Correct footwear while maintaining aircraft?

Have a question regarding aviation maintenance procedures? Get an answer here!

Moderator: Robert Hilton

Sickbag

Correct footwear while maintaining aircraft?

Postby Sickbag » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:52 am

A BURLY British Airways engineer has quit after he was filmed prancing around his office in STILETTOS.

Howard Mills, 37, was caught on secret cameras set up to find out who had been damaging polystyrene ceiling tiles.

Security staff saw him put on a bodice, remove the tiles and lay them on the floor in a “catwalk” formation.

He then wiggled up and down it in the muddy heels he brought from home in a plastic bag. Married Mills later told cops he did it to hear the “squelching” of the shoes on the tiles.

He was also said to have been filmed watching fetish videos on a laptop.

The £35,000-a-year engineer was arrested but Crown lawyers decided a prosecution was not in the public interest.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 428130.ece
2022: The year of the Squid Singularity

PurduePilot

Re: Correct footwear while maintaining aircraft?

Postby PurduePilot » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:25 pm

I accidentally wore flip-flops to the shop today (forgot to change into my work shoes after classes) and except for moving a few planes around, I was using a Sawzall all afternoon cutting up an old floor-washing machine to go out with the scrap steel. NOT fun!!! Those shards get f***ing HOT and they go EVERYWHERE!!! :evil:

Robert Hilton

Postby Robert Hilton » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:44 pm

A BURLY British Airways engineer has quit after he was filmed prancing around his office in STILETTOS.Howard Mills, 37, was caught on secret cameras set up to find out who had been damaging polystyrene ceiling tiles.Security staff saw him put on a bodice, remove the tiles and lay them on the floor in a “catwalk” formation.He then wiggled up and down it in the muddy heels he brought from home in a plastic bag. Married Mills later told cops he did it to hear the “squelching” of the shoes on the tiles.He was also said to have been filmed watching fetish videos on a laptop.The £35,000-a-year engineer was arrested but Crown lawyers decided a prosecution was not in the public interest.
I sure hope they had steel toes and adequate heel protection.

IntheShade
ISGPOTM, 2nd only to Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger

Postby IntheShade » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:03 pm

A BURLY British Airways engineer has quit after he was filmed prancing around his office in STILETTOS.Howard Mills, 37, was caught on secret cameras set up to find out who had been damaging polystyrene ceiling tiles.Security staff saw him put on a bodice, remove the tiles and lay them on the floor in a “catwalk” formation.He then wiggled up and down it in the muddy heels he brought from home in a plastic bag. Married Mills later told cops he did it to hear the “squelching” of the shoes on the tiles.He was also said to have been filmed watching fetish videos on a laptop.The £35,000-a-year engineer was arrested but Crown lawyers decided a prosecution was not in the public interest.
I sure hope they had steel toes and adequate heel protection.
Robert, have you had a good maintenance question yet or has this become a shoe/fashion runway forum?
Aviation Pilot, Author, Genius

Robert Hilton

Postby Robert Hilton » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:11 pm

Robert, have you had a good maintenance question yet or has this become a shoe/fashion runway forum?
I suppose some people were trying to tempt Half Bottle to post down here.

Return to “Aviation Maintenance Q&A”