FAO A380-QOTS I have upset the connecting luggage gods

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

reubee

FAO A380-QOTS I have upset the connecting luggage gods

Postby reubee » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:34 am

One of the perils of being a QF frequent flyer but living in NZ is that I often have to transit through Australia. In each of my last 3 transits, one of my bags has had an extended stay in Australia before being reunited with me 1 or 2 days later.

4 months ago
MLB-CLT-DFW-SYD-AKL, after making a 45 minute connection in CLT and then a 3 hour connection in DFW, my bag failed to make the 2h connection in SYD and arrives the next morning.

4 weeks ago
AKL-MEL-DXB, same plane service, my bag for some reason is unloaded in MEL, and takes 48h to catch up with me in DXB. My families 4 bags all arrive on time. Until my bag belatedly arrived, Ms Reubee and the 3 junior Reubees thought they were going to get a paid for opportunity to revamp my wardrobe.

Yesterday
LAX-SYD-AKL, 3 hour connection in SYD, my bag makes the connection, my daughters bag doesn't and arrives the next morning.

I am now an expert in delayed baggage procedures. I don't know what I have done to upset the connecting luggage gods in Australia.

3WE

Re: FAO A380-QOTS I have upset the connecting luggage gods

Postby 3WE » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:08 pm

I know how it feels.

Keep important stuff like medications with you.

Maybe even minimal clothing in your carry on... ;)
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

monchavo
Site Admin

Re: FAO A380-QOTS I have upset the connecting luggage gods

Postby monchavo » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:47 am

My new wife and I avoided this possibility on our honeymoon by interleaving her items with mine across two bags to reduce the impact of such a scenario. Most notable incident of this for me was being bumped from an AA plane overnight in 1996 but instead of unloading just me and my bag they opted to unload my father, mother and sister's bags. suboptimal. They were not best pleased.
____
Join the airdisaster Discord - https://discord.gg/A59Vdw73ET

Return to “Off Topic Forum”