Novichok

Politics is continually a popular topic of conversation at AD.info, and to allow our members to discuss it, we've created this forum.

Moderators: FrankM, el

Mr. Snappy
Your Forum Comrade

Novichok

Postby Mr. Snappy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:59 pm

Niet

Is not true

Is not Novichok

Mr. Snappy is proletariat friend
I like Mick Mouse

J

Re: Novichok

Postby J » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:31 pm

Mr. Snappy, a vaguely gratuitous denial may be helpful in the Russian Federation but here in the west we prefer to do our own research. From the BBC:

The name Novichok means "newcomer" in Russian, and applies to a group of advanced nerve agents developed by the Soviet Union in the 1970s and 1980s.

They were known as fourth-generation chemical weapons and were developed under a Soviet programme codenamed Foliant.

Novichok's existence was revealed by chemist Dr Vil Mirzayanov in the 1990s, via Russian media. He later defected to the US, where he published the chemical formula in his book, State Secrets.

Some variants of Novichok are thought to be five to eight times more toxic than the VX nerve agent.

"This is a more dangerous and sophisticated agent than sarin or VX and is harder to identify," says Professor Gary Stephens, a pharmacology expert at the University of Reading.

VX agent was the chemical used to kill the half-brother of Kim Jong-un in 2017, according to the US.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43377698

Verbal

Postby Verbal » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:18 pm

I'm starting to think that our Mr. Snappy has been hijacked by a Russian troll farm.
"I'm putting an end to this f*ckery." - Rayna Boyanov

Mr. Snappy
Your Forum Comrade

Postby Mr. Snappy » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:20 pm

Is not true

Is American propaganda

Mr. Snappy is true blue rock and roll chain saw bitchin' friend
I like Mick Mouse

Return to “Political Discussion Forum”