Not_Karl, are you Not_Sad?

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

Not_Karl, are you Not_Sad?

Postby 3WE » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:21 pm

Ok, we[not sure about italics] have not BANNED ALL AEROPLANIES, but [I?]we[/I?] have PARKED a whole lot of aeroplanies.

Are you not_happy? Probably not_totally?
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

J

Re: Not_Karl, are you Not_Sad?

Postby J » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:20 pm

I am sad.

Emotional Delta Pilot Flies A321 into Hibernation

Today was a day I will remember for the rest of my life. A trip opened up to bring a Delta A321 to Victorville, CA for storage. I had no idea what I would see or the emotions I would feel. Chilling, apocalyptic, surreal..all words that still don’t fit what is happening in the world. Each one of these aircraft represents hundreds of jobs, if not more.

For those airline folks who were around for 9/11, this feels even more real, more urgent. During 9/11 aircraft were stuck at airports around the country and the enemy was known. Now, they are all concentrated in huge lots and mothballed waiting for this battle to turn around against an enemy we can’t see or fight.

While we all are under 14 day quarantine and are sick of looking at our ceilings and walls, this is what is happening to the airline industry and other industries out there. It is horrifying. Please stay inside, social distance, and let this blow over quickly.

https://simpleflying.com/delta-a321-hibernation/

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: Not_Karl, are you Not_Sad?

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:51 pm

Ok, we[not sure about italics] have not BANNED ALL AEROPLANIES, but [I?]we[/I?] have PARKED a whole lot of aeroplanies.

Are you not_happy? Probably not_totally?
I can't be happy knowing that this good (but Not_great, as there are aeroplanies still flying) moment (for aeroplanie safety, Not_for humanity) is going to end sooner or later.... unless we go extinct, of course.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”