Shade-O-Matic

Aviators sit in the shade of their weatherbeaten, fabric-covered biplanes, exchange hangar talk and tell stories of their barnstorming days before they take to the air again and fly toward the setting sun ....

Moderators: Dummy Pilot, IntheShade

IntheShade
ISGPOTM, 2nd only to Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger

Re: Shade-O-Matic

Postby IntheShade » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:57 am

FL330, the basement of outer space.....

This is where I operate.

These are the true stories of the International Super Genius Pilot of the Millennium.
So where does it all begin? That single point in life where one launches into the "rest" of thier life?

How does one know what they want to be?

Every red blooded American boy grows up playing Cowboys and Indians, racing Go-Carts, jumping bicycles while pretending to be the Lone Ranger, Dale Earnhardt or Evel Knevel.

Me? I grew up making parachutes, testing hand held gliders, reading aviation magazines and doing detailed studies of passing aircraft.

I was going to be a pilot.
Aviation Pilot, Author, Genius

PurduePilot

Postby PurduePilot » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:25 am

I was going to be a pilot, too. Then life sent me a memo, in the form of an audiologist's report to the Air Force. But please share, for I still yearn for that life.

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:29 am

Every red blooded American boy grows up playing Cowboys and Indians, racing Go-Carts, jumping bicycles while pretending to be the Lone Ranger, Dale Earnhardt or Evel Knevel.

Me? I grew up making parachutes, testing hand held gliders, reading aviation magazines and doing detailed studies of passing aircraft.

I was going to be a pilot.
Fascinating.

Did you somehow instinctively know you were going to be different to all the other boys?
touchyfeely.jpeg
touchyfeely.jpeg (83.45 KiB) Viewed 5223 times
2022: The year of the Squid Singularity

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:39 pm

Some of them become fascinated with airplanes, and unfortunately, some of them find certain websites, supposedly dealing with a love of avaition, but where the actual objectives are somewhat disturbing.
Fixed.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Return to “The Waldo Pepper Lounge”