Das Wort zum Dienstag

This forum is about German issues.

Moderators: Pipe, ZeroAltitude

Pipe

Das Wort zum Dienstag

Postby Pipe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:52 am

Liebe Luftfahrtkatastrophengemeinde!

Es ist mal wieder soweit: Montag ist´s, der Dienstag naht, null Bock auf Arbeit, "nur" noch fünf Tage bis Freitag, auch kein Trost.
Pipe ist hier um welchen zu spenden.

Immer wenn Du denkst, Du bist das abgef........., durchgeb........., runtergev...........teste/steste/lste armselige Häuflein Unglück, dann ist da immer noch einer abgef............durchgeb...........runtergev..............kter/ster/lter als Du selbst.

Was wollen uns diese Worte sagen? Ich meine ............ also eigentlich gar nichts.

Aber Enten .............. ja Enten, die sind mitunter noch schlimmer dran als wir. So eine armselige Ente, eigentlich wackelt die ja den ganzen lieben langen Tag auf dem Hof rum, man grüsst die Hühner, tauscht die letzten Neuigkeiten, schnattert den einen oder anderen Spatz an ....... also so eine armselige Ente ist ja eigentlich nur dazu da, fetter und fetter zu werden. Um dann eines Tages im Ofen zu landen.
Solche Wahrheiten sind aber augenscheinlich dem Hofhund völlig unbekannt. Was soll denn da nun raus kommen?

Immerhin möge uns das Bild zeigen, dass wir durchaus nicht die abgef........., durchgeb........., runtergev...........testen/stesten/lsten armseligen Häuflein Unglück sind, sondern dass da, Gott sei der Entenseele gnädig, immer noch abgef............durchgeb...........runtergev..............ktere/stere/ltere Armseelen durchs Leben schleichen.

DIeser Trost wurde gespendet von

Pipe
:mrgreen:

PS: Good luck with the translation, Halfie!
Attachments
1190587080_77023868fi4.jpg
1190587080_77023868fi4.jpg (86.83 KiB) Viewed 8796 times
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

FrankM

Re: Das Wort zum Dienstag

Postby FrankM » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:52 pm

Die Ente macht gar keinen sooo unglücklichen Eindruck ...

Wie bei "Leben des Brian"

- Dein Vater ist ein Römer.
- Was ??? Hat er Dich vergewaltigt ?
- Najaa ... zuerst schon ...
Wir sind dann mal oben !

Half Bottle

Postby Half Bottle » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:06 pm

Good luck with the translation, Halfie!
I'll give it a shot -- let me know how I did.
It's that time again: it's Monday and we're back to work. Tuesday is near and it's no consolation that it is "only" five days until Friday. Pipe is here to help.

Whenever you think you are the most downtrodden, beaten, thoroughly pathetic accident of nature, there is always one who is more downtrodden, beaten upon and thoroughly pathethic than yourself.

What do these words tell us? I think.... I have no idea.

But ducks. Yes, ducks are sometimes even worse off than we are. Such a poor duck, which just waddles around the whole blessed day in the coop. He just greets the chickens, gossips, chit-chats with the sparrows, but all the poor duck is actually there for is to get fatter and fatter so he can land in the oven one day.

These truths are apparently unknown to the mighty dog. How do we know this?

Let us look at a picture that proves we are not the most downtrodden, beaten, thoroughly pathetic creatures, but that God gave us the duck to give us the strength in our souls to sneak through life.

This consolation was brought to you by

Pipe
~~~ In Oxford Town, you smell like dead lab rats. ~~~

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:17 pm

Well Halfie,

all in all not too bad. Only in the end you´re getting way off with your deductions.

Pipe
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Half Bottle

Postby Half Bottle » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:24 pm

Well Halfie,

all in all not too bad. Only in the end you´re getting way off with your deductions.

Pipe
Amazing. That was pretty tough. Three quesitons, then:

1) What was off at the end?
2) What does the following line actually mean? (It was the toughest for me to figure out although it sounds like I got close) "Du bist das abgef........., durchgeb........., runtergev...........teste/steste/lste armselige Häuflein Unglück,"
3) What, specifically, does Häuflein mean?
~~~ In Oxford Town, you smell like dead lab rats. ~~~

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:14 pm

Well Halfie,

Pipe
Amazing. That was pretty tough. Three quesitons, then:

1) What was off at the end?
2) What does the following line actually mean? (It was the toughest for me to figure out although it sounds like I got close) "Du bist das abgef........., durchgeb........., runtergev...........teste/steste/lste armselige Häuflein Unglück,"
Well, as you and Mark Twain have already noticed, the Germans are very good in weaving sentence tissues. And that´s were the trouble starts for foreigners. They lose the thread (don´t worry, even some Germans). That a dirty mind like you would figure several acronyms for f**** and their superlatives, I hadn´t the slightest doubt. Was I really wrong? :mrgreen:

The "mighty" dog is not so "mighty". It´s simply the barnyard´s dog. The "Häuflein Unglück" is probably a "small pile of unhappiness" (BTW: Frank seemed to figure that the duck doesn´t look too unhappy at all with the situation :lol: ) And God didn´t create the duck to show us anything, that task was directed to the picture. I was just asking "God [to] have mercy on the duck´s soul".

But else? Not too bad.

Pipe
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:20 pm

Errmm .. mispost.
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

ZeroAltitude

Postby ZeroAltitude » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:52 pm

Errmm .. mispost.
No problem - misread.
space intentionally left blank

Carlos G.

Postby Carlos G. » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:06 pm

Errmm .. mispost.
Yeah... from the beginning... you just noticed it now? We all know... it's carnaval down there, you try to convince us you don't bother at all, reality proves it otherwise, my friend...

Pipe

Postby Pipe » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:30 am

Hier wird Deutsch gesprochen!!!
Res Severa Verum Gaudium

ZeroAltitude

Postby ZeroAltitude » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:44 am

Sächssch wird ooch dollerirt.
space intentionally left blank

FrankM

Postby FrankM » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:26 am

Sächssch wird ooch dollerirt.
Aber nur gerade so eben ... :roll:
Wir sind dann mal oben !

klmn802

Howling Fjord Quests

Postby klmn802 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:35 am

I've done I believe all the Howling Fjord quests, and now have an empty quest log however isnt there a quest that takes you into the next zone? If anyone can link it it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

rattler

Postby rattler » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:24 pm

-snip-
As I am always enchanted to see someone actually trying to learn the only "logically derived/structured" language on this planet, let me explain:

1. "Häuflein" is a diminuitive of "Haufen", i.e. a "small" Haufen, i.e. rest of what once was a Haufen.
2. A "Haufen" (details_ http://dictionary.reverso.net/german-english/Haufen), as it is understood today, is a "heap"
3. From when the expression "Häuflein Unglück" (literally translates to "A heap of bad luck") comes (450+ yrs ago), this was not the meaning: A "Haufen" at those times meant what would best be translated as "Platoon" nowadays, a group of soldiers named like that.
4. As you can imagine, in military history there always were units connected with "Bad Luck", this was the case here, in the 30 yrs war 1618 to 1648 there was one special "Platoon" that ran into trouble over and over again for 20+ years and was dubbed accordingly (they lived to tell, after all).
5. So, "Häulein Unglück" actually means (and is used like this today) the rest of the once famous pln that ran into trouble and lived to tell. In daily rant this means guys dubbed like that are just a forelorn group of ppl (you can apply it to one person sol also) who have lost their direction.

Hope that helps,

Rattler
Sincere condolences to all Norwegians! I guess you will need some aquevit to get over this.

rattler

Re: Howling Fjord Quests

Postby rattler » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:32 pm

I've done I believe all the Howling Fjord quests, and now have an empty quest log however isnt there a quest that takes you into the next zone? If anyone can link it it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Thanks for your thanks. This is really spectacular, almost "haiku" (now, if you could reduce it to 17 sylabels?). Some real "spammers poetry" at last! I guess you just (almost) made it into spammers history books... :-)

Here a sugestion (5, 7, 5):

Howling Fjord Challenge,
Empty Quest Log Is Wasted,
Other Zone Needs Linking.

Anyone has thought about the book to publish on that theme already? Son, your´e treading outdated threads... heard it before, sounds (too) familiar...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tIj-rQ9eJ6Y

Rattler
Sincere condolences to all Norwegians! I guess you will need some aquevit to get over this.

Return to “Kraut Corner”