Second-Rate Regional Pilots

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

Second-Rate Regional Pilots

Postby 3WE » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:48 pm

While maneuvering on a left base to land on runway 27R at the local Casey's in Jonesboro AR in the Vandelay Fertilizer Silverado- I had visual contact with an Air Choice One crew car on a right base to 27L.

The holier than thou-puppy mill pilots seemed insistent on staying to the left of course, while I tried to follow the proper rules of staying right of course. Fortunately we both made some evasive moves (due to good CRM and SA this did not require a violent RA.

Still, I was a bit perturbed at them and their inability to make good, square base-to-final turn instead of a "Tennessee" turn.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: Second-Rate Regional Pilots

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:23 am

Did you died?
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

3WE

Re: Second-Rate Regional Pilots

Postby 3WE » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:44 pm

No, I survived and posted about the experience on an aviation safety forum (but in off topic, since it was actually folks in ground-based vehicles maneuvering for parking places with some minor course conflicts, that were resolved using both FAR's and common, fundamental, basic rules.)

Trivia note: Air Choice One currently offers flights from Jonesboro to Flyover in Cessna 206's (or maybe it's 208's or even 802's)...part of me would not mind trying to become one of said pilots (they happened to be old and chunky like Brian and I). Maybe THEN I could get some sim time. The livery on their crew vehicle was very snazzy, but I did not capture a photo to post at CompactSUVPhotos.net.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”