RJ Captain salary

Have a question regarding commercial aviation? Get an answer from a real airline pilot!

Moderators: el, ZeroAltitude, flyboy2548m

Putt4Par

RJ Captain salary

Postby Putt4Par » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:36 pm

I was watching the Bachelor's finale with my better half last night. The guy is a captain for ASA (I think he's 31 years old) and it got me wonderin'...how much does your typical CRJ captain make? I know, I know, less than me. But seriously, what is the pay range?

flyboy2548m

Re: RJ Captain salary

Postby flyboy2548m » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:29 pm

For payscales of most US carriers, go here:

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

Putt4Par

Postby Putt4Par » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Good link. Thanks.

In average, how many hours a month do you (or an average pilot) fly per month? About 70-80? Also, how far in advance do you bid for your monthly trips?

Thanks for the answers.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Good link. Thanks.

In average, how many hours a month do you (or an average pilot) fly per month? About 70-80? Also, how far in advance do you bid for your monthly trips?

Thanks for the answers.
70-90 is more like it. Bid procedures vary greatly.

Girard82

Postby Girard82 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:49 am

post deleted - spam, el

B77W-QOTS

Postby B77W-QOTS » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Cool that does confirm the wing walker makes more than the right seat fuel docket boy :D
"We are running an airline not a circus," - Qantas spokeswoman

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Cool that does confirm the wing walker makes more than the right seat fuel docket boy :D
But Putt4Par makes more than you (and the rest of the forum members combined).
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

B77W-QOTS

Postby B77W-QOTS » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:57 am

But Putt4Par makes more than you (and the rest of the forum members combined).

I just needed to see the old RHS RJ FO who should know his place in life and respect his wing walking higher earning people :clap:

1 ISGPOTM DAYLIGHT 2 Wing walker from Australia ALOT OF DAYLIGHT 3. RJ RHS 'fuel docket boy'

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:01 pm

I just needed to see the old RHS RJ FO who should know his place in life and respect his wing walking higher earning people :clap:
I don't respect people based on how much money they make (or don't make), but nice try, Marty.

B77W-QOTS

Postby B77W-QOTS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 am

I don't respect people based on how much money they make (or don't make), but nice try, Marty.
Clearly you do, you try to have a go at me because I walk out aircraft as part of my role, lets be honest here Ike without me you go nowhere, you tried to compare my role to something that a wendys employee is capable of doing.

No matter where or how far you go in this world always show respect to everyone whether they are lower or higher than you, because its quite often the people that are lower than you that can help you the most.

Im lucky I have a great example from yesterday, I was walking out an aircraft and noticed something in one of the nose gear tyres, I asked the driver to stop the pushback at the tow bar disconnect point I contacted the cockpit to inform the captain he had a nail in his nose gear tyre, a engineer was sent out to the aircraft and because was concerned if he removed it the tyre would go flat so the aircraft was pulled back into the bay, fortunately the nail was not long enough to puncture the tyre, the issues was noted in the aircraft log book and aircraft was pushed back out again and departed, the captain was very grateful for my attention to detail I will no doubt get a good letter in the next week or so.

That is how you gain respect.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:16 am

Clearly you do, you try to have a go at me because I walk out aircraft as part of my role, lets be honest here Ike without me you go nowhere, you tried to compare my role to something that a wendys employee is capable of doing.
And let's be even more honest in that without me there is no point in your existence, so you can go ahead and take a nosedive off that sanctimonious high horse.
No matter where or how far you go in this world always show respect to everyone whether they are lower or higher than you, because its quite often the people that are lower than you that can help you the most.
I disagree. Respect must be earned. Also, let me be clear: I have none for you not because you're a ramprat, but because you're a piece of shit. Even if you were a 777 Captain, you'd still be a piece of shit and I'd still have no respect for you.

B77W-QOTS

Postby B77W-QOTS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:15 am

And let's be even more honest in that without me there is no point in your existence, so you can go ahead and take a nosedive off that sanctimonious high horse.
I disagree. Respect must be earned. Also, let me be clear: I have none for you not because you're a ramprat, but because you're a piece of shit. Even if you were a 777 Captain, you'd still be a piece of shit and I'd still have no respect for you.

Without each other and the check in chick and anyone else involve din the airline then none of us exist.

Please explain why Im a piece of shit??? I dont owe people money, I dont lash out at peoples dogs or freinds via Facebook, I dont think Im above myself, so please highlight my peice of shit characteristics

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:24 am

Without each other and the check in chick and anyone else involve din the airline then none of us exist.

Please explain why Im a piece of shit??? I dont owe people money, I dont lash out at peoples dogs or freinds via Facebook, I dont think Im above myself, so please highlight my peice of shit characteristics
You just highlighted them yourself, thank you, and thank you also on behalf of your nonexistent creditors for not owing them money. I'm sure neighborhood dogs are also grateful to you for just being you.

Oh, and for the record, you do make inappropriate comments on Facebook with some regularity, which is particularly deplorable since you do it on other people's walls. That makes you not only a piece of shit, but a coward as well.

B77W-QOTS

Postby B77W-QOTS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:23 am

You just highlighted them yourself, thank you, and thank you also on behalf of your nonexistent creditors for not owing them money. I'm sure neighborhood dogs are also grateful to you for just being you.

Oh, and for the record, you do make inappropriate comments on Facebook with some regularity, which is particularly deplorable since you do it on other people's walls. That makes you not only a piece of shit, but a coward as well.
Im freinds with those people, I just respond to your embarassing wall comments, as I say I dont owe people money, I dont go to and lash out at peoples dogs and I dont think Im above myself, so once again what makes me a peice of shit??? You clearly arent learning Im bringing you back a peg or two you dont like it, ohh well thats too bad I guess.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:31 am

Im freinds with those people, I just respond to your embarassing wall comments, as I say I dont owe people money, I dont go to and lash out at peoples dogs and I dont think Im above myself, so once again what makes me a peice of shit??? You clearly arent learning Im bringing you back a peg or two you dont like it, ohh well thats too bad I guess.
It takes more than you got or ever will have to bring me back "a peg or two". Here's a thought, Marty: how about you mind your own pegs? And how is telling me what is or isn't beyond my depth from another person's wall appropriate? You only do it, because you know I won't sink to your asswipe level and do the same, which makes you, again, a piece of shit.

B77W-QOTS

Postby B77W-QOTS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:40 am

It takes more than you got or ever will have to bring me back "a peg or two". Here's a thought, Marty: how about you mind your own pegs? And how is telling me what is or isn't beyond my depth from another person's wall appropriate? You only do it, because you know I won't sink to your asswipe level and do the same, which makes you, again, a piece of shit.
My pegs are fine but thanks for your concern Ike, I dont need you to so sink to my level because you have sunk way way way below my level and it is well known and gets discussed quite alot.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:51 am

Gosh, Marty, if I were you I'd be nice and quiet about "being discussed quite a lot". It seems your "merits" get discussed publicly.

http://airdisaster.proboards.com/index. ... thread=212

B77W-QOTS

Postby B77W-QOTS » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Gosh, Marty, if I were you I'd be nice and quiet about "being discussed quite a lot". It seems your "merits" get discussed publicly.

Bwahahahahahahahaha You and David start a thread about me and Per shut you both up bwhahahahahahahaha I f***ing LOLED you f***ing turd bwhahahahahahahahha :D

Discussed quite alot is more than three posts you f***ing tripper, bwhahhahahahahhaaha try again dipshit.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Bwahahahahahahahaha You and David start a thread about me and Per shut you both up bwhahahahahahahaha I f***ing LOLED you f***ing turd bwhahahahahahahahha :D

Discussed quite alot is more than three posts you f***ing tripper, bwhahhahahahahhaaha try again dipshit.
I didn't start that thread, Marty. Oh, and nice job resorting to name calling, O Mighty Moderator. What's the matter, somebody stick one of them rampie wands up your ass?

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:00 pm

International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:15 pm

I just think it's hilarious Marty is both doing and posting exactly what Wonnzie was circa 2002. Big time deja vu.

Tell me something, Marty, when you look at those wands and realize that's as far as you're going in aviation, how does that make you feel? I know you don't have the guts to eat a Glock, so do you think sleeping pills? Rat poison, maybe?

B77W-QOTS

Postby B77W-QOTS » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:43 pm

I didn't start that thread, Marty. Oh, and nice job resorting to name calling, O Mighty Moderator. What's the matter, somebody stick one of them rampie wands up your ass?
I find that quite unbelievable because YOU are the only one that is upset that I am a moderator, your the only one that bleats on about it.

As for my role in aviation, like anything in this world, you put your mind to it you can go as far as you want, I may not be in the cockpit of an aircraft but it wont ever mean I dont enjoy what Im doing. To be perfectly honest I love my role and considering I had never set foot inside and airport four years ago I have come fair way.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:12 pm

I find that quite unbelievable because YOU are the only one that is upset that I am a moderator, your the only one that bleats on about it.
Wrong. Your ineptitude as a moderator is, to use your words, "well-known and discussed quite a bit".
As for my role in aviation, like anything in this world, you put your mind to it you can go as far as you want, I may not be in the cockpit of an aircraft but it wont ever mean I dont enjoy what Im doing. To be perfectly honest I love my role and considering I had never set foot inside and airport four years ago I have come fair way.
Wow, Marty, you made it from the airport gate to waving wands in four years! Way to go, little pal, how big a gold star do you expect?

Whatever gets you through those dark, Australian nights, I guess.

B77W-QOTS

Postby B77W-QOTS » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Wrong. Your ineptitude as a moderator is, to use your words, "well-known and discussed quite a bit".
Wow, Marty, you made it from the airport gate to waving wands in four years! Way to go, little pal, how big a gold star do you expect?

Whatever gets you through those dark, Australian nights, I guess.
You have been in your current position just over four years and havent gone anywhere so I wouldnt exactly so your ripping up a career path that is that noteworthy

I dont expect any gold star, I dont expect anything Im fine in all aspects of my life with work my family my wife and my five children.

Its actually daylight savings in Australia currently so the nights are really not that dark.

I delete all your posts so my moderating is going along well, Im just saving others from having to waste their precious life reading your dribble, its a just cause, I see El had to edit one of your posts because you thought it would be cool to make an inappropriate comment about a crash people had died in, your all class arent you :roll:

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:02 pm

You have been in your current position just over four years and havent gone anywhere.
I made it much further than you, not that that's any great challenge.

I delete all your posts so my moderating is going along well, Im just saving others from having to waste their precious life reading your dribble, its a just cause, I see El had to edit one of your posts because you thought it would be cool to make an inappropriate comment about a crash people had died in, your all class arent you :roll:
If you're the definiton of class, I'll take that as a great compliment. Now, go play with your wands, you f***ing asswipe.

Return to “Airline Pilot Q&A”