Us

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

monchavo
Site Admin

Us

Postby monchavo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:35 am

i want to say how touched I am - I went back and read the condolence book that was put up when Don Moore died.
The heady days of AD created quite an extraordinary community. When I picked this place up 8 years ago it was - let's be honest - already on its last legs. The astonishing amount of vibrance that was generated between about 2005 and 2008 - people ready to engage and enjoy - was so invigorating. I was incredibly humbled when I went back and read what we had said about Don.

This site has not flourished since then. I don't think it's unfair to say the hundred or so users that have revisited us regularly in the last ten years have been able to compensate for the extraordinary to-and-fro we saw back then. We've lost members - perhaps through natural attrition but also through apathy.

I've kept this place alive. I am not sure exactly why - It consumes far more time than it ever did - through backups, upgrades, ensuring we are not hammered by spamming cúnts - it's been a nightmare, frankly. But still, I do it. Because I can't let go of the community which taught me so much and which I enjoyed being a member of so strongly.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed in the last ten and more years; thanks guys. Your words have never been wasted.

Cheers.

monchavo
____
Join the airdisaster Discord - https://discord.gg/A59Vdw73ET

KPryor

Re: Us

Postby KPryor » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:18 am

Although I'm not here as much as I'd like to be, I still find this forum a great place to hang out, discuss and learn. Thanks for keeping it alive!
I went to prison for murder, but I stayed for the chili!

elaw

Postby elaw » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:42 pm

+1, or +100 if it's allowed. :D

While there may be more activity there, I find that here has a much better sense of humor, which I enjoy greatly. Note no blue text!
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Monchie, some day, I will send some $. The discussions here are good. Yes, there is humor. I know I am a spam machine. Thank you for this. PS. Mother 3BS passed away last Saturday, you should use my partial silence to establish better post trends.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

monchavo
Site Admin

Postby monchavo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:08 pm

Monchie, some day, I will send some $. The discussions here are good. Yes, there is humor. I know I am a spam machine. Thank you for this. PS. Mother 3BS passed away last Saturday, you should use my partial silence to establish better post trends.
You carry on being you. It's an important part of this place. My condolences - I hope you have the chance to grieve her passing in a dignified manner in these unfortunate times.
____
Join the airdisaster Discord - https://discord.gg/A59Vdw73ET

elaw

Postby elaw » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:31 pm

My condolences too! Losing a loved one is never easy, and the current circumstances of course just make it worse. :(
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:00 pm

"I'm putting an end to this f*ckery." - Rayna Boyanov

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:24 am

Having this place to be a (sorta) safe place to ask dumb questions and post dumb ideas has been very helpful. Thanks.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:38 am

Thanks, Monchie! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mother 3BS passed away last Saturday, you should use my partial silence to establish better post trends.
My condolences :cry:
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

supersean

Postby supersean » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:21 am

i want to say how touched I am - I went back and read the condolence book that was put up when Don Moore died.
The heady days of AD created quite an extraordinary community. When I picked this place up 8 years ago it was - let's be honest - already on its last legs. The astonishing amount of vibrance that was generated between about 2005 and 2008 - people ready to engage and enjoy - was so invigorating. I was incredibly humbled when I went back and read what we had said about Don.

This site has not flourished since then. I don't think it's unfair to say the hundred or so users that have revisited us regularly in the last ten years have been able to compensate for the extraordinary to-and-fro we saw back then. We've lost members - perhaps through natural attrition but also through apathy.

I've kept this place alive. I am not sure exactly why - It consumes far more time than it ever did - through backups, upgrades, ensuring we are not hammered by spamming cúnts - it's been a nightmare, frankly. But still, I do it. Because I can't let go of the community which taught me so much and which I enjoyed being a member of so strongly.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed in the last ten and more years; thanks guys. Your words have never been wasted.

Cheers.

monchavo
I was on a plane as I return to the routine of yesteryears and thought about all of the good times we shared... even though so much time has passed all we have to do is remember some of our threads, conflicts, agony of defeat in Fantasy Football to one who thought a touchdown was a bedroom kink she hadn't tried yet. Miss the AD family a lot
proudly serving WTF comments since 2003

Return to “Off Topic Forum”