Memorizing passengers

Always wanted to know what's going on behind the curtain ? Ask her !

Moderator: Sumisid

FrankM

Memorizing passengers

Postby FrankM » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:15 pm

On my flight back from Memphis I recognised that one of the FAs had been on the flight a week earlier that had brought me to Memphis. When I ordered my Gin & Tonic she said to me "it's your favourite drink, huh ?". That kind of stunned me. Is it "normal" to memorize passengers that way ?
Wir sind dann mal oben !

Dmmoore
08/12/1946 - 06/05/2009 Rest In Peace

Re: Memorizing passengers

Postby Dmmoore » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:36 pm

In my 100+ trips across the Pacific on Northwest usually on flights 001 /005 returning on 006 / 002 I ran across the same flight attendants many times. Many of them remembered me from one flight to the next. I've been greeted by name as I boarded the flight many times. The gate agent working the flight always greeted me by name before taking my ticket. I made about 20 per year for 5 years.
I Think it's not unusual for a crew member to remember a pax that has attracted their attention for some reason. Very likely if you are / were being difficult or have a physical detail that distinguishes you from the crowd.
Don
As accomplished by managers around the world
READY - FIRE - AIM!

el

Postby el » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:36 pm

When I ordered my Gin & Tonic she said to me "it's your favourite drink, huh ?".
Time to change the airline. :mrgreen:

FrankM

Postby FrankM » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:24 pm

Very likely if you are / were being difficult
DIFFICULT ??? ME ? HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT, YOU %@X#%! !?!?!?
or have a physical detail that distinguishes you from the crowd.
Except for my belly ? Nah ...
Wir sind dann mal oben !

FrankM

Postby FrankM » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:25 pm

When I ordered my Gin & Tonic she said to me "it's your favourite drink, huh ?".
Time to change the airline. :mrgreen:
Hey, I got 63.000 miles on 'em. That's two upgrades to business class !
Wir sind dann mal oben !

Sumisid

Postby Sumisid » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:30 am

I think it depends on the system the airline puts their crews together. Some airlines let their FA's fly the same routings for a few months, some don't. I was happy that Swissair did not do that, it's boring. But for passengers who often fly the same route with the same airline, they probably like it because there's a big chance that they already know some of the crew and vice versa.

I remember only very few passengers who were REALLY frequent flyers to lots of different destinations and always flying first or business class. Usually the Maître de Cabine already informs the crew during the briefing that Mr XY or Mrs YZ is on board, so everybody is prepared.
Geht nicht gibt's nicht!

Return to “Flight Attendant Q&A”