Marines Invade Berkely!!!

Politics is continually a popular topic of conversation at AD.info, and to allow our members to discuss it, we've created this forum.

Moderators: FrankM, el

PurduePilot

Marines Invade Berkely!!!

Postby PurduePilot » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:37 pm

Oh the humanity!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XP26f3BYdWI

"It's very important to protect free speech, and so we feel we have a right to be here."
"If only there was an organization that was sworn to defend that free speech."
"Wouldn't that be great?"

"We don't need to be worrying about their rights."

"Wars in general would stop if we didn't have weapons. Just like violence in our streets would stop if we didn't have weapons."
"So if we didn't have police, we wouldn't have crime?"
"Potentially."

Cam

Re: Marines Invade Berkely!!!

Postby Cam » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:42 pm

I love it, rope them around in circles.
You should all know by now....so please stop asking.

Dmmoore
08/12/1946 - 06/05/2009 Rest In Peace

Postby Dmmoore » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:23 pm

Anyone wondering why I don't agree with Berkley "Code Pink" liberals?

They need to read the Constitution again. Maybe a little world history wouldn't hurt.

Humm - Potentially,
Removing all weapons would have to include hands, arms, feet, leg and teeth. :o
It isn't the weapons, it's the people that use them.
Weapons of war were developed because someone stronger successfully defeated another group. Other groups developed a defense against the first who developed a weapon to defeat the defense and so on and so on.

I thank the U.S. military for providing and defending the constitution on my behalf. As for those responsible for sending them on missions of folly, well, I have a vote to fix that.
Don
As accomplished by managers around the world
READY - FIRE - AIM!

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:28 pm

As for those responsible for sending them on missions of folly, well, I have a vote to fix that.
Sure you do, keep telling yourself that.

All is well, all is well...
2022: The year of the Squid Singularity

PurduePilot

Postby PurduePilot » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:28 pm

As for those responsible for sending them on missions of folly, well, I have a vote to fix that.

Care to expand on that?

David Hilditch

Postby David Hilditch » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:03 pm

There's a lot more to Berkeley (note correct spelling) than its reputation for radical politics. It's a civilized city and also has one of the best book stores anywhere in the world.

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:36 pm

Care to expand on that?
Well for starters both major parties in the US and their presidential candidates are committed to the one sided support of the settler state of Israel and also show a willingness to start a war with Iran.

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:32 am

I thank the U.S. military for providing and defending the constitution on my behalf. As for those responsible for sending them on missions of folly, well, I have a vote to fix that.
My my, what an impressive tool you have there in your hands, Don.
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

PurduePilot

Postby PurduePilot » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:02 pm

Care to expand on that?
Well for starters both major parties in the US and their presidential candidates are committed to the one sided support of the settler state of Israel and also show a willingness to start a war with Iran.
That's why I voted for Ron Paul. However, there are too many sheep in this country that go for whatever crap the party is pushing. And both parties are basically the same now anyways. Oh well, maybe in another 50 years people will wake up and see the poverty they're voting themselves into.

Dmmoore

Re: Marines Invade Berkeley!!!

Postby Dmmoore » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:25 pm

It certainly is Pipe. Far more impressive than most have.
Don
READY - FIRE - AIM!

Dmmoore

Postby Dmmoore » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:39 pm

OFF TOPIC!!!
The state of Israel was formed pursuant to a UN mandate. That mandate includes a provision for a Palestinian home land. All three candidates support that mandate and the Palestinian provision. I think you need to look at all three current front runners platforms again.
Don
READY - FIRE - AIM!

David Hilditch

Postby David Hilditch » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:17 pm

.....All three candidates support that mandate and the Palestinian provision. I think you need to look at all three current front runners platforms again.
I think, in fact I know, you're much smarter than that, Don. That's like saying that all three candidates believe in the eradication of poverty without considering the means or methods by which they get from here to there.

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:37 pm

The state of Israel was formed pursuant to a UN mandate. That mandate includes a provision for a Palestinian home land. All three candidates support that mandate and the Palestinian provision. I think you need to look at all three current front runners platforms again.
yes,indeed, I'm sure they will be working as hard as the current President for that end.

Pipe

Re: Marines Invade Berkeley!!!

Postby Pipe » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:50 pm

It certainly is Pipe. Far more impressive than most have.
Let the dirty minds think what they want. After 2004 I´m certainly scared to death when the american electorate remembers their power of vote. :shock:
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

David Hilditch

Postby David Hilditch » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:56 pm

That's why I voted for Ron Paul. However, there are too many sheep in this country that go for whatever crap the party is pushing. And both parties are basically the same now anyways. Oh well, maybe in another 50 years people will wake up and see the poverty they're voting themselves into.
Funny, I thought Mr Paul was a Republican party candidate, ie. one of the two parties that are "basically the same". What's the difference between the crap followed by the sheep who go for the two parties and the crap followed by the sheep who go for Mr Paul ?

PurduePilot

Postby PurduePilot » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:14 pm

Funny, I thought Mr Paul was a Republican party candidate, ie. one of the two parties that are "basically the same". What's the difference between the crap followed by the sheep who go for the two parties and the crap followed by the sheep who go for Mr Paul ?
Doctor/Congressman/Captain Paul is not getting the Republican nomination because he doesn't conform to the current agenda of the party (big spending, needless wars, big government, boorish foreign policy, etc.) and instead is a traditional genuine conservative.

fors43

Postby fors43 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:30 pm

There's a lot more to Berkeley (note correct spelling) than its reputation for radical politics. It's a civilized city and also has one of the best book stores anywhere in the world.
As a graduate of Berkeley, I agree. Although I don't think anyone said otherwise.

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:29 am

As another graduate of Berzerkeley (corrected correct spelling), I concur with your assessment. If the bookstore you are referring to is Cody's, you will be saddened to know that their flagship store on Telegraph Avenue closed a couple years ago. They now have only one retail outlet, on Shattuck Avenue.

http://www.codysbooks.com/infodesk.jsp

The only bookstore I've found comparable is Powell's in Portland.
"I'm putting an end to this f*ckery." - Rayna Boyanov

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:20 pm

Back in the eighties as an Summer camp student I had a torrid and drunken one night stand with a Berkley student back in her dorm room, so that almost makes me a graduate by default.

Don't know about any stinking bookshop though.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:42 am

Kicked the Krauts' butts just fine, thank you.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:52 am

Kicked the Krauts' butts just fine, thank you.
You kicked the Krauts´ butts with your votes?

Impressive, indeed.
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Return to “Political Discussion Forum”