F.A.O.: 3WE

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:38 am

I think both manufacturers make big aluminum cylinders.
elaw took the words out of my fingers:
Aren't the cylinders sometimes made of cheap composites? :mrgreen:
#$%^#$^@!

As Flyboy diagnosed a while back, sometimes (often? always?), I have rectocranial inversions and talk inaccurately out of my ass.

Aw well, that which does not kill me, makes me stronger. And, your (plural) humour is appreciated.

Thanking all of you for your guidance.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Can you confirm or deny that getting under the skin of someone is a warm, fluffy feeling?

Thanks in advance.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Can you confirm or deny that getting under the skin of someone is a warm, fluffy feeling?

Thanks in advance.
I think it's significant that 3BS got Brian to (albeit mostly accidentally) admit that jetpedos is not an aviation site, but a photography one. That's an important admission, probably more important than either 3BS or Brian realize.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Thanks in advance.
I think it's significant that 3BS got Brian to (albeit mostly accidentally) admit that jetpedos is not an aviation site, but a photography one. That's an important admission, probably more important than either 3BS or Brian realize.
Indeed. We already knew it, but seeing a moderator admitting it is interesting.

(I was somewhat surprised that he didn't get the sarcasm. I feared it would be the first of the "three and you're out" for 3WE :mrgreen: ).

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:26 pm

I guess I need to check in over there???

and I assume the word "obscure" get's under someone's skin?

The warm fuzzy feeling is better when someone really does lack the humour or ability to deal with sarcasm.

Indeed I am a xenophobic American- he could give me all the crap he wants about that.

I don't really care about obscure foreign airlines or airports (except ones that have spectacular approaches an winds).

I'm sure I should be more worldly. Of course I have Per and Sickbag and Not_Karl to help me out in the Norway, UK and Argentina department.

Then again, reading Flying and watching Dummy Pilot taxi his MD-80 at Flyover International Airport is fine with me.

Now, does anyone ELSE like Monchie's airshow video?

If there'd be a little more traffic here, I wouldn't have to go there when I tire of work and need a fix of obscure aviation fora parlour talk.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:09 pm

Indeed. We already knew it, but seeing a moderator admitting it is interesting.

(I was somewhat surprised that he didn't get the sarcasm. I feared it would be the first of the "three and you're out" for 3WE :mrgreen: ).
Brain has always been on the slow side of things. It could be his self-described 350lb frame or it could be the crowd he's stuck dealing with over there.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:55 pm

and I assume the word "o******e" get's under someone's skin?
Please, stop dropping the O-bomb. It's offensive.
The warm fuzzy feeling is better when someone really does lack the humour or ability to deal with sarcasm.
And if it gets too fuzzy you can always Nair it.
I don't really care about *bleep* foreign airlines or airports (except ones that have spectacular approaches an winds).
Are you a xenophobic American?
I'm sure I should be more worldly. Of course I have Per and Sickbag and Not_Karl to help me out in the Norway, UK and Argentina department.
INDEED :ugeek: .
Then again, reading Flying and watching our other ISGPOTM taxi his MD-80 at Flyover International Airport is fine with me.
What is that "Flying" thing? Sounds like a magazine of little or no prominence, note, fame, or distinction or something... :|
Yes, and I was sure i had left a comment quoting you, but it seems i pressed the wrong key in my Commodore PET :o .
If there'd be a little more traffic here, I wouldn't have to go there when I tire of work and need a fix of warm, fuzzy photography fora expert discussion.
Indeed, and fixed.
it could be the crowd he's stuck dealing with over there.
I don't blame him... Especially since he has to deal with me :lol: .

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:49 am

Yes, and I was sure i had left a comment quoting you, but it seems i pressed the wrong key in my Commodore PET :o .
Commodore PET?!?!?!?!

Outstanding.

I recently got out my Commodore 64. It would not turn on.

I had hoped to play Sub-Logic Flight Simulator, Depart from Mieg's Field and circle the Sears' Tower and head out to ORD and land on Runway 36 and pretend I could wave at DSGPOTM and FRSGPOTM as I eased down on short final (making jerky roll movements like those dangerous 747 delivery pilots).

Tragic.

3WE

Re: New Avatar

Postby 3WE » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:31 am

Mispost
Last edited by 3WE on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:33 am

I guess it's kind of sad...the resolution of Avatars does not allow Brian to appreciate this.
Joke Flying.jpg
Joke Flying.jpg (90.16 KiB) Viewed 7278 times

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:12 pm

It seems that our bolding is not welcome any more in certain photography forums.
Commodore PET?!?!?!?!

Outstanding.
Sadly I don't have a PET, I was joking on the obsolescence of my PC :mrgreen: . Always loved its retro-futuristic (is that a word?) look.
I recently got out my Commodore 64. It would not turn on.

I had hoped to play Sub-Logic Flight Simulator, Depart from Mieg's Field and circle the Sears' Tower and head out to ORD and land on Runway 36 and pretend I could wave at DSGPOTM and FRSGPOTM as I eased down on short final (making jerky roll movements like those dangerous 747 delivery pilots).

Tragic.
Oh, no :cry: . Bad power supply, maybe?

You can still get an emulator, simulate that non event/Near Almost Total Air Disaster!!!!!! and share your findings here and/or there.
Mispost
Intriguing.
I guess it's kind of sad...the resolution of Avatars does not allow Brian to appreciate this.
Already posted on the previous page of this thread. Good thing that Brian isn't here, or he would start editing your posts :evil: .

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:44 am

Is there any regulation EXPLICITLY banning pilots from crashing? It is OBVIOUS that pilots would be less likely to transform their planes into smoldering craters if there were regulations PROHIBITING it.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:09 am

Is there any regulation EXPLICITLY banning pilots from crashing? It is OBVIOUS that pilots would be less likely to transform their planes into smoldering craters if there were regulations PROHIBITING it.
I seem to recall that there was a specific regulation regarding crashing.

There's an old phrase about Marginal VFR weather and low time pilots..."You are legal right up to impact".

Flyboy is the resident regulation encyclopedia...He could probably give you the citation...on the other hand, sometimes he just leaves a link to the entire document.

Of course, if there was some sort of guarded switch mechanism to prevent that dude from throttling back as he tried to climb over the trees...

Who knows.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:08 pm

14 CFR 91.119 at least prohibits from crashing into things, although I suppose doesn't explicitly prohibits from crashing into the ground itself.

Rabbi O'Genius

Postby Rabbi O'Genius » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:20 am

14 CFR 91.119 at least prohibits from crashing into things, although I suppose doesn't explicitly prohibits from crashing into the ground itself.
Indeed.
I understand that a landing is a merely an unsuccessful crash.
......never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. – John Donne

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:14 pm

I suppose doesn't explicitly prohibits from crashing into the ground itself.
I knew it :evil: .

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:53 pm

Edited for context:
Didn't even hear about [Dick Karl!] Usually when a celeb gets a tour and a free hour in the simulator they make a big deal about it.

BB
Celeb?

Gabriel, I thought you said he was obscure?
In case there are strikes rendered, or post deletions, or even bannings...I wanted to grab this.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:30 am

In case there are strikes rendered, or post deletions, or even bannings...I wanted to grab this.
Nice to see you're still using the unspeakable word over there. Did anything of interest happen there since December 10? I just read through all the "New posts" here (NOT going to do the same there) and it seems that I missed a couple of interesting bot-related TOTAL FORUM DISASTERS!!!! (Verbie's beloved Marinatink was the only one present when I last signed in).

Re: My absence:
I suffered a TOTAL CYCLING DISASTER!!!!!111 on december 10, when a truck, while overtaking me, decided it was a good idea to crush me against another, parked truck. Broken bicycle, broken left hip, 19 days in the hospital with no access to te www.internet.com (nor any type of e-gadget), prosthetic hip (hopefully NOT made of cheap composites). Still bed-ridden, but at my mom's house and an uncle lent me a notebook to surf these interwebs and spread my toomfoolery all over them :D.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:30 pm

Please, describe the following magazine using a maximum of one word:
Snapshot_20150107.JPG
Snapshot_20150107.JPG (123.9 KiB) Viewed 7014 times

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:45 pm

I am sorry but, your photos are not acceptable to JP.net. The composure is bad with lots of distracting stuff in the background and grainy as heck. Also, the lighting is bad. It also would appear to be questionable from the copyright aspect, something makes me think I may have seen these photos before when looking at world-renowned aviation magazines. I love the articles by Captain Cinco de Mayo on his adventures of flying a big jet. People seem to know him all over the world. ISGMDPOTM.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:07 pm

It looks like Evan, Gabe and you are having a lot of fun over there :mrgreen: .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The composure is bad with lots of distracting stuff in the background and grainy as heck. Also, the lighting is bad.
Thanks, maybe I can get some advice in a photography oriented forum.
It also would appear to be questionable from the copyright aspect, something makes me think I may have seen these photos before when looking at world-renowned aviation magazines.
Before? Impossible! It's a new issue! :mrgreen:
I love the articles by Capitán Nueve de Julio on his adventures of flying a Guaraní II. People seem to know him all over the world. ISGMDPOTM.
Medical Doctor? Maryland? :?
(Fixed :mrgreen: )

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:50 am

It looks like Evan, Gabe, ANOTHER PROFESSIONAL PILOT and you are having a lot of fun over there :mrgreen: .
Fixed.
I love the articles by Capitán Nueve de Julio on his adventures of flying a Guaraní II. People seem to know him all over the world. ISGMDPOTM.
Medical Doctor? Maryland? :?
(Fixed :mrgreen: )
It was very clear when I did it...Now, I'm not too sure...ISG May Day POTM....I think?

Of course, I guess you corrected it to ISGFJPOTM (First of July?) No habla Espanol.

By the way, apologies for not dutifully responding "Obscure" to your fairly obvious prompt for a single-word description.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:38 am

Of course, I guess you corrected it to ISGFJPOTM (First of July?) No habla Espanol.
Don't worry, I don't speak English :oops: (but that doesn't stop me from posting here :D and, ocasionally, there :? ). Nueve = Nine.
By the way, apologies for not dutifully responding "Obscure" to your fairly obvious prompt for a single-word description.
Thanks, I was a little disappointed by that omission :cry:

Not_Karl

F.A.O.: 3WE

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:44 pm

It is said that you are trolling a particular user on a certain forum :shock: .

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:18 am

It is said that you are trolling a particular user on a certain forum :shock: .
Indeed, I am.

Then again, there is a distinct possibility that I am being trolled as a particular user may be pretending to be unable to comprehend that basics, and procedures are not exclusive of each other.

Conversely, he is extremely consistent in his rather blind support of procedure and disdain when people mention basics.

The question is if I'm doing a good job of trolling a particular user, and making a few good points that he is unable to comprehend.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”