RPG Dilema

Politics is continually a popular topic of conversation at AD.info, and to allow our members to discuss it, we've created this forum.

Moderators: FrankM, el

AndyToop

RPG Dilema

Postby AndyToop » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:13 pm

So one is a "civilian" and the west have gone to war against a legitimate government who was threatening to kill him.
The other is an "insurgent" and the west have gone to war to help the legitimate government kill him.

What exactly is the difference here?

flyboy2548m

Re: RPG Dilema

Postby flyboy2548m » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Cammos vs trackpants. Hope that helps.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

AndyToop

Postby AndyToop » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:41 pm

Cammos vs trackpants. Hope that helps.
yep - except the civilian is the one in cammos - go figure :?

Dummy Pilot

Postby Dummy Pilot » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:02 am

"What's in a name?...Regime Change by any other name would still smell as sweet!"

Here's another riddle for you to ponder...who said which of the following, Bush or Obama?

"...we have done the hard work of protecting our own people, as well as millions around the globe. We have done so because we know that our own future is safer, our own future is brighter, if more of mankind can live with the bright light of freedom and dignity"

“All who live in tyranny and hopelessness can know: the United States will not ignore your oppression, or excuse your oppressors. When you stand for your liberty, we will stand with you.”

"Because wherever people long to be free, they will find a friend in the United States"

“America will not impose our own style of government on the unwilling. Our goal instead is to help others find their own voice, attain their own freedom, and make their own way.”

“Our country has accepted obligations that are difficult to fulfill, and would be dishonorable to abandon"

To answer your question, the difference is that in one case, the 'Coalition' contained countries like Poland and Nicaraugua....in the other, they had Qatar.

In another case, bombing strikes are coming from dirty places like Uzbekistan while in the other, the flights are coming from Italy where they make pizza.

In one case, the US is in charge and the bulk of the strike/CAS ops require specialized US equipment like A-10s/AC130s/JSTARs/tomahawks. In the other, a friendly Canadian is in charge (although his two superiors are both Americans) and the bulk of the strike/CAS ops require things like A-10s/AC130s/JSTARs/tomahawks

In one case, places like Turkey and Jordan would have to deal with an influx of refugees...in another, sweet Europeans would have stinky muslim north africans refugees invading their shores

In another case, the US had to put people on the ground and arm one side to stand up a 'Police Force' to protect the fledgling goverment...in this case, there are absolutley no Special Forces on the ground providing FAC and assistance to rebel forces and the US has only signaled an 'openness' to arming the rebels

Lastly, the world dislikes crude silly Texans while everybody loves the "hopey changey" guy....I mean we gave him the Nobel PEACE prize didn't we?

Hope this helps!

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:22 am

I blame America.
2022: The year of the Squid Singularity

David Hilditch

Postby David Hilditch » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:19 pm

...in this case, there are absolutley no Special Forces on the ground providing FAC and assistance......
Are we sure of that ?

Dummy Pilot

Postby Dummy Pilot » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:36 pm

...in this case, there are absolutley no Special Forces on the ground providing FAC and assistance......
Are we sure of that ?

Ah David, after all these years, I thought you were a little more attuned to Sarcasm....of course there are Special Forces boots on the ground

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:55 pm

I mean we gave him the Nobel PEACE prize didn't we?

Hope this helps!

No, you did not. We did. :mrgreen:
Per

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:27 pm

it is an open secret that British special forces have been in Libya for some years ,training the Libyan special forces, you know, the ones we are now bombing...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World- ... 9215380378

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:27 pm

"I'm putting an end to this f*ckery." - Rayna Boyanov

Dummy Pilot

Postby Dummy Pilot » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:07 pm

Straight from Today's headlines (GuardianUK)

Gaddafi forces cancel out much of rebels' weekend gains

Ajdabiya under threat as two oil towns fall, putting Libyan army within striking distance of Benghazi and humiliation of coalition

....OK, anybody got PLAN B?

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Straight from Today's headlines (GuardianUK)

Gaddafi forces cancel out much of rebels' weekend gains

Ajdabiya under threat as two oil towns fall, putting Libyan army within striking distance of Benghazi and humiliation of coalition

....OK, anybody got PLAN B?

Send in Tony Blair (again)

OldSowBreath

Postby OldSowBreath » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:09 pm

No, send in Tony Curtis and those two can do a remake of Some Like It Hot.

David Hilditch

Postby David Hilditch » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Are we sure of that ?

Ah David, after all these years, I thought you were a little more attuned to Sarcasm....of course there are Special Forces boots on the ground
OK. Now that I live inside the beltway, I have almost forgotten the meaning of irony and sarcasm.

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:07 am

...I have almost forgotten the meaning of ironing....
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=caba1c9e00
"I'm putting an end to this f*ckery." - Rayna Boyanov

Return to “Political Discussion Forum”