Welcome one and all

If your fingers leave deep impressions in the armrests of your seat each time you fly, find out here how flying can be fun once you've left the horrors of the terminal building behind

Moderator: sindeewell

sindeewell

Welcome one and all

Postby sindeewell » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:50 pm

The site admins have agreed that this wonderful air disaster forum should have a Fear of Flying forum for those of us who, for whatever reason, break into a cold sweat walking onto the plane.

Hi. My name is Cindy and I am a fearful flyer. A flight for me usually means the person I am flying with will be left with a lasting impression....usually 5 distinct imprints of my fingertips on their thigh. I am proud to say though, that I am trying to work my way through it and with the help of previous Fear of Flying forum from the original ad.com, the other related Aviation forums whereby I've learned about the operations of the plane(s) and the delightfully unique individuals who make up these forums, I am making good progress.

This forum is dedicated to those who have the same fears I do, who are looking for ideas of how to deal with them, how to get by them and also to offer up any suggestions how to make a fearful flight a little bit better. While those people who fly regularly and routinely, know the ins and outs of various aircrafts will sometimes scoff at us, pay no heed as here, your fears will be met with compassion...along with a small dose of humour to keep things light. Feel free to ask, pose, suggest anything (related to Fear of Flying) and I will do my best to give you an honest, straight-forward answer.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ~ WOW, what a ride~!!!

Half Bottle

Re: Welcome one and all

Postby Half Bottle » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:06 pm

How do you think Fearful Flyers will react to your avatar?
~~~ In Oxford Town, you smell like dead lab rats. ~~~

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:21 pm

How do you think Fearful Flyers will react to your avatar?
Well, I'm sure they will respect me :lol:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ~ WOW, what a ride~!!!

el

Postby el » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:30 pm

Wait till Flyboy comes along. :mrgreen:

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Wait till Flyboy comes along. :mrgreen:
Then he will respect me in the morning... :mrgreen:

Dmmoore
08/12/1946 - 06/05/2009 Rest In Peace

Postby Dmmoore » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:37 pm

Welcome Cindy!
Don
As accomplished by managers around the world
READY - FIRE - AIM!

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:51 am

Welcome Cindy!
Thank you Don!

aardvark2zz

Postby aardvark2zz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:49 am

sindeewell has just asked me to post the following message:

Unfortunately, I don't feel I can be a moderator on the same site that would also have Don Moore as one of its mods. I had hoped that this place would be a new start for all of us, but it appears the admins disagree. I tried to address it with them via Pms, but received a response very similar to the Kilroyan classic "Get off my f***ing forum!"

I believe that either Don or myself should resign and I leave it to you, the members, to decide who you'd rather have around. If you decide it's me who should resign, I will do so promptly. I'm not sure what Don will do, but given his demonstrated hunger for power and lack of integrity, I can guess.

Cast your Votes.

;)
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Capt. Clarence Oveur: Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:01 pm

sindeewell has just asked me to post the following message:

Unfortunately, I don't feel I can be a moderator on the same site that would also have Don Moore as one of its mods. I had hoped that this place would be a new start for all of us, but it appears the admins disagree. I tried to address it with them via Pms, but received a response very similar to the Kilroyan classic "Get off my f***ing forum!"

I believe that either Don or myself should resign and I leave it to you, the members, to decide who you'd rather have around. If you decide it's me who should resign, I will do so promptly. I'm not sure what Don will do, but given his demonstrated hunger for power and lack of integrity, I can guess.

Cast your Votes.

;)
Too funny aardvark2zz...too funny.

Now...get out of my fear of flying forum or will take my "whip" to you... :mrgreen:

Have a good day!

Gotta love a forum with this much sarcasm

Half Bottle

Postby Half Bottle » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Now...get out of my fear of flying forum]
Close, but I think you're missing an adjective.
~~~ In Oxford Town, you smell like dead lab rats. ~~~

sindeewell

Postby sindeewell » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:19 pm

Now...get out of my fear of flying forum]
Close, but I think you're missing an adjective.
I was being polite. I'm feeling all warm & mushy after a breakfast date with AFB. :oops:

Angelic One

Postby Angelic One » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:24 pm

I am glad to have this forum, since that is what brought me to AD in the first place.

If you need any help keeping the peasants in line, just let me know ;)
Always do whatever's next ~ George Carlin

ZilogMan

Postby ZilogMan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:26 pm

Congrats, Mistress!
Too bad FoF is not my league, but you can test your whip on me anytime ;)
Don, Say Hi to Amelia Earhart for us...

Return to “Fear of Flying Forum”