrs. ISGPOTM

Postby Melissa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:10 am

Good thing I have about 38 Euro left from my trip to Europe last summer, those should get me through the immediate crisis.
Melissa* PPL SEL, Instrument Airplane, Complex Airplane Endorsement, IGI.
Official Winner of the ASF (Version 1.0) Aviation Safety Quiz 2006
Official Winner of the ad.info (Version 1.1) Fantasy Football League "Cleared For Touchdown" 2009

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:46 am

Good thing I have about 38 Euro left from my trip to Europe last summer, those should get me through the immediate crisis.
Better, not good enough. In these trying times only one currency will do. Viking PetroDollars. Sterling stuff.
Per

Return to “Off Topic Forum”