IFR Training Flights

Ask a real life Air Traffic Controller

Moderator: ATCBob

Melissa
Mrs. ISGPOTM

IFR Training Flights

Postby Melissa » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:15 am

Do IFR Student pilots annoy you all with repeated requests for practice approaches, etc? I sometimes think that Regional Approach gets a little put out with those of us who just want to hone our craft.
Melissa* PPL SEL, Instrument Airplane, Complex Airplane Endorsement, IGI.
Official Winner of the ASF (Version 1.0) Aviation Safety Quiz 2006
Official Winner of the ad.info (Version 1.1) Fantasy Football League "Cleared For Touchdown" 2009

flyboy2548m

Re: IFR Training Flights

Postby flyboy2548m » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:43 am

Do IFR Student pilots annoy you all with repeated requests for practice approaches, etc? I sometimes think that Regional Approach gets a little put out with those of us who just want to hone our craft.
It's not just you that annoys them, Mel, they don't like anyone.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

VectorForFood

Postby VectorForFood » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:18 pm

My record so far flying out was as told by the local tower controller:"

"PBP, taxi runway 29 via Alpha and hold short, expect a lengthy delay, I have 8 Diamonds in the circut, two Seminoles doing practice IFR approaches on runway 24, and two inbound IFR commercial flights for 29"

Needless to say I spent about about 15 minutes waiting for a slot big enough to do a rolling take-off on, and I was departing the zone!

If you're an IFR training flight and the airport is too busy, you just get to practice your holds :D

Long story short, any airport I've flown in/out of is more than happy to work with any sort of training flight provided the pilot/crew are on their toes and follow instructions to the letter.

klmn802

Anyone getting trouble to upgrade to wotlk on blizz site

Postby klmn802 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:33 am

Hey guys, im trying since yesterday to upgrade to wotlk in the website (i couldnot buy on stores here) but im getting errors all the time, and now i cant even log on, anyone getting the same problem or have any suggestion about what to do?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
spam deleted - ZA

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Well, it seems that our beloved Marinabot is more intelligent/functional than other bots (like Mr. Snarval who is NOT my friend :x ) and searches/copies relevant posts from other sites in its efforts to make us believe it is not a spambot:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 27#p325889
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Return to “Air Traffic Control Q&A”