Now Here is an Idea Whose Time Has Come

Off topic posts are welcome in this forum!

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

J

Now Here is an Idea Whose Time Has Come

Postby J » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:02 pm

A 25-year-old woman took to Reddit to seek relationship advice after her boyfriend became obsessed with a “ludicrous” business idea.

In a post written , user throw a soup tube explained how her boyfriend won’t stop asking her to invest in his “soup tube” business idea.

‘I couldn’t believe what I was hearing’

“The idea, if you can call it that, is to construct a series of tubes throughout the city that leads to centralized soup kitchens,” she explained. “For a monthly subscription, a customer can ‘subscribe to a tube of soup,’ and a tube extension would be built off the nearest mainline tube and directly into the customer apartment or home.”

“Obviously, the idea is completely insane,” she said. “The notion that the city would authorize somebody to construct a series of tubes everywhere that carry soup into homes is of course ludicrous. And even if such an initiative were approved, the costs for such an operation would be ludicrous.”

‘It is starting to drive me up the wall’

Though throw a soup tube has made it clear that she thinks her boyfriend’s business idea is nuts, she said that he continues to ask her for money.

“It is starting to drive me up the wall,” she said. “First, I am at a loss as to how he can believe such a stupid idea is worthwhile. Second, it is really … annoying to be asked on a daily basis to invest in a system of soup tubes. Third, I am also concerned for his sanity.”

“I would like some advice as to how I can reason with him, or whether I should even continue this relationship,” she added.

‘You are not in a romantic relationship; you are in an extended infomercial’

On Twitter, where throw a soup tube’s question was cross-posted, people were dumbfounded by the unrealistic idea of “soup tubes.”

“Has the boyfriend thought about the fact that he will only be able to sell one type of soup, otherwise all the flavors will mix together in the soup main,” one person asked.

Many people also pointed out that throw a soup tube’s boyfriend was acting like a child.

“This is a brilliant idea, for a five-year-old,” one person commented.

“I’m 100% certain that she’s dating Homer Simpson,”

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: Now Here is an Idea Whose Time Has Come

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:34 pm

Count me in when he makes a pizza version of this.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

J

Postby J » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:23 am

I recall problems after 911 when all the aircraft were grounded. Diesel fuel shortages were cropping up because jet fuel (using the same pipelines) had nowhere to go as the storage tanks at airports were full.

In the case of soup pipelines that means you could transport tomato soup through one of these pipes and then switch to French Onion or, perhaps, clam chowder.

I wonder if people would object to remnants of tomatoes in their French Onion soup?

monchavo
Site Admin

Postby monchavo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:48 am

I recall problems after 911 when all the aircraft were grounded. Diesel fuel shortages were cropping up because jet fuel (using the same pipelines) had nowhere to go as the storage tanks at airports were full.

In the case of soup pipelines that means you could transport tomato soup through one of these pipes and then switch to French Onion or, perhaps, clam chowder.

I wonder if people would object to remnants of tomatoes in their French Onion soup?
I suggest expanding this approach to cover all forms of purchasable liquids, foams, pastes etc.

Indeed, alcohol would be an excellent liquid to be transported in such a way.
____
Join the airdisaster Discord - https://discord.gg/A59Vdw73ET

KPryor

Postby KPryor » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:04 pm

The Soup Tubes would be a great name for a rock band.
I went to prison for murder, but I stayed for the chili!

Return to “Off Topic Forum”