F.A.O.: 3WE

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:26 pm

I wish to thank elaw and Evan for their correct use of the "Ñ" in Mr. Piñeyro's surname. It shows their interest and respect for other cultures.
Or at least a minimal skill level at copying and pasting... ;)
That's also commendable :mrgreen: .
I would be happy to try to use those umlauts and apostrophes and whatever the hell else they are called.
The ~ over the ñ has a name*, but I don't (and never will) remember it. I simply call it "la rayita de la ñ" ("the little line of the ñ") like a little kid. According to Wikipedia you should call it "tilde". We pronounce the "ñ" the same as "ni", for example, "Pinieyro".
The ´ over some vowels is the acute accent, and we usually call it "acento" or, interestingly, "tilde". It signals the strong syllable, and its use depends on some obscure rules and procedures, including the last letter of the word and the position of said strong syllable. It is also used to differentiate between some identical monosyllables and few other words with different meaning or use (i.e.: "él" meaning "him", "el" meaning "the"), or to mark tone in "que" (interrogatory and exclamatory are written "qué", the rest, "que").
The ¨ rarely seen in specific circumstances over the U is the diaeresis. We cal it "diéresis". It is only used in the syllables güe and güi when the "u" has to be pronounced (in "gue" and "gui" the u is silent, but changes the sound of the "g". In that cases it is pronounced as a soft "g"; without the "u" they're pronounced with our strong "g", same sound as our "j", something like the "h" in "helicopter").
Fortunately those are all the letter-accessory-thingies we have. Per will probably have a laugh at such simplicity :mrgreen:.

*: I googled it, we should call it "virgulilla" :shock: .

Disclaimer: I'm Not_Linguistic expert, the information shown above is subject to gross errors and is intended only for parlour talk and linguistic asshattery.
No_soy_Carlos
Fixed. Or were you joking on the "to be" => "ser o estar" total idiomatic disaster?
Hey... FORTRAN's a language too! ;)
CONCUR :clap: .
I once found a checkbox that said, "Print actual size"
Search for a checkbox that says something like "fit to page", "resize -or expand- to fit page", etc. and uncheck it if it's checked.
I hope that Rudder Road (and your printer and PC) are not made of cheap composites :o .

Buenas tardes :D .
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:47 pm

...depends on some obscure rules and procedures...

...Disclaimer: I'm Not_Linguistic expert, the information shown above is subject to gross errors and is intended only for parlour talk and linguistic asshattery...
So does English...so does Latin (took it in high school...Ok language- helps you pick up the meaning of a lot of words, but no-o helpo por que habla espanol as is so regularly evident.) No soy? Carlos...No Est Carlos, Et tu Brute, (Brutus, Brutas Brute, Brutatus, Brutamus Brutampt) Tota Gallia in tres partes est, Semper ubi sub ubi.

Frankly, I dislike languages due to obscure rules and procedures.

I dunno, is aviation any better?...to go up, pull up, but don't pull up relentlessly because then you go down- and then Evan wants to list lots of type and situation specific procedures in addition to "dont' pull up relentlessly".

I hate Microsoft, so do not be offended for me trashing your worthless advice to "go find the check box" that only Bill Gates (and probably Evan) knows where the hell it's hidden.

Buenos noches.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:27 am

Languages -and airplanes- should be immediately banned.
I hate Microsoft, so do not be offended for me trashing your worthless advice to "go find the check box" that only Bill Gates (and probably Evan) knows where the hell it's hidden.
(Read the following sentence in an forced, foreign accent with a deeply offended tone): It should be noted that in addition to Acrobat Reader's resizing options, there might be additional options in your printer's properties tab:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (65.14 KiB) Viewed 5344 times
(Excuse the silly European language.)
I don't have Microsoft Word :(.

Buenas... ¿madrugadas?

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:58 pm

Nice screen grab. However, the solution to the problem is right here:
...I don't have Microsoft Word...
If you guys are routinely getting in with the roast, no wonder "take it easy" is such a loaded phrase. (Fear not, I can extrapolate...that skill goes along with aviation incident parlour talk).

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:15 am

Frankly, I dislike languages due to obscure rules and procedures.
I have a cowboy approach to language(s).

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:04 am

When I grow up, I want to be a half-cocked jack-donkey.

(I know, my avatar shows an octopus, not a squid. Close enough.)

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:34 pm

When I grow up, I want to be a half-cocked jack-donkey.

Indeed.

My favorite quote is this:
It's not a binary thing.
PS, love the new avatar, can I have the old one?

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:09 am

PS, love the new avatar, can I have the old one?
Sure!
Asshat.png
Asshat.png (24.81 KiB) Viewed 5303 times

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:11 am

Fixed (sort of).

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:45 pm

We need to do a better job of growing healthy, organic, non-GMO, fertilizer-free and pesticide-free food...of course what sometimes happens when we use beautiful, natural, hormone- and antibiotic-free BS to fertilize lettuce?...You should see the crap on the Professional Agronomist Rumor Network discussion fora!
Can you share your thoughts on:
Automated versus fully manual manure shovelling?
Procedure adherence versus cowboy mentality in turnip sowing?

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:29 pm

We need to do a better job of growing healthy, organic, non-GMO, fertilizer-free and pesticide-free food...of course what sometimes happens when we use beautiful, natural, hormone- and antibiotic-free BS to fertilize lettuce?...You should see the crap on the Professional Agronomist Rumor Network discussion fora!
Can you share your thoughts on:
Automated versus fully manual manure shovelling?
Procedure adherence versus cowboy mentality in turnip sowing?
Set your 3BS sarcasm filter to "low"...

Modern GPS-RTK guided auto-steer tractors are pretty amazing things as cowboy humans really cannot drive in a straight enough line. The guidance systems work pretty well, but sometimes the signal is lost and operators are forced to ask, "What's it doing now".

Procedure adherence is generally fair. Definitely not to the level of the airline industry.

Then again, to sit at your keyboard (literally fat, dumb and happy) and pass judgment on someone who likes nature more than most movie stars and works long hours with crazy expensive equipment to provide a cheap, reliable food supply and a food supply as safe as any country on earth...

...there's a lot of overly-zealous advice from outsiders who think they know better how us insiders do things.

...go easy on the complaints of how modern, high-tech ag is so unhealthy for us and how we need more organic.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:05 am

The guidance systems work pretty well, but sometimes the signal is lost and operators are forced to ask, "What's it doing now".
Is that the equivalent of losing an autopilot during a go-around or to revert to alternate law?
...there's a lot of overly-zealous advice from outsiders who think they know better how us insiders do things.
OF COURSE we do :twisted: .
our life can just be in stupid hands or criminal hands
Well, we can't argue with the "stupid" part... :? :mrgreen:

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:35 pm

...our life can just be in stupid hands or criminal hands...
Ass hat, parlour speculation, but fixed?

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:31 am

...our life can just be in stupid hands or criminal hands...
Ass hat, parlour speculation, but fixed?
My suspicion of him trolling us is increasing.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:41 pm

It has been said there that 3WE "uses his brain before posting (...)". I am waiting for ATLcrew's opinion.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:53 pm

It has been said there that 3WE "uses his brain before posting (...)". I am waiting for ATLcrew's opinion.
Which way do I take this?

My well-earned nickname 3BS comes from the occasional (frequent?) rectocranial inversion and my desire to muck up amature aviation fora (while leaving PPRUNE alone to be a place of professional purity).

I do not know what ATLcrew's opnion is. Conversely, I do know that Flyoldman2548m is the number one diagnostic individual for my lapse in brain engagement before posting

Hell, the other night, I thought I read that engines were falling off of 787s...had to read that headline twice to see that it's just engine shut downs, which are nothing to worry about and ETOPS (man, what an acronym) operations can go on as planned.

That being said, not_using one's brain before posting at Jetpictures actually improves one's ability to stir crap...I have some confidence that Evan and Brianie are always a bit off balance. Eric; however, is not fooled. I think there have even been occasions where an extraordinarily ass-hatted and not thought out comment will give Evan just enough rope to cinch up his nairther regions.

Peace, Love, Avioasshattery.
Last edited by 3WE on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:01 pm

Update:

So, I see it's LSD-744.

I do not know what that guy is saying. It feels like when I try to read Spanish and similar to your lies about how you struggle with English (but then come up with perfectly written, solidly humourous replies.)

Ironingly- I played devils advocate and defended him to Boing Bobbieee...for the classic language gap...but the more I read LSD-744's stuff, the more I think my intentional misspelling has a major portion of truth.

And, am I not mistaken that he's a member (and former Mod) here?

Of course, no one wants to tell us WHY you need 2 autopilots for a go around...I really think Bradley and Verbal did a shitty job designing that system.

Aw well, please take it easy, I'm off to poison the ecology and do not need your input on how I should do it.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:29 am

Hell, the other night, I thought I read that engines were falling off of 787s...
Just give them some time... Maybe 18 months.
That being said, not_using one's brain before posting at Jetpictures actually improves one's ability to stir crap...
Concur.
(...)similar to your lies about how you struggle with English (...)
I really do struggle. Every post takes me a goooood time to plan, write, search on them interwebs words/phrases I'm not sure about/forgot/don't know the English equivalent, etc. And then, hope that I didn't accidentally ask anybody to "take it easy" :shock: . It would be impossible for me to chat (modern, technological, written-over-the-web-communication meaning), much less to maintain a spoken conversation* (where pronunciation would also be a severe impediment).

*unless it is based on the location of a cat, book or pencil with respect to a table.
Ironingly- I played devils advocate and defended him to Boing Bobbieee...for the classic language gap...
I don't think the problem lies in the language barrier, but in what he is trying to express. I see in the messages on his profile (thanks to Google Translate) that he has been given some advice in German... two years ago (and in English, by Brianie, last march).
-I'm not_precisely El Experto en Lengua Inglesa, but his writing does not look like the work of someone lacking in English knowledge or using an online translator. Maybe you, as a native speaker, have a different opinion?-
I am glad that you intervened in his favor. It makes me feel bad that his posts there are either ignored (for obvious reasons) or, in this case typical-Trump-votered :( .
The last 10 visitor(s) to this page were:
3WE, AeroBlue, BoeingBobby, brianw999, EDDFspotter, Everseven57, Highkeas, Julian S., Not_Karl, Thom
And, am I not mistaken that he's a member (and former Mod) here?
I don't know. I don't remember seeing his writing style here (and it certainly does not match with that of the "current" sub-forum German mods), but I arrived here a little late... Maybe another forumite -or you- can enlighten us?
(A very quick glance at the flight simulation sub-forum -which is in the classic, light blue PHPBB skin :o - didn't reveal anything either).
Of course, no one wants to tell us WHY you need 2 autopilots for a go around...I really think Bradley and Verbal did a shitty job designing that system.
Concur. Is either that or a conspiracy,
Aw well, please take it easy
Wrong forum.

EDIT:
Is it me, or the "small" font size is much smaller now? :shock: I put some text in and it was almost non-existent :lol: .

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sun May 15, 2016 9:18 am

...and then, ATLcrewboy2548m replied to LH-B744 in a much more sensible and civilized way than the ISGCargoPOTM and the ISGForumModeratorAndRetiredParamedicOTM... :shock:

Also: I'm anxiously waiting for the opportunity to use my new favourite English phrase, "I hate to pee in your cornflakes".

3WE

Postby 3WE » Sun May 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Also: I'm anxiously waiting for the opportunity to use my new favourite English phrase, "I hate to pee in your cornflakes".
You may be off topic. Please see Monchie's culinary thread.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Sun May 15, 2016 4:29 pm

You may be off topic. Please see Monchie's culinary thread.
Actually, urine soaked cornflakes could be too good for that thread :?

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:44 pm

I, like Gabe (but unlike Not_Dad), am not_a Seinfeld fan, but a Google search of your signature seems to indicate that it is inspired by him. Is this correct?

3WE

Postby 3WE » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:56 pm

I, like Gabe (but unlike Not_Dad), am not_a Seinfeld fan, but a Google search of your signature seems to indicate that it is inspired by him. Is this correct?
In a conversation with Gabe, flyboy brought up Arthur Vandelay.

To be honest, I was not overly familiar with Art, but probably saw an episode or two where he had a guest appearance on Seinfeld, a US sitcom with a fair amount of subtle sarcastic humour that you might enjoy.

...sooooo....

it happens that Mr. Vandelay has a new fertilizer additive and that I almost have a job offer with him to fly around in his Cessna 182 to sell his fertilizer additive to various agricultural dealerships throughout the greater Flyover region...

The plan is that I begin flying with Mr. Vandelay as a relief pilot and technical agronomist. We have hopes for the business to grow and possibly purchasing another 182, or perhaps a cheap composite crackerbox Cirrus. :shock: . Arthur will probably take the Cirrus for his calls, leaving me with the 1975 182. It's much less sexy, but I like the sturdy aluminium construction and the fact that it will recover from a spin should I pull up sort of relentlessly, but not totally relentlessly.

...and I don't actually have a commercial ticket yet.; however, according to some obscure FAR, I can pilot an aircraft for work as long as the piloting is only incidental to work.

Not_Karl

Postby Not_Karl » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:41 pm

In a conversation with Gabe, flyboy brought up Arthur Vandelay.
I remembered the conversation -hence my inclusion of Gabe in a "we" of Seinfeld Non_Followers-, but didn't remember that the character involved was Mr. Vandelay. Thanks.
it happens that Mr. Vandelay has a new fertilizer additive and that I almost have a job offer with him to fly around in his Cessna 182 to poison the greater Flyover region with it...
Cool! (and fixed)
I hope your new endeavour go as planed :D :clap: .

Try to stay at a safety distance of any ballistic-parachuted-cheap-composite-crackerbox, don't blow minimums, follow rules and procedures and make good use of any available automation.

Rabbi O'Genius

Postby Rabbi O'Genius » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:39 am

Am I the only one to be bothered by the observation that Vandelay fits neatly between Cargo and Truckstop?
But then again, who are those gentlemen in white coats?
......never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. – John Donne

Return to “Off Topic Forum”