F.A.O.: 3WE

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

ocelot

Re: Air Berlin's Not_go-around

Postby ocelot » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:39 am

*I don't think that "unusual" alone conveys the meaning of "insólito" -even if it is the correct translation according to Them Googles-. I think it is more like a combination of unusual(exceptional?), strange and unexpected. For example: Evanie, Brianie, BBie and ATLCrewboyie agreeing with you at the same time would not be "inusual" (the literal translation of unusual), but absolutely "insólito".
You can't expect machine translation to get this kind of thing right...

I would suggest "singular", except it's kinda fallen out of use in that sense and would sound a bit odd.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: Air Berlin's Not_go-around

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:55 pm

I would suggest "singular", except it's kinda fallen out of use in that sense and would sound a bit odd.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Not_Karl

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:13 pm

3WEie, there:
ON ANOTHER NOTE...I guess we MAY be seeing what happened in those two other 737 crashes in Russia not too long ago.
Fixed.

Maybe Russia should ban go-arounds in 737s.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:10 pm

3WEie, there:
ON ANOTHER NOTE...I guess we MAY be seeing what happened in those two other 737 crashes in Russia not too long ago.
Fixed.

Maybe Russia should ban go-arounds in 737s.
Another good option might be to ban aeroplanies. That also solves the simultaneous problem with their unwritten altimeter setting procedures, sniffing below minimums, interpersonal power gradients, sabotaged ILS beams and moving trees.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:00 am

Another good option might be to ban aeroplanies.
CONCUR. How many total air disasters would have been averted had authorities did listened the first time we asked for a total aeroplanie ban? :x

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:37 pm

It would seem that we are somewhat discontented with Brianie (and BBie).

Should I Nair for the men only picnic?

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:16 pm

It would seem that we are somewhat discontented with Brianie (and BBie).

Should I Nair for the men only picnic?
I neither concur, nor disconcur with your statement, but it is acknowledged as relevant.

Regarding your attempt at a gray-fonted (which we do not have here) comment, it would seem to be classic outsider parlour speculation. You should take the question there, where they actually have some insiders regarding that subject.

3WE

Disclosure of supposed-to-be-private PM material.

Postby 3WE » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:22 pm

Ok, it's bad practice to post PM contents...so:

I got a PM from the numero uno moderator, there, indicating that a secondary moderator had complained about a poster who tended to be off topic and off the wall.

It may even have relevance to a recent post in this very thread.

He asked if the forumite bothered me.

I stated "no".

Numero uno moderator replied (paraphrased). "Thank you, I really have no interest in banning people".

Not_Karl

Re: Disclosure of supposed-to-be-private PM material.

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:54 am

It is a way worse practice to talk about other people behind their back and discuss their particularities, especially being a complete ignorant asshat on the subject and Not_knowing him personally, but seeing that the issue has turned more serious, with warnings and the risk of a ban, here I go: As I have expressed in the past (and a forumite there said more directly), I do not think that the language barrier is the main culprit. I know/knew/did knewed people both in real life (one person) and in them interwebz (a few) with very very similar behaviour (fixation with certain subjects, seeing a clear correlation of their particular subjects of interest to every unrelated subject at hand, taking non serious comments or jokes literally -this can also be exacerbated by language differences-, expressing themselves in a convoluted, hard to follow manner, taking innocent things not directed at him as a personal attack -like with a certain forumite's thread on airlines stopping a certain model's operations, at the same time ignoring his other thread of new same model operators-, etc.). In fact, all the examples I wrote are a perfect match of the guy I know personally (just with anime, manga and videogames instead of a plane model, an airline, dates and age, etc.).

So, while of course I can't say if he has an issue/dishability/whatever the correct term for it might be (language barrier right here!) or not -reread bolded section of first sentence, and even if I knew it would not be adequate for me to say it-, I think we should be a little more patient just in case. Even if he is simply a thread hijacker and nothing more, there is a nice "Add to ignore list" button at the public's disposal, I don't understand why people are so bothered.

By the way, I didn't receive the PM. It seems that I'm not considered important with only 53 posts... :cry: :mrgreen:

(Obligatory "sorry for bad English" disclaimer after un post tan largo).

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:13 pm

...It is a way worse practice to talk about other people behind their back...
...stranger yet. When I replied to the genuine numero uno moderator, I copied the pseudo moderator, whom I shall call Un Moderator Del Genio Super...

...Un Moderator Del Genio Super did not reply at all whatsoever (yes, I'm being kinda absolute)...the guy who used to threaten bans is silent. :shock:

Have we beaten him down? Did he lose his moderatorship (or quit?).

Perhaps the drama of rejecting really nice pictures of aeroplanies over pendantic, nit-picky flaws is more of a power trip than dealing with ass hat trolling AD.info folks- he is moody and, interestingly, has occasionally demonstrated a modicum of humour along with making off-topic posts himself!

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:10 pm

It is a way worse practice to talk about other people behind their back and discuss their particularities, especially being a complete ignorant asshat on the subject and Not_knowing him personally, but seeing that the issue has turned more serious, with warnings and the risk of a ban, here I go: As I have expressed in the past (and a forumite there said more directly), I do not think that the language barrier is the main culprit. I know/knew/did knewed people both in real life (one person) and in them interwebz (a few) with very very similar behaviour (fixation with certain subjects, seeing a clear correlation of their particular subjects of interest to every unrelated subject at hand, taking non serious comments or jokes literally -this can also be exacerbated by language differences-, expressing themselves in a convoluted, hard to follow manner, taking innocent things not directed at him as a personal attack -like with a certain forumite's thread on airlines stopping a certain model's operations, at the same time ignoring his other thread of new same model operators-, etc.). In fact, all the examples I wrote are a perfect match of the guy I know personally (just with anime, manga and videogames instead of a plane model, an airline, dates and age, etc.).

So, while of course I can't say if he has an issue/dishability/whatever the correct term for it might be (language barrier right here!) or not -reread bolded section of first sentence, and even if I knew it would not be adequate for me to say it-, I think we should be a little more patient just in case. Even if he is simply a thread hijacker and nothing more, there is a nice "Add to ignore list" button at the public's disposal, I don't understand why people are so bothered.

By the way, I didn't receive the PM. It seems that I'm not considered important with only 53 posts... :cry: :mrgreen:

(Obligatory "sorry for bad English" disclaimer after un post tan largo).

What?
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:53 pm

What?
Alex Snot This said brianw(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhw-XlTMB5I) was upset with LSD-747-400's crazy, off-topic posts and was thinking about banning him.

He wondered if I was bothered by him.

LSD did get a little weirder than normal about the all-men's picnic joke.

Situation: Normal.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:39 pm

What?
No_Soy_Carlos said the following:

1. A bunch of silly, but true stuff about talking behind the back of the picture rejection forum (and people in general.)

2. That he knows someone much like LSD-747-400 in totally other, non-aviation forum...someone so obsessed with one particular sub topic that they go off-topic/off-context regularly.

3. He does not want to see LSD-747-400 banned.

4. He joked that his low post count does not give him the gold-medallion-frequent-poster status enjoyed by others- where we get to weigh in on banning people.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Oh, got it. Alex pm'd me too, I told him I'm not a fan of the banhammer.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:22 pm

What?
No_Soy_Carlos said the following (...)
Muchas gracias por la traducción :clap: .

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:37 pm

What?
No_Soy_Carlos said the following (...)
Muchas gracias por la traducción :clap: .
No_hay problemo.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:39 am

Brianie's intervention on LH-B747-4's post there:
(Smartass off topic comment aimed at moderators deleted. Don’t do it again LH-B744. You are really sailing very close to the wind.)
Noooooo, I missed it! :cry: :x

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:59 am

LSD-744 seems quite torqued off at Brian...and Brian has his moodiness. I sometimes wonder if the LSD-744 nickname might have some truth...

Who knows.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:59 am

LSD-744 seems quite torqued off at Brian...and Brian has his moodiness. I sometimes wonder if the LSD-744 nickname might have some truth...

Who knows.
I blame WWII.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:36 pm

Who knows.
I blame WWII.
Indeed.

Had it turned out differently, there'd probably be some crazy US dude with bad German posting about his love of a German-built jumbo jet flown by American Airlines or something...and getting on Brian's nerves at Turbojet flugliner fotos und enthaarungs-diskussionen.com.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:12 am

arasda, there:
My wife is also terrified of planes, but we have to travel all the time because of my job, she still freaks out everytime, and now that she is on her semana 18 de embarazo its even worse
It seems que nosotros are not los únicos mixing castellano and inglés...

Not_Karl

Unbuckling on an active taxiway

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:23 am

Looking at recent incidents, isn't there a serious risk of another aeroplanie landing on top of yours?

3WE

Re: Unbuckling on an active taxiway

Postby 3WE » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Looking at recent incidents, isn't there a serious risk of another aeroplanie landing on top of yours?
Not at Flyover International airport where I a large amount of my unbuckling...

Not_Karl

Damn you, square idiots!

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:21 pm

3WE

Re: Damn you, square idiots!

Postby 3WE » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:46 am

It would seem that we do not always seem things in the same way. Just like Evan sees cowboy pilots not understanding the 236-Advanced as the problem while Eric, 3BS, Gabe, and who knows who else saw procedural pilots not understanding the fundamentals of watching the approach, using click-clack-paddy-whack, give a man a plane, and this old whatever model went the-hell-around-instead-of-dicking-with-the-the-autopilot as the problem.

And, perhaps we also lack self-awareness.

IMHO, it does seem to be something of an inner-circle-elitist bunch that seems to mostly reject pretty pictures of aeroplanies by citing nitpicky photographic flaws and database issues including, but not limited to, Not_Karl's favorite that night is not_ necessarily night.

It would seem that poor Emma continues to have her pictures rejected by their meanie screeners.

I should visit the photo rejection forum again sometime; however, in many ways it has become overwhelming with sticky threads of rules and way too many appeals and complaints and prescreens...while 1/3 - 2/3 composure, the framing of gravel piles and the art of fog and weeds* escape them...

*Yes, the agronomic weed whacker actually sided with Brianie on that one.

Footnote: Does Emma like to discuss aviation in addition to taking jet pictures? If so, we could invite her to join here-assuming she has a good sense of humour.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”