Page 17 of 17

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:14 am
by Not_Karl
Evanie to TeeVeeie, there wrote:Are you sure you studied law?

I DID KNEWED IT!!!
Next: 3BS is not the Earth poisoner he says to be (and perhaps is an organic crop advocate ecoterrorist hippie).

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:49 am
by Not_Karl
elawie, there wrote:1. This is a photography forum...

Fixed.

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:47 am
by Not_Karl
ATLcrewboy2548m, there wrote:Had I been trapped by myself in an airport at age 15, I woulda thought it was the awesomest thing ever, bar none!

ATLcrewboy2548m, there wrote:Oh, I wouldn't even be thinking about food! The idea of having a whole airport to hang out in would have completely obliterated any consideration of nourishment.

As long as there are windows to watch the aeroplanie things, CONCUR!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:09 am
by 3WE
Not_Karl wrote:
ATLcrewboy2548m, there wrote:Had I been trapped by myself in an airport at age 15, I woulda thought it was the awesomest thing ever, bar none!

ATLcrewboy2548m, there wrote:Oh, I wouldn't even be thinking about food! The idea of having a whole airport to hang out in would have completely obliterated any consideration of nourishment.

As long as there are windows to watch the aeroplanie things, CONCUR!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:


I am not sure letting adolescent ATLCrewboy loose, overnight in an airport is a good idea. What if he encountered a similarly stranded ATLHostiegirl?

Definitely need government intervention for such unconsciouble incidents.

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:54 am
by Not_Karl
3WE wrote:I am not sure letting adolescent ATLCrewboy loose, overnight in an airport is a good idea. What if he encountered alcohol and the airport was near some woods?

Fixed.

F.A.O.: 3WE and Gabe

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:33 am
by Not_Karl
3WE, there wrote:If you drive a racing car too fast(even on a banked turn) it SKIDS outward...

If you are on an icy incline you SLIP downward.

Si manejás un auto de carreras muy rápido (incluso en una curva inclinada), DERRAPA hacia afuera...
Si estás en una pendiente cubierta de hielo, te DESLIZÁS hacia abajo.

BUT... I don't know/think "derrapar" is proper aviation terminology (it makes me think of a vehicle travelling on a surface, but don't know if it applies exclusively to that), and I think it may be interchangeable with "deslizar" or "patinar". As I said before, I'm a linguistic (and aeronautic) asshat, so I will leave further discussion to you two :mrgreen: .
Screw languages! :x

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:55 pm
by 3WE
Not_Karl wrote:
Evanie to TeeVeeie, there wrote:Are you sure you studied law?

I DID KNEWED IT!!!
Next: 3BS is not the Earth poisoner he says to be (and perhaps is an organic crop advocate ecoterrorist hippie).


As with many things, I can go both ways...

Airline customer service and strong adherence to procedure doesn't completely suck and big Ag is not without some flaws...fortunately discussion fora exist to actually not_solve all of this and achieve global consciousness, understanding and unity.

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE and Gabe

Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:29 am
by 3WE
Not_Karl wrote:Screw languages! :x


Concuredo.

...and, the terms are also gray and fuzzy and somewhat interchangeable in Englais.

Re: F.A.O.: Not_Karl and Gabe

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:05 pm
by 3WE
3BS, the xenophobe, wrote:Reconozco que el Español y varias otras culturas son muy cálido y hospitalario. No son sólo los blancos del sur.


Again, I go both ways...Xenophobic AND Multicultural...the truth lies somewhere in the elusive gray middle ground.

Re: F.A.O.: Not_Karl and Gabe

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:14 pm
by Not_Karl
3WE wrote:the elusive gray middle ground.

Elusive indeed, that's actually blue... :?
3WE wrote:As with many things, I can go both ways..

Like good American steel or cheap French composites? :)

Did you tell the gate agents to take it easy?

Re: F.A.O.: Not_Karl and Gabe

Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:29 am
by 3WE
Not_Karl wrote:Did you tell the gate agents to take it easy?


No.

I do not speak French.

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:17 pm
by Not_Karl
Are we anxiously waiting for Brianie's answer to ATLcrewie?

Re: F.A.O.: 3WE

Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:15 am
by 3WE
Not_Karl wrote:Are we anxiously waiting for Brianie's answer to ATLcrewie?


He's much too busy explaining why night starts/stops 3 hours before/after sunset/sunrise- and how we really shouldn't have to ask such silly questions...

The regulation of _____________.

Posted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:48 pm
by 3WE
There is a part of me that, like Evan, would like to regulate right, wrong, morality, ethics, common sense, decency...

And there is part of me that understands that 'the government' is probably the worst entity to enact such regulations.

In the meantime reading about all the things "we" need to do to fix everything wrong with aviation (or Fourbucks customer relations) is rather entertaining.

Re: The regulation of _____________.

Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:04 pm
by elaw
3WE wrote:And there is part of me that understands that 'the government' is probably the worst entity to enact such regulations.

I can think of two that are worse: corporate CEOs/boards, and corporate shareholders. Basically anyone with a profit motive.

Having said that, I do think regulation of airlines' reservation systems is a little silly. Or maybe even a lot silly.

Re: The regulation of _____________.

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:45 pm
by Not_Karl
Not_Karl wrote:Are we anxiously waiting for Brianie's answer to ATLcrewie?

NOT popcorn worthy :cry: .

elaw wrote:
3WE wrote:And there is part of me that understands that 'the government' is probably the worst entity to enact such regulations.

I can think of two that are worse: corporate CEOs/boards, and corporate shareholders. Basically anyone with a profit motive.

Doesn't that also include governments? :mrgreen:

Re: The regulation of _____________.

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:07 pm
by 3WE
Not_Karl wrote:
Not_Karl wrote:Are we anxiously waiting for Brianie's answer to ATLcrewie?

NOT popcorn worthy :cry: .


Strange place, there.

Office 365

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:28 pm
by Not_Karl
Maybe you should introduce Vandelay Industries, Inc. to the delights of OpenOffice...

Re: Office 365

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:26 pm
by 3WE
Not_Karl wrote:Maybe you should introduce Vandelay Industries, Inc. to the delights of OpenOffice...


Regulatory agencies NEED to get involved with MS...

Morality is missing and the software design is pathological.

And don't act like I have a choice...you know the business world almost exclusively uses MS Office!

I'm going to PM Tee Vee (or ATL Crewboy since he's citing legal cases by number).

Re: Office 365

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:16 am
by ocelot
3WE wrote:Regulatory agencies NEED to get involved with MS...

They did. Then Bush (the Younger) got elected and called it off. So it didn't accomplish much of anything.

Re: Office 365

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:27 pm
by 3WE
ocelot wrote:
3WE wrote:Regulatory agencies NEED to get involved with MS...

They did. Then Bush (the Younger) got elected and called it off. So it didn't accomplish much of anything.


Just so you know the context- this was a largely sarcastic post referring to a different discussion forum where a member believes there should be significant government oversight and regulation regarding airline reservation systems.

While we all wish companies would have 1950 Norman Rockwell ethics, it's probably best (and doesn't necessarily work all that great anyway) that government does not regulate 'everything' in the commercial world.

Switching from sarcasm to seriousness- it is a bit amazing to think how much productivity goes into THE USER managing MS products...updates, bug fixes...and how they have a significant (no not total) monopoly over the industry...there's probably a slightly more valid argument to 'regulate' Office vs. 'regulating' reservation systems.