Editing

Experiencing problems ? Suggestions to make the place better ?

Moderators: FrankM, Frankie

3WE

Editing

Postby 3WE » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:59 am

Hey, is there a limit on editing???

Sometimes with embedded quotes and bracket, etc. etc. etc. I've needed to go back to a post 3 or 4 times....but today I've been locked out of some edits....I've even got a messed up quote in quote with Scorsch.

I know that some folks have done some "dishonorable" editing, but what about minor fixes???

Thanks!
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

GerryW
Mr. Salami

Re: Editing

Postby GerryW » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:07 am

Hey, is there a limit on editing???

Sometimes with embedded quotes and bracket, etc. etc. etc. I've needed to go back to a post 3 or 4 times....but today I've been locked out of some edits....I've even got a messed up quote in quote with Scorsch.

I know that some folks have done some "dishonorable" editing, but what about minor fixes???

Thanks!
Editing seems to be disabled after somebody posted after your post. Probably as a first step to prevent editing posts "whitout leaving traces" until it's done that at a post a line will mention that the post has been edited.
Good for the beginning.
So better to check your post first ith preview. (I know, it's always lost time because of the redirecting thing...)

ZeroAltitude

Postby ZeroAltitude » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:24 am

From the top of my head (no time right now to look deeper): There's a time limit of 30 minutes implemented for editing posts, and I believe this refers to the initial posting, not the last editing.

As for mixing up quotes: You'll have to count brackets if you want to edit out quotes-in-a-quote. Make sure each left bracket has a matching right bracket, and use the "Preview" button to check the results.
space intentionally left blank

blueblack

Postby blueblack » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:53 pm

WHU

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”