It's a sick world

Politics is continually a popular topic of conversation at AD.info, and to allow our members to discuss it, we've created this forum.

Moderators: FrankM, el

Dummy Pilot

It's a sick world

Postby Dummy Pilot » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:54 pm

A woman suspected of recruiting dozens of female suicide bombers in Iraq has told how she arranged the rape of victims and then convinced them martyrdom was the only way to escape the shame.

The Iraqi military announced the arrest of the woman yesterday, and played reporters video footage of her confessing to her role as a recruiter.

She explains in the footage how she recruited women, took them to an orchard for training, and finally picked them up and led them to their targets.

Later, during an interview from jail, conducted with interrogators standing nearby, the woman told how she helped plan the rapes of young women. She said she would then step in to persuade the victims to become suicide bombers as their only escape from the shame.

The woman has been identified as Samira Ahmed Jassim, who is nicknamed ''Umm al-Mumineen'', which means the mother of believers. In her video confession, the woman says she was acting on behalf of insurgents based in the volatile Diyala province, north of Baghdad.

This is a story being reported by numerous media outlets. I know that war brings out the worst in everyone and all sides have acts and incidents to be ashamed of (e.g. Abu Ghraib). Atrocities abound and I admittedly get inured to them.....but this just seems to be a new low. I just can't get over the fact that this lady arranges the rape of these young women and then swoops in after the to convince them they can cleanse themselves through Martyrdom resulting in the killing of nundreds or thousands of other innocents. They claim proof that she arranged at least 28 of these and perhpas as many as 80.

Putt4Par

Re: It's a sick world

Postby Putt4Par » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:10 pm

But....., wait a second. I thought Islam was a religion of peace.

ZeroAltitude

Postby ZeroAltitude » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:13 pm

As we say here, I can't eat as much as I want to throw up.
space intentionally left blank

Half Bottle

Postby Half Bottle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:24 pm

As we say here, I can't eat as much as I want to throw up.
That is sure a perfect aphorism for this situation. You Germans are indeed efficient.
~~~ In Oxford Town, you smell like dead lab rats. ~~~

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Religions, and their followers are indeed strange stuff. Wacko, some Jones-guy in Guyanana?, some strange bunch in Switzerland, the Popes's funny cloths, jews with curls and more strange clothing.........................and so on.
Per

ZeroAltitude

Postby ZeroAltitude » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Religions, and their followers are indeed strange stuff. Wacko, some Jones-guy in Guyanana?, some strange bunch in Switzerland, the Popes's funny cloths, jews with curls and more strange clothing.........................and so on.
Per
That would be ok with me as long as they confine their wackyness to clothes, appearance and even their speech etc.
But once they start killing people or making people mass murderers, my tolerance comes to a grinding stop.
space intentionally left blank

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:49 am

Per
That would be ok with me as long as they confine their wackyness to clothes, appearance and even their speech etc.
But once they start killing people or making people mass murderers, my tolerance comes to a grinding stop.
I seem to remember that some of those I mentioned are permanently dead?
Per

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:05 pm

My view of organized religion is pretty much non-existant...as in I don't believe supporting one specific religion. Do I believe in God...to some extent. I believe in angels more. (odd, I know) So much death and destruction has been caused in the name of religious beliefs.

My uncle...a man of the clergy and his wife were beaten to death in their home while they slept...that pretty much wiped out any religious beliefs I had. If God wouldn't protect one of his own preachers...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ~ WOW, what a ride~!!!

Return to “Political Discussion Forum”