F.A.O.: 3WE

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: Damn you, square idiots!

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:55 am

I should visit the photo rejection forum again sometime
It's the same as always:
>Nice pictures being rejected because 0.0000000005 degrees of rotation are needed (fixable), or a leave of grass is covering a single pixel of a wheel (Not_fixable).
>EVERY SINGLE PICTURE appears to have contrast issues (too low), and the lack of disctinct reasons for rejection gets on the nerves of some jetphotographers. Many are not salvageable for JP (like a white aeroplanie in a grey sky).
>Sharpness. All images are soft until they become oversharpened.
>Digital manipulation/overprocessing. Not_Karlie is always amused by the fact that every picture must be cropped, rotated, have its color-contrast-white balance-exposure-etc. adjusted, sharpened, have its dust pots cloned out, etc., without overprocessing or manipulating them.
Many of the imperfections listed above are invisible to my crappy screen and untrained eyes.

Then, there are some real issues. Not_Karlie agrees with the screeners in the following examples.
>A jetphotographer trying to upload really crappy jetphotos, and getting angry when they are rejected.
>Awkward croppings cutting important aeroplanie parts.

Fortunately, I didn't died see beautiful shots in misty sunrises or derelict aeroplanies being reclaimed by nature being rejected lately. Or maybe we learned that Jetscreeners don't like them and stopped submitting them :(.

Footnote: Does Emma like to discuss aviation in addition to taking jet pictures? If so, we could invite her to join here-assuming she has a good sense of humour.
We should. I would like at least to get a signature-worthy insult from her :mrgreen:
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:34 pm

Does Emma like to discuss aviation in addition to taking jet pictures? If so, we could invite her to join here-assuming she has a good sense of humour.
We should. I would like at least to get a signature-worthy insult from her :mrgreen:
Sometimes I do not research subjects as thoroughly as I should (and it aggravates Gabe).

1. Emma's photo is rather nasty, although artsy too. A stark plain gray aeroplanie against a blue sky...with 1/3-2/3 cropping and roughly focused...Repeating- ugly, but also artsy. It almost feels like an intentional attempt at trolling.

2. Then we have the youtube she references...Not only is there some decent humour, there is a shred of anti-Air Bus sentiment.

This leaves some questions.

Is Emma ITS?

I'll wait for her reply there for an intermediate judgement, but some evidence does point to the all-important sense of humour.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:20 am

Does Emma like to discuss aviation in addition to taking jet pictures? If so, we could invite her to join here-assuming she has a good sense of humour.
Sometimes I do not research subjects as thoroughly as I should (and it aggravates Gabe).

1. Emma's photo is rather nasty, although artsy too. A stark plain gray aeroplanie against a blue sky...with 1/3-2/3 cropping and roughly focused...Repeating- ugly, but also artsy. It almost feels like an intentional attempt at trolling.

2. Then we have the youtube she references...Not only is there some decent humour, there is a shred of anti-Air Bus sentiment.

This leaves some questions.

Is Emma ITS?

I'll wait for her reply there for an intermediate judgement, but some evidence does point to the all-important sense of humour.
I have seen the foto. I will defend her:
> A crappy jetphoto of a crappy, compositey frenchliner seems completely appropriate.
> The cropping/centering is intentional, to hide the trail of falling cheap composite bits and pieces so typical in non metal, non American planes (and/or a chemtrail).
> The blurryness is due to the Airbus' usual shaky flight.
> The lack of contrast is due to fuel mist, caused by dumping because of an emergency (as in the vast majority of Airbus flights) or leaky cheap-composite fuel tanks.
Considering the above, I hope you will review your judgment of Emma's Jetphoto and add it to the database (being her first submission, please tick the "night shot" checkbox for her if she didn't do it).
I did not watch the uch00b.

If she were ITS, wouldn't the photo have been taken from the cockpit of a high flying, wonderful, solid metal, American made :) Boeing :) looking down to the A340? And perfectly focused, thanks to ISGPOTM genius control inputs to match the Aibus' movements...

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."

3WE

Brilliant avatar?

Postby 3WE » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:27 pm

Brilliant or Brill-yunt?

OR

Is it super genius?

Does he even understand the concept?

Not_Karl

Re: Brilliant avatar?

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:07 pm

Does he even understand the concept?
I don't know, but at least you explained to him the important relation between toilet paper and genius airmanship (one also could say that large quantities of toilet paper are a must have when flying in a cheap-composite-FoF-inducing-crackerbox).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BBie, there:
One of the things I missed most when we parked out 200's and I went over to the "glass" airplane, was looking over my right shoulder and asking the engineer, "what's it doing now?"
Fixed?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If pilots are so good at monkeying, why not try with monkeys at piloting?

Not_Karl

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:51 pm

Uros Drapsin, there:
What are your guys opinions on this? Would like to hear your thought? Is it because they are tired, or because they are the typical stupid monkey cowboy stick-and-rudder, procedure-regulations-and-safety-stomper, CB-fiddling asshat pilots? And what kind and intensity of physical punishment would you use to make them actually follow the rules and believe in them?
Fixed?

3WE

***Uros Drapsin***

Postby 3WE » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:45 pm

Man, that is quite the thread.

Gabe carrying on back and forth (and probably pausing to write a hell of a dissertation).

TeeVee questioning the true identity/true situation. (I tend to share some of TeeVees doubt; however Uros could be family member of important member of politbureau, too, please pass the wodka.)

Evan WISHING he could be Uros.

Discussions of autopilot go arounds versus humanpilot go arounds.

Your fixes (above) appear appropriate, But, I would like to know what Uros thinks about relentless pull ups.

Not_Karl

Redundant pilots

Postby Not_Karl » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:40 am

https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthread ... -of-the-FO

I would say that halving the number of stupid monkey pilots should also halve the chances of one of them screwing up (or locking the other out of the cockpit). Discuss.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:57 am

3WE, there:
No one bit on my suggestion that the stall warning (or a slow warning) kicks in sooner...
Instead of a "total near stall!!" warning, I suggest an "everything's OK!" alarm sounding all the time, except when a near/total air disaster approaches.

The 737 and its total rudder disasters... I remember watching a documentary back in the day on Discovery Channel. At the end of the show, one of the investigators, asked if he had a hunch of what had failed (control issues were the main suspect, but this was before the rudder actuator was formally identified as the cause), said that indeed he had... but would rather not disclose it. I hated that guy for years! :mrgreen:
I don't remember if I learned of the final report on another documentary or on them interwebz... I feel so old...

Not_Karl

ELEVATOR reversals...

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:54 am

Should we mention this incident in the 737 rudder hardover thread there?

Wikipedia wrote:
At the request of the NTSB, data from the Penny & Giles Quick Access Recorder - "QAR" - of a British Airways (BA) Boeing 747-400 London-Bangkok flight in which the aircraft had suffered an un-commanded elevator movement and momentary elevator reversal on take-off, the aircraft then continuing its flight and landing safely, was supplied to the NTSB by BA. Unlike a standard FDR, the QAR sampled control input data at much shorter time intervals, as well as sampling and recording many more other aircraft parameters. This BA data led to renewed suspicion of the similar valve design used on the 737 rudder. As a result of this earlier BA incident Boeing had in fact modified the design of the 747 elevator servo system, and the modified system had been retroactively fitted to all 747-400's in service.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:04 pm

Evanie and Gabie, there:
he A300 (and every other certified airliner) can withstand a full, rapid rudder deflection to the mechanical stops (push the pedal as hard as you want) in a single direction at a speed lower than the maneuver speed Va (aka the limit load) without permanent deformation plus a factor of 1.5 (aka the ultimate load) in a condition that would allow the plane to keep flying and land perhaps for the last time before becoming soda cans.
Wrong, soda cans are made from :) good aluminium, :) not cheap-composites (and we all know that all Airbii are 100% cheap-composites and all Boeings are 100% good American aluminium(. I can't wait to drink a Coke from that Pegasus B738!

Evanie:
Yes, another of the 737's brushed under the carpet issues. Yet another jam which leaves no trace, allowing the company to deny that a problem exists, for now.
The plot thickens. Maybe we should interrogate Verbie.

Not_Karl

Flowerphotos.net

Postby Not_Karl » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:29 am

3WE

Re: Flowerphotos.net

Postby 3WE » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:45 pm

Another day at the insider society of perverted photography rules and rejections.

I also note moderator silence on the photo at Eric's link. Of course Eric is discussing aviation.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:46 pm

3WE

A photo of Per, [i]there[/i]

Postby 3WE » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:29 am

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:21 am

LHie, there:
(Sexist, off topic comment here removed by admin)
Noooooo, I missed it! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

3WE

Postby 3WE » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:31 pm

LHie, there:
A-You missed it when you read it BEFORE the mods removed it

OR

B-You missed it BECAUSE the mods removed it.

LSD I sooo scatter brained that I think I missed it (total comprehension disaster) even though I might have read it?????

3WE

Livery Thread [i]there[/i], number 321,434,241

Postby 3WE » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Such in depth discussion and strong opinions...

LSDeee-eee is yet again reminded how he does not like Brianeee-eee

I do still miss Braniff, and have a thing for AA Astro jets, but jeez!

https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthread ... ur-opinion

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:29 am

LHie, there:
A-You missed it when you read it BEFORE the mods removed it

OR

B-You missed it BECAUSE the mods removed it.

LSD I sooo scatter brained that I think I missed it (total comprehension disaster) even though I might have read it?????
B.
As he said something about having an "all female cabin crew" (or something similar, I don't remember) in another post, I guess that the censored comment was something among those lines. I suppose it is his answer to Brianie's "all male picnic" joke (he did understand it was a joke and did not like it).

LHie:
Why not use a real ancient a/c type
For a moment I feared he was going to change his 747 for a 737 :shock:.

Not_Karl

POPCORN ALERT!

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:01 pm

3WE

Re: POPCORN ALERT!

Postby 3WE » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Noted...

And to think, some people think we are weird.

Not_Karl

A bit of Evanie humour!

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:36 am

I think you and/or Flyboyie were surprised some time ago when Evanie showed a sense of humour. It has happened again! :clap:
BoeingieBobbye:
Evan, you need to catch up with the times. They are now called immediate recall items. (...)
Maybe they should be called 'total recall items". 8-)

Not_Karl

F.A.O.: ATLCrewboy2548m

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:54 pm

We do appreciate it when you have something valuable to contribute, but we appreciate your usual admonitions and sarcasm even more.

3WE

Re: F.A.O.: ATLCrewboy2548m

Postby 3WE » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:20 pm

We do appreciate it when you have something valuable to contribute, but we appreciate your usual admonitions and sarcasm even more.
Could a side stick have intraginent resistance to relentless pull ups?

Or perhaps transtranginent resistance to address input divergence?

Not_Karl

IT'S A CONSPIRACY, MAN!

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Return to “Off Topic Forum”