Save Guam

Politics is continually a popular topic of conversation at AD.info, and to allow our members to discuss it, we've created this forum.

Moderators: FrankM, el

Sabre

Save Guam

Postby Sabre » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:38 pm

The US is planning on moving 8,000 Marines from Okinawa to Guam, and while there has been some opposition, it took great courage for Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) to speak of the real dangers involved. I'm so glad we Georgians have this man to represent us in Washington.
Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) is raising some eyebrows with a comment he made about the U.S. territory of Guam during a House Armed Services Committee hearing last Thursday.

In a discussion regarding a planned military buildup on the Pacific island, Johnson expressed some concerns about the plans to Adm. Robert Willard, head of the U.S. Pacific fleet.

"My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," Johnson said. Willard paused and replied, "We don't anticipate that."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html

Ancient Mariner

Re: Save Guam

Postby Ancient Mariner » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:07 pm

The US is planning on moving 8,000 Marines from Okinawa to Guam, and while there has been some opposition, it took great courage for Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) to speak of the real dangers involved. I'm so glad we Georgians have this man to represent us in Washington.
Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) is raising some eyebrows with a comment he made about the U.S. territory of Guam during a House Armed Services Committee hearing last Thursday.

In a discussion regarding a planned military buildup on the Pacific island, Johnson expressed some concerns about the plans to Adm. Robert Willard, head of the U.S. Pacific fleet.

"My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," Johnson said. Willard paused and replied, "We don't anticipate that."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... 03544.html
Curacao is more likely to tip over. Pleas keep your politicians away. Thank you!
Per

Return to “Political Discussion Forum”