Fear of Flying Forum needed?

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

GerryW
Mr. Salami

Fear of Flying Forum needed?

Postby GerryW » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Is a Fear of Flying Forum needed here too?

It's poll time: here

sindeewell

Re: Fear of Flying Forum needed?

Postby sindeewell » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:11 pm

Well, I know from experience that I appreciated it. Not sure if the mods/admin want to deal with it but if they are looking for someone to look after it, I would offer up my services.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ~ WOW, what a ride~!!!

Rabbi O'Genius

Postby Rabbi O'Genius » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:44 am

Well, I know from experience that I appreciated it. Not sure if the mods/admin want to deal with it but if they are looking for someone to look after it, I would offer up my services.
It's kind of you to offer, but I'm hoping we can get Wingnut to facilitate (again). She'd just started on our previous forum when we all buggered off...........
......never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. – John Donne

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:25 am

It's kind of you to offer, but I'm hoping we can get Wingnut to facilitate (again). She'd just started on our previous forum when we all buggered off...........
Ok...No problemo. If something doesn't work out, I will step in if need be...that is if we do manage to get it up and running.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ~ WOW, what a ride~!!!

Thunder Down Under

Postby Thunder Down Under » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:01 am

....Wingnut?.....ex Rebbeca?..

TDU
I don't have a plan........therefore nothing can go wrong.....

Rabbi O'Genius

Postby Rabbi O'Genius » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:10 am

TDU
Not the same person, but similar "well thought-out and patient" (pun not intended) style. If anyone has Rebecca's contact details perhaps they should tell her where we've gone............
......never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. – John Donne

Thunder Down Under

Postby Thunder Down Under » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:21 am

TDU
Not the same person, but similar "well thought-out and patient" (pun not intended) style. If anyone has Rebecca's contact details perhaps they should tell her where we've gone............
...ah roger that ROG......have got an email address for Rebs....bit old tho'.......will hit her with an email and see if it works....exactly what is our address here?

TDU

Rabbi O'Genius

Postby Rabbi O'Genius » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:07 am

...exactly what is our address here?

TDU
http://airdisaster.info/forums/ works for me, but I heard a rumour that we're going to change it again, (by inserting www to try and throw the last few stragglers off the scent) so perhaps you should wait a bit......... Mods - will the URL change again?

Thunder Down Under

Postby Thunder Down Under » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:38 am

...exactly what is our address here?

TDU
http://airdisaster.info/forums/ works for me, but I heard a rumour that we're going to change it again, (by inserting www to try and throw the last few stragglers off the scent) so perhaps you should wait a bit......... Mods - will the URL change again?
ok .......copy that...

TDU

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:58 am

If a Fear of Flying Forum is installed, I advocate also a Fear of Crying Forum. We´ll need assistance to handle all the OGODOGODOGODOGODOGODs.
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Thunder Down Under

Postby Thunder Down Under » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:05 am

If a Fear of Flying Forum is installed, I advocate also a Fear of Crying Forum. We´ll need assistance to handle all the OGODOGODOGODOGODOGODs.
.........with sweaty cardigans, Pipe? :shock:

TDU

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:46 am

TDU
Well, I mean it.

It´s no secret that I´ve always found the FoF cheap psychological crutches for weak people who are not able to do an effort to overcome their (baseless!) fears on their own. Enter the forum, snip with your finger, no effort needed, hey even medical recipes are given, and you´ll enter the plane like Charles Lindbergh short before his transatlantic flight.

I´m perfectly aware of my heresy, and I expect to be beaten to death because of what I´ve just written above. But this is how I see it. Sorry!

On the other hand, and this being said, I´m only one member of this community and if the majority decides such a forum is needed, I´ll not oppose and just shut up. But the question was "Do we need ...?" and I don´t think so.

Now you can fall all over that stupid German, rip him to pieces, chopp him to fish bate, torture him until he thinks he´s a hamster.... :mrgreen:

But don´t torture me by being obvious. Please!

Pipe
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Thunder Down Under

Postby Thunder Down Under » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:18 pm

TDU
Well, I mean it.

It´s no secret that I´ve always found the FoF cheap psychological crutches for weak people who are not able to do an effort to overcome their (baseless!) fears on their own. Enter the forum, snip with your finger, no effort needed, hey even medical recipes are given, and you´ll enter the plane like Charles Lindbergh short before his transatlantic flight.

I´m perfectly aware of my heresy, and I expect to be beaten to death because of what I´ve just written above. But this is how I see it. Sorry!

On the other hand, and this being said, I´m only one member of this community and if the majority decides such a forum is needed, I´ll not oppose and just shut up. But the question was "Do we need ...?" and I don´t think so.

Now you can fall all over that stupid German, rip him to pieces, chopp him to fish bate, torture him until he thinks he´s a hamster.... :mrgreen:

But don´t torture me by being obvious. Please!

Pipe
Well, there you go, Pipe.

No, I'm not going to bash you. My opinion is basically 'Get a life, Cupcake". Really, I'm not interested when people come on here with their little traumas. If the thing is going to ' plunge out of the sky" there is f*** all you can do about it. :shock: Now how are you going with nice sweaters? :o and please get the chip off your shoulder..........it is not befitting the Pipe that I know from history ;)

TDU

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:56 pm

Well, there you go, Pipe.

No, I'm not going to bash you. My opinion is basically 'Get a life, Cupcake". Really, I'm not interested when people come on here with their little traumas. If the thing is going to ' plunge out of the sky" there is f*** all you can do about it. :shock: Now how are you going with nice sweaters? :o and please get the chip off your shoulder..........it is not befitting the Pipe that I know from history ;)

TDU
Naaahhh, Mate, Thunder ............... the "chip on the shoulder" wasn´t directed towards you, more like in general direction of this topic. I´m still the idiot from ancient times. ;)

Funny enough, flyboy was once banned over this issue and right in the rare moment I was actually agreeing with him. :lol:

Pipe
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Angelic One

Postby Angelic One » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:48 pm

*makes a note never to talk about her fear of flying on this forum...
Always do whatever's next ~ George Carlin

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Naaah, it´s not this forum, only Pipe ............... well, maybe plus a few insignificant others.

With Pipe´s recommendations you´d lose your FoF the hard way. Thing is, you WOULD lose it.
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

FrankM

Postby FrankM » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:36 pm

Naaah, it´s not this forum, only Pipe ............... well, maybe plus a few insignificant others.

With Pipe´s recommendations you´d lose your FoF the hard way. Thing is, you WOULD lose it.
Ah c'mon. If it helps to attract some cute chicks here, let them have their fear.

:mrgreen:
Wir sind dann mal oben !

Half Bottle

Postby Half Bottle » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:47 pm

Ah c'mon. If it helps to attract some cute chicks here, let them have their fear.

:mrgreen:
ding ding ding
~~~ In Oxford Town, you smell like dead lab rats. ~~~

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:40 pm

Alright, Angelic One, Pipe´s lessons for Fearful Flyers are about to begin. A small preview:

1. We make ourselves really, really comfortable. We relax and we breath. The first lesson is a piece of cake. It´s basically all about champagne, savage sex and a good book, in that particular order.

2. On a later stage we´ll talk about mexican bean farts, but I don´t wanna frighten you right now, so we leave this for another lesson. Enjoy your sex first.

3. This is a roundtrip in a Tadshikistan Tu-134. We´ll fly with a badly maintained, overloaded and fueled with dubious quality kerosene Tu-134 throughout the last forgotten boondocks of Russia. Ah, the pilots are no strangers to healthy doses of good ol´ russian Vodka, the high voltage stuff. This is how they compensate their low-oktan jetfuel.

4. Here you will graduate. All of the above in ONE lesson!!! Plus: inflight video supplied by ogrish.com with exclusive pictures of horribly mutilated victims from car crashes. Trust me, after that one you´ll rather step into an airplane than driving to the airport in your car.

I´m ready, how ´bout you?

Pipe
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Alright, Angelic One, Pipe´s lessons for Fearful Flyers are about to begin. A small preview:

1. We make ourselves really, really comfortable. We relax and we breath. The first lesson is a piece of cake. It´s basically all about champagne, savage sex and a good book, in that particular order.

2. On a later stage we´ll talk about mexican bean farts, but I don´t wanna frighten you right now, so we leave this for another lesson. Enjoy your sex first.

3. This is a roundtrip in a Tadshikistan Tu-134. We´ll fly with a badly maintained, overloaded and fueled with dubious quality kerosene Tu-134 throughout the last forgotten boondocks of Russia. Ah, the pilots are no strangers to healthy doses of good ol´ russian Vodka, the high voltage stuff. This is how they compensate their low-oktan jetfuel.

4. Here you will graduate. All of the above in ONE lesson!!! Plus: inflight video supplied by ogrish.com with exclusive pictures of horribly mutilated victims from car crashes. Trust me, after that one you´ll rather step into an airplane than driving to the airport in your car.

Pipe
Just one question professor. Do we have sex before we get on the plane, while we are on the plane or after we crash the plane???? :?: :P

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Pipe
Just one question professor. Do we have sex before we get on the plane, while we are on the plane or after we crash the plane???? :?: :P
We´ll have sex at several stages. It helps you to relax ............. we´ll sort of .............afterwards ......... I think. The plane won´t crash. What do you think the mexican bean fart is for?
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

el

Postby el » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:51 pm

Well, you know Pipes preferences: champagne, wild savage sex and a good book. (or so)

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:53 pm

Well, you know Pipes preferences: champagne, wild savage sex and a good book. (or so)
Hmmm...well, champagne (aka "Panty Remover") leads to the wild savage sex...I don't get what the book is for though? :mrgreen:

el

Postby el » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:55 pm

Hmmm...well, champagne (aka "Panty Remover") leads to the wild savage sex...I don't get what the book is for though? :mrgreen:
To look up what he is supposed to do? :idea:

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:16 pm

To look up what he is supposed to do? :idea:
In that case we don´t need the "particular order", won´t we. You guys got it all wrong. You don´t make sex with the book nor with the champagne. I thought this was clear.
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Return to “Off Topic Forum”