FAO all the friends

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Peminu

FAO all the friends

Postby Peminu » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:18 am

It is nice to see most of the friends, teachers and experts here. Won't mention anybody by name, because I would have to copy almost all the member list.

Took me time to locate this place, but finally made it. :clap:

I also want to thank the creators, administrators and moderators of the site for their job and the rescue of a nice community (with all kind of weirdos, but that is what makes it nice).

Hope I can get used to the Forum mechanics soon.

HI ALL FROM PEMINU!!
Just another cast away from AD.com that reached AD.info island.

Ancient Mariner

Re: FAO all the friends

Postby Ancient Mariner » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:57 am

Hi Peminu,
I'm afraid I want be able to "moderate" you this time around. :mrgreen:
Welcome!

AndyToop

Postby AndyToop » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:27 pm

Like your avatar - glad you found us, and welcome back to the asylum!

Half Bottle

Postby Half Bottle » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:27 pm

Like your avatar
Indeed. Sadly, not enough lifeboats to go around, it seems. But it looks like we found Peminu floating on a chunk of ice and dragged him aboard.

Welcome back. Have a blanket and some rum.
~~~ In Oxford Town, you smell like dead lab rats. ~~~

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:38 pm

Indeed. Sadly, not enough lifeboats to go around, it seems. But it looks like we found Peminu floating on a chunk of ice and dragged him aboard.

The rations are getting low.Can we eat him?
2022: The year of the Squid Singularity

tds
Location: ...a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm

Postby tds » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:49 pm

The rations are getting low.Can we eat him?
It's only fair to eat the old and infirm first.

el

Postby el » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:27 pm

I fear there isn't much rum left since our Ancient Mariner came on board.

Half Bottle

Postby Half Bottle » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:28 pm

I fear there isn't much rum left since our Ancient Mariner came on board.
That's ok -- it sounds like tds has a plan for him.
~~~ In Oxford Town, you smell like dead lab rats. ~~~

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:33 pm

READ...ASK QUESTIONS...OFFER OPINIONS...PLAY DEVILS ADVOCATE....PLEASE.

We lost a few 13 YO's who are much happier at JP.net (even though some of us cheat over there at times).

There is a new tone of niceness here, but the traffic is slow and only getting SLOWER...your Avatar could have ADI on its side soon.

Oh yea, welcome back.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Peminu

Postby Peminu » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:48 pm

READ...ASK QUESTIONS...OFFER OPINIONS...PLAY DEVILS ADVOCATE....PLEASE.

We lost a few 13 YO's who are much happier at JP.net (even though some of us cheat over there at times).

There is a new tone of niceness here, but the traffic is slow and only getting SLOWER...your Avatar could have ADI on its side soon.

Oh yea, welcome back.

Well...actually it was my idea to put an island in the avatar with the sign "AD.info" on it, but because I arrived late, the island was more populated than Hong Kong, and the sign was covered, as well as the only palm tree. I just couldn't make a nice avatar with so little pixels allowed. :mrgreen:

Thank you all for your welcome. And don't worry, if Steve Mc Queen was able to produce vodka in a high security prison camp, I am sure that we can produce some rum here. You only needed to rescue a chemical engineer and he has arrived, so, let's start building the distillery!

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:49 pm

That's ok -- it sounds like tds has a plan for him.
I prefer my meat a little leaner...
2022: The year of the Squid Singularity

Peter_K

Postby Peter_K » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:42 pm

Good to see you back Peminu. When floating around you didn't happen to see any other of the missing crew? We are still short of a few good souls.

Peter_K

Postby Peter_K » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:47 pm

(...)We lost a few 13 YO's who are much happier at JP.net (even though some of us cheat over there at times).

(...)
Kids are so much joy these days :twisted:

Peminu

Postby Peminu » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:51 am

Good to see you back Peminu. When floating around you didn't happen to see any other of the missing crew? We are still short of a few good souls.
Hi Pete.

It took me some time until I reached the Wikipedia and learned about this site. Good idea of the one that put the site on the Wik.

The problem (and guess a lot of people can be in the same situation) is this:

-AD.com disappeared. They redirected you to Jetphotos.com

-Of course, I made my try to enter that site.

-I didn't have an answer from them and could never become a member (guess they thought that Per gave me a spanky for bad behaivor and didn't want me on their "elite" team)

-Because I wasn't a member, I could not PM any of the known members to recomend me there, so I couldn't contact Halfie, Gabriel, Don, Per, etc., etc (all the member list of this site).

-Because my connection with them (old friends) was by PM and not e-mail, I didn't have that data (it disappeared with AD.com).

-I searched googled for their nicknames and found some, but never could get an e-mail.

-I could read a lot of postings of friends resigning from Jetphotos.com, and every time less participation from ex-AD.com friends there (I got to the conclusion that they don't like us).

So, my advice to the creators, moderators and users of this place is to put a BIG thread on Jetphotos.net about the existance of this site (specially those ones who are not interested on that place any more, but still are members). If somebody is lost as I was, he (she) will find the place.

Resuming: I am sure a lot of people is in the situation I was. If you have their data, contact them and let them know the existance of this place.

:)

GerryW
Mr. Salami

Postby GerryW » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:08 pm

Hi Peminu!

Glad you made it to this site.

It was really a good idea to change Wiki to link to this site.

Strange that they didn't gave you access to JP.net. Perhaps you should have tried several times. I think they went to manual approving registrations. Most of the users here were (or are still) at JP.net and got PM'd to check out this site here. I wouldn't recommend to post it openly over there.

Are there any members you would like to meet here too but you weren't able to contact them, so please post their usernames, perhaps somebody knows how to contact them.

For the rest, have fun and enjoy your stay here.

GerryW
Mr. Salami

Postby GerryW » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:10 pm

.... a chemical engineer has arrived, so, let's start building the distillery!
That's a pretty good idea. Could we produce our own Single Malt too?

Peter_K

Postby Peter_K » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:20 pm

So, my advice to the creators, moderators and users of this place is to put a BIG thread on Jetphotos.net about the existance of this site (specially those ones who are not interested on that place any more, but still are members). If somebody is lost as I was, he (she) will find the place.
Hi Pemium,

I'm afraid that this will not work. If I'm not mistaken, Pipe once put a link there to a site, which we used for a while before this place was created. It disappeared very quickly.
CK sometimes seems like.... how to say it... in Polish we call such a person a "gardener's dog". Someone who is guarding things that he himself has no use for, but still won't let anybody else touch it. As the message said on the old site, we could join the JP.net, or disappear into the cyberspace. God forbids that a new site is created as a gathering place for all the old timers.

Postby 666 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:23 pm

PLAY DEVILS ADVOCATE....PLEASE.

That's the spirit!

:twisted:

Peminu

Postby Peminu » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:34 am

.... a chemical engineer has arrived, so, let's start building the distillery!
That's a pretty good idea. Could we produce our own Single Malt too?
Thanks Gerry for your welcome.

After a good fishing weekend (of course, near AD.info island), i was able to provide with Mahi-mahi to all the people around, and they were many.

Back to the single malt business...I think we can start supplying a good 8 year old very soon (next Tuesday). A 12 year old, probably will be ready next Friday...Sorry for the delay, but it's not that simple to make good Scotch Whiskey.

el

Postby el » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:22 am

Another one made it on board.
p3b_foto.jpg
p3b_foto.jpg (20.65 KiB) Viewed 9505 times

GerryW
Mr. Salami

Postby GerryW » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:56 pm

P3 I still remember from my beginnings at AD.com, but I can't remember to have read posts lately at AD.com.
Was he one of the 'old Hard Core Posters' at AD.com?

Peminu

Postby Peminu » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:53 pm

Hi Peminu!

Glad you made it to this site.

It was really a good idea to change Wiki to link to this site.

Strange that they didn't gave you access to JP.net. Perhaps you should have tried several times. I think they went to manual approving registrations. Most of the users here were (or are still) at JP.net and got PM'd to check out this site here. I wouldn't recommend to post it openly over there.

Are there any members you would like to meet here too but you weren't able to contact them, so please post their usernames, perhaps somebody knows how to contact them.
For the rest, have fun and enjoy your stay here.
Well, I don't know how much they are wanted here, but I kind of miss Sammy's (aka The Long White Sausage") and Dr. Sigmund Von Verbal interventions (and fights). Are they here under other nick, or are they lost as I was? (or are they in the don't-want-them-here-list, which I doubt?).

I kind of liked Sammy's troubles with girls (being solved by Dr. Von Verbal) and loved his NASA photos.

Rabbi O'Genius

Postby Rabbi O'Genius » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:59 pm

Well, I don't know how much they are wanted here, but I kind of miss Sammy's (aka The Long White Sausage") and Dr. Sigmund Von Verbal interventions (and fights). Are they here under other nick, or are they lost as I was? (or are they in the don't-want-them-here-list, which I doubt?).

I kind of liked Sammy's troubles with girls (being solved by Dr. Von Verbal) and loved his NASA photos.
Both are here, Though Sammy's reverted to being called "The Notorious STG" - check the member's list - and welcome back.
......never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. – John Donne

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:42 am

Like your avatar

Just brought fresh rum back from Cuba....we're good for a while now!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ~ WOW, what a ride~!!!

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:04 am

Like your avatar

Just brought fresh rum back from Cuba....we're good for a while now!
Fresh rum? :o
Here I am trying to educate you on the finer points of enjoying spirits and you bring in FRESH RUM? You may post again when you bring in rum aged minimum 5 years, but preferably 10 years or more.
Per

Return to “Off Topic Forum”