F.A.O.: 3WE

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

flyboy2548m

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Postby flyboy2548m » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:46 pm

But ETOPS is OK, remember that.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

3WE

How do [i]we[/i] feel about the new green plan for USA...

Postby 3WE » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:52 pm

I know this is politically dangerous, but...

-I find it rather extreme.

-I laugh that Evanie seems to like it.

-I know I may be bit red for the enlightened group here, but I would like to point out that this plan calls for large scale elimination of aeroplanies.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

elaw

Re: How do [i]we[/i] feel about the new green plan for USA...

Postby elaw » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:50 pm

large scale elimination of aeroplanies.
Will the elimination of large-scale aeroplanes do? https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/14/business ... index.html
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:23 pm

this plan calls for large scale elimination of aeroplanies.
At last!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:38 am

this plan calls for large scale elimination of aeroplanies.
At last!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
But what will we...errr...they take pictures of so they can enjoy getting rejected and send flowery rejection appeals?

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:43 am

But what will we...errr...they take pictures of so they can enjoy getting rejected and send flowery rejection appeals?
There are alternatives.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."

elaw

Postby elaw » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:24 pm

There are alternatives.
Sorry, any mode of transportation where you can't pull up relentlessly isn't worth discussing. :mrgreen:

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:18 pm

Sorry, any mode of transportation where you can't pull up relentlessly isn't worth discussing. :mrgreen:
Ok.

elaw

Postby elaw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:23 pm

If all those boxes were full of squids, I think we'd be done here.

3WE

Photography Tomfoolery Archive Reference

Postby 3WE » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Context: Bitch fest, there over MCAS and automation vs. humans and redundancy. Date: On and about 3/13/2019
Originally Posted by HalcyonDasiee:

I think I’d agree for once that the recorders should not be sent to the NTSB, if only to ensure the strictest impartiality. While I give the FAA some credit for not giving in to social media pressure and wanting to wait for clear data, there’s no doubt that the worldwide perception of US credibility has been damaged, and it’s hard to counter that now.
Originally Posted by Bobieee:

I agree with you. I think they should send them to Evan's house, have LH 744 flown in from Germany, and the two of them can take them apart in Evan's parents garage and let the world know what the problem is.
...while in the meantime, we have rational discussion here.

Life is good.

Not_Karl

Re: Photography Tomfoolery Archive Reference

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:36 pm

Context: Bitch fest, there over MCAS and automation vs. humans and redundancy. Date: On and about 3/13/2019
Originally Posted by HalcyonDasiee:

I think I’d agree for once that the recorders should not be sent to the NTSB, if only to ensure the strictest impartiality. While I give the FAA some credit for not giving in to social media pressure and wanting to wait for clear data, there’s no doubt that the worldwide perception of US credibility has been damaged, and it’s hard to counter that now.
Originally Posted by Bobieee:

I agree with you. I think they should send them to Evan's house, have LH 744 flown in from Germany, and the two of them can take them apart in Evan's parents garage and let the world know what the problem is.
...while in the meantime, we have rational discussion here.

Life is good.
I'm missing all the good action :cry: (I liked BBie's response :D )

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:51 am

...and Evanie would seem to have run off Bobieee.

Something about credentials

elaw

Postby elaw » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:11 am

IMHO not Evanie (surprisingly) but Black Ram.

I'm actually quite bummed by this (note lack of blue font)... BB never was the best at giving people warm fuzzies, but he did offer a lot of useful input and a unique (for the forum) perspective. :(

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:35 pm

I'm actually quite bummed by this (note lack of blue font)
All of these fora are interesting- Bobby contributed some common sense, and let Gabieeeee play 747 pilot.

He also contributed some most interesting things, including mild debate with many folks, including Dummy, Gabiee, 3Weeee and ATL crewie thinking that anti-skid/anti-lock braking systems weren't advantageous at really high speeds where wings might be producing lift in an RTO situation and more.

I strongly suspect he will be back- he gets grumpy with this person or that, goes quiet and then returns maybe 6 or 8 weeks later as (like many of us), this stuff is an interesting distraction and why deny yourself the joy of pontificating and watching others do the same. I think this is at least the third time.

This MCAS stuff is a hell of a subject...from the outside looking in, my thoughts jump back and fort from how in the hell could Boing have designed it this way to how in the hell do you not keep trimming nose up and then pull the breaker (sorry Evan...flip the cutoff switch in accordance with the correct procedure)…Like so many things- nothing is black and white- the gray area makes it interesting.

An alternative view to this is that the flame wars of old are so rare any more...Man, did ITS and Flyboy piss me off in the good ole days...and I was only a small part of the flame wars and bannings and candelight vigils...

Maybe we can start a vigil thread in OT, there.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:43 am

POPCORN:

Well, I think we have a technology problem here: I have an old, non ELAC (or GLAC) equipped gas stovetop. Temperature gauges are MELed, so I set the burner to a known setting, use a known thickness pot and carefully monitor the situation (i.e.: hear the popping and watch for smoke or burnt smell), making slight heat adjustments if needed, until popping is done.
You, on the other hand, with a computer assisted corn-popper, are used to it making all the work and at an increased risk of a TOTAL CORN DISASTER!!! when the systems fail. The confusion and/or panic of a new, unexpected corn-popping envelope could induce you to take tragic and seemingly illogical actions, like removing the lid before the popping is done, increasing the heat to the maximum even when you see smoke coming out, cutting the power before the popping has even started, etc.
After reading some recent thread activity, there, I must ask, "Are you Boeing Bobby?"

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:27 am

POPCORN:

Well, I think we have a technology problem here: I have an old, non ELAC (or GLAC) equipped gas stovetop. Temperature gauges are MELed, so I set the burner to a known setting, use a known thickness pot and carefully monitor the situation (i.e.: hear the popping and watch for smoke or burnt smell), making slight heat adjustments if needed, until popping is done.
You, on the other hand, with a computer assisted corn-popper, are used to it making all the work and at an increased risk of a TOTAL CORN DISASTER!!! when the systems fail. The confusion and/or panic of a new, unexpected corn-popping envelope could induce you to take tragic and seemingly illogical actions, like removing the lid before the popping is done, increasing the heat to the maximum even when you see smoke coming out, cutting the power before the popping has even started, etc.
After reading some recent thread activity, there, I must ask, "Are you Boeing Bobby?"
Not_, and it's been a looooooong time since I last visited there.
I also no longer have a gas supply and am using a crappy electric oven with integrated, non adjustable burners, so TOTAL COOKING DISASTERS!!!! are frequent in case of distractions, fatigue or idiocy.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:11 pm

Everyone else got that Cervantes reference was NOT re Bonin, right?
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 pm

Everyone else got that Cervantes reference was NOT re Bonin, right?
I have no idea what everyone else's interpretation was.

However, Bonin was not_my first choice and (mild speculation) I think Gabieeee may have thought similarly.

The other question is if you were surprised at the response.

I guess a was a little, but then again, it's pretty consistent.

That or Shadey is trolling the hell out of us.

3WE

Important Announcement

Postby 3WE » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:04 pm

I peed in the photo review forum. (Foreground clutter).

That is all.

/attention whoring

Not_Karl

"The female body is Not_prepared to drive a bus"

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:29 pm

Earlier this year, the head of an autobusie union in Argentina came from the XVIII century and said interesting things like:
"es un trabajo muy, pero muy duro para una mujer" (it's a very, very hard work for a woman)
"El cuerpo de la mujer no está preparado para manejar un colectivo" (the body of the woman is Not_prepared to drive a bus)
(then he described how the driver is impacted by the rattle and all the hits the bus gets, and how women are the same as men for him, and earn the same salary, etc)
"El físico de la mujer es más débil que el del hombre, es un trabajo duro el del colectivo; me pueden decir que hay muchas mujeres manejando taxis y autos, pero no es lo mismo que un colectivo que tiene chasis y carrocería de camión" (the woman's physique is weaker than the man's, it's a hard work that of the bus: they can tell me that there are a lot of women driving taxis and cars, but it's not the same than a bus wich has the chassis and bodywork of a truck)
"Creo que el organismo de la mujer no está preparado para ciertas cosas, como por ejemplo para manejar un colectivo o un camión; eso no quiere decir que no lo hagan, pero no masivamente" (I believe that the woman's body is Not_prepared for certain things, like driving a bus or a truck; that doesn't mean they don't do it*, but not massively. *=I'm confused by his expression, maybe the meaning was "that doesn't mean they can't do it")
He also spoke of absenteeism and maternity.
I was going to post it here for 3WE to enjoy, but have a very short attention span and forgot it after bending over to pick up my jaw and then remembered it today.
Please share your opinion and its implications for aeroplanie driving.

3WE

Re: "The female body is Not_prepared to drive a bus"

Postby 3WE » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:02 am

...3WE...Please share your opinion and its implications for aeroplanie driving.
I think you are aware that I am very conflicted.

I believe one might say that Bobby and ITS possessed a certain machismo. Conversely, Mrs. ITS was flying aerioplaneis, but of course was also in worship and awe of ITS (as we all are and should be).

A small part of me wanted young MS 3WE to be an aeroplanie pilot. I spent hours upon hours forcing her to play MSFS against her will. When male friends visited, they ASKED to play MSFS and fly through the sky. Young MS 3WE preferred to crash the beautiful virtual-flyover-liveried aeroplanies into virtual buildings, virtually crash, burn and did died, laugh and do it again.

Some people (not 3WE who does not discriminate) say that women have better fine motor skills. My ass hat opinion was that fine motor skills would be good for flying a perfect ILS to minimums.

Then I see this which says nothing of female abilities, but does dispell the need for "fine motor skills".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ErZ1nakd0

I know I have bothered Ocelot who has told me that my sexist sarcasm is really not all that funny.

Nevertheless, my favorite insight comes from pretty girls flying aeroplanies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksjTw3FQ_KA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z_TZxECE9U

We see that:

1) Girlies can fly aeroplanies

2) Boyies will make comments different from boy pilots (seriously- look at a dude youtube...oh, you landed off center line...you should have used 20 degrees of flaps on base leg, not 10...)

3) And confession- watching a beautiful aeroplanie being landed is NOT the only thing I enjoy on these youtubes.

There is more I could say, but...

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:42 am

(...) women have better fine motor skills.
No fine motor skills required to relentlessly pull-up.

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:16 am

...but you shouldn't, yes.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:10 pm

...but you shouldn't, yes.
It depends if there is an opportunity to razz a fellow (or fellowette) forumite.

Shameful confession- I don’t know if you (Ms Ocelot) are a member of the pilot community. Professional or parlour, and somewhat aeroengineer, or just a we outsiders type?

3WE

Rudders and Recliners...

Postby 3WE » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:48 am

...and paramedics.

Some much overdue entertainment.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”