How do pix get uploaded here?

Experiencing problems ? Suggestions to make the place better ?

Moderators: FrankM, Frankie

rattler

How do pix get uploaded here?

Postby rattler » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:32 am

Or, more general:

How to attach pix to the posts: Do they go into a database and can be used by all? Or do we refer to our own machines? Any size/format restrictions?

Anyway, what must I do to get a pic to appear in a post?

Rattler
Sincere condolences to all Norwegians! I guess you will need some aquevit to get over this.

el

Re: How do pix get uploaded here?

Postby el » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:03 pm

When posting a new post you have an "upload attachment" thingie below the window you're writing in. That will help you along. AFAIK it does tell you about size limitations.

FrankM

Postby FrankM » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:42 pm

When posting a new post you have an "upload attachment" thingie below the window you're writing in. That will help you along. AFAIK it does tell you about size limitations.
Correct, currently we have the size limited to 256KB and a limit of 10 pics per post. But if needed, we can change that. Currently we still have the problem that they aren't properly displayed, instead you get this annoying scroll window. We hope to have that fixed soon.
Wir sind dann mal oben !

rattler

Postby rattler » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:29 pm

ok, experimented a bit, if you place stuff inline per the button and then correct position manually the result is acceptable (see http://airdisaster.info/10/forums/viewt ... p?f=8&t=22)

Rattler
Sincere condolences to all Norwegians! I guess you will need some aquevit to get over this.

Half Bottle

Postby Half Bottle » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:31 pm

Correct, currently we have the size limited to 256KB and a limit of 10 pics per post. But if needed, we can change that. Currently we still have the problem that they aren't properly displayed, instead you get this annoying scroll window. We hope to have that fixed soon.
I actually like the scroll window quite a bit. If you click on it it goes away and shows the picutre in full view. Then if you click again it goes back to a scroll window. I think that will be quite helpful for when people post pics that are too wide; it will keep the rest of the page from becoming hard-to-read.
~~~ In Oxford Town, you smell like dead lab rats. ~~~

rattler

Postby rattler » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:35 pm

-snip- I actually like the scroll window quite a bit. If you click on it it goes away and shows the picutre in full view. Then if you click again it goes back to a scroll window. I think that will be quite helpful for when people post pics that are too wide; it will keep the rest of the page from becoming hard-to-read.
While true, I think mods should simply resize those pics and pass a slap on the hand to the offender: Saves bandwith and educates ppl for thinking about that.

Rattler

Half Bottle

Postby Half Bottle » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:41 pm

-snip- I actually like the scroll window quite a bit. If you click on it it goes away and shows the picutre in full view. Then if you click again it goes back to a scroll window. I think that will be quite helpful for when people post pics that are too wide; it will keep the rest of the page from becoming hard-to-read.
While true, I think mods should simply resize those pics and pass a slap on the hand to the offender: Saves bandwith and educates ppl for thinking about that.

Rattler
True, but with the scroll window the mods don't have to spend their time policing it and sometimes a big picture is helpful. Especially if it's a detailed shot of a crash scene for the armchair investigators.

At any rate, we don't have to agree, but I'm a fan of the click-on/click-off scroll window.

rattler

Postby rattler » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:45 pm

Rattler
True, but with the scroll window the mods don't have to spend their time policing it and sometimes a big picture is helpful. Especially if it's a detailed shot of a crash scene for the armchair investigators.

At any rate, we don't have to agree, but I'm a fan of the click-on/click-off scroll window.
Fair enuff.

Rattler

GerryW
Mr. Salami

Postby GerryW » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:45 pm

I have to agree with Halfie on this. It's more comfortable to scroll a page down when you saw the pictures already the time before you again are reading new threads on the same page.

Half Bottle

Postby Half Bottle » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:28 pm

I have to agree with Halfie on this. It's more comfortable to scroll a page down when you saw the pictures already the time before you again are reading new threads on the same page.
Didn't we determine on the last forum that we were manly long-lost soulmates? Just more evidence pouring in.

GerryW
Mr. Salami

Postby GerryW » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:39 pm

Didn't we determine on the last forum that we were manly long-lost soulmates? Just more evidence pouring in.
Yep, and so is Katie to me! Perhaps, this we have to find out, she's a soulmate to you too!

Dmmoore
08/12/1946 - 06/05/2009 Rest In Peace

Postby Dmmoore » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:28 pm

It's too bad we can't post a large picture that sizes it's self to a specific window dimension but can be blown up to full size when needed.
Don
As accomplished by managers around the world
READY - FIRE - AIM!

Chris Foss

Postby Chris Foss » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:39 pm

Trying to upload some pictures but I keep getting " image upload file is invalid" Why?

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:51 pm

Trying to upload some pictures but I keep getting " image upload file is invalid" Why?
Image upload isn't working for me, either.
Use an image hosting (as http://www.imageshack.us). After uploading the picture, copy and paste into your post the "Forum" link.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

PurduePilot

Postby PurduePilot » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:53 pm

I've never been able to upload here. I usually just upload it to facebook or wherever is convenient and then embed the image.

Chris Foss

Postby Chris Foss » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:14 am

Thank you

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”