One Little Viking Went Skiing

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Ancient Mariner

One Little Viking Went Skiing

Postby Ancient Mariner » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Took my 5 and, very important, half year old grand son skiing on Friday.
He, and things went wild.
This be him jumping, took off on the left, landed where his ski poles point. Happy Little Viking.

He then tried some speed skiing, didn't brake, didn't turn, hit a sign.
This be him seconds later. Not a happy Little Viking

As a caring grand father, and after I got my pics I called for assistance. A good looking Swede appeared on a snowmobile. Little Viking didn't agree, he don't like blondes.

In the car on the way to the hospital Little Viking developed fashionable, expensive lips.

After a clean up and a CT scan he was diagnosed with a small fracture somewhere at the back of his nose and a concussion, kept the night over hooked up to some sort of surveillance thingie. Little Viking thought CT scanner, monitor and cables connected to pads on his chest; Way Cool, just like Star Wars.

Still wanted to go skiing the next day, but we had to keep him indoor. Drove him, and us nuts.
Per

Sir Gallivant

Re: One Little Viking Went Skiing

Postby Sir Gallivant » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Oh boy. That was likely not the best of days for either small or large Viking. I hope he heals well.
Veni, Vidi, Velcro!

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Oh boy. That was likely not the best of days for either small or large Viking. I hope he heals well.

He is alredy back to his usual wild self. This from todays return from the cottage, stopped on the way for a burger and fries. Just a bit bluish, pinkish aorund the eyes, some marks on the forehead hidden by hair, a swollen nose and cheecks and that's about it.
Per

PurduePilot

Postby PurduePilot » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:39 am

Glad he made it through relatively unscathed. But will Mama Viking allow more shenanigans in the future?

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:20 am

Glad he made it through relatively unscathed. But will Mama Viking allow more shenanigans in the future?
Mama Viking believes in "No pain, no gain" so no problem there. She was transported off piste by a snowmobile herself at age 9, Little Viking's number one Viking Sister at age 7 and number two is working on it. Old Papa Viking has a childhood history of frequent hospital visits due to skiing mishaps. Must be in the genes methinks. At least today our grandchildren use helmets and spine protectors. We didn't which might explain a thing or two. :?
Going up there next weekend on a boys trip which normally includes skiing with back packs stuffed with beer and Jagermeister. Wouldn't be too surprised if I had to pay the good doctors at Rjukan Hospital another visit.
Per

monchavo
Site Admin

Postby monchavo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:08 pm

skiing with back packs stuffed with beer and Jagermeister
Note to self, go skiing with Per

I assume the nose wasn't broken (too badly) and he's right as rain now?
____
Join the airdisaster Discord - https://discord.gg/A59Vdw73ET

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:51 pm

skiing with back packs stuffed with beer and Jagermeister
Note to self, go skiing with Per

I assume the nose wasn't broken (too badly) and he's right as rain now?
Turned out that Little Viking also had a hairline crack in his little Viking skull, starting around the nose, up the forehead and across the dome. Little Viking found this kind of cool, and wanted to know if he was leaking. Thankfully he was not.
This be Little Viking today with new helmet, the old one is compressed, full of blood and retired to Little Viking's trophy wall.

Monchie, your welcome to Gaustablikk anytime, just bring the duty free quota, and then some. :mrgreen:
Per

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:25 am

Little Viking's not so little Viking Sister went for some skiing fun while Old Viking Per got the fire started in order to cremate some bacon and sausages. Little Viking Sister ended up whacking herself over the head with her skis. Little Viking Sister not a happy bunny while Old Viking Per got mightily told off by Old Viking Grandma for continuing filming and not entering comfort mode. Old Viking Per apparantly never able to do anything right. :mrgreen:
All solved with hot dogs with bacon.
Per

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:27 am

Little Viking thus learned that one is never too young to have a "Y'all watch this moment!"
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Little Viking thus learned that one is never too young to have a "Y'all watch this moment!"
I'm not so sure that he learnt much more than that. He's back to his usual wild "Y'all watch this" self. We'll be having all three kids for almost one week at the cabin for our extended Easter vacation, the parents will be working.
We've stocked up on band-aid, bandages, sweets and patience. Let the good times roll. :roll:
Watch this space for pix and vids.
Per

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:04 pm

Little Nottie_Karlie got his nose broken when two years old by getting too close to a swinging girl (apparently neither of us was equipped with a transponder). Little Viking found a much more interesting way of getting it done. Glad to see he's doing fine and has a cool story to tell :D.

Poor Not-So-Little Viking Sister :(. Bad Old Viking Per :x, I agree with Old Viking Grandma.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:58 am

Little Nottie_Karlie got his nose broken when two years old by getting too close to a swinging girl (apparently neither of us was equipped with a transponder). Little Viking found a much more interesting way of getting it done. Glad to see he's doing fine and has a cool story to tell :D.

Poor Not-So-Little Viking Sister :(. Bad Old Viking Per :x, I agree with Old Viking Grandma.
One should, Little or not, avoid swinging ladies since they might cause grief. :shock:
I've just ordered a Styrofoam head to put his crash(ed) helmet on and the below picture will be framed and walled. He should have followed the arrow and turned right. Sign was solid wood and you can see the splinters. Good thing he didn't hit face on.
Per

monchavo
Site Admin

Postby monchavo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:02 pm

Very glad the nipper is okay, could have been somewhat nastier! Thanks for the invite, good fellow!
____
Join the airdisaster Discord - https://discord.gg/A59Vdw73ET

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:50 pm

One should, Little or not, avoid swinging ladies since they might cause grief. :shock:
Concur :P .
Sign was solid wood and you can see the splinters. Good thing he didn't hit face on.
:shock:
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”