One of Those Weekends

Aviators sit in the shade of their weatherbeaten, fabric-covered biplanes, exchange hangar talk and tell stories of their barnstorming days before they take to the air again and fly toward the setting sun ....

Moderators: Dummy Pilot, IntheShade

IntheShade
ISGPOTM, 2nd only to Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger

One of Those Weekends

Postby IntheShade » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:41 am

Friday got my friend a Airline Transport SEL Land, flew a T-34 and then on Saturday went out to do a litte recreational flying and experienced three engine failures.

Luckily got it partially back running each time and made it to the runway without landing out.
Aviation Pilot, Author, Genius

GlennAB1

Re: One of Those Weekends

Postby GlennAB1 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:54 am

Friday got my friend a Airline Transport SEL Land, flew a T-34 and then on Saturday went out to do a litte recreational flying and experienced three engine failures.

Luckily got it partially back running each time and made it to the runway without landing out.
Very cool...... and then not so cool...... your aircraft experienced the engine failure?
you still have to find a crew willing to fly this "barely airworthy" heap
no such thing as "barely airworthy" it's either Airworthy or Not
100% incorrect Ever hear of Ferry Permit? issued for Non airworthy aircraft
LOL

Hazmat

Postby Hazmat » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:20 am

................. went out to do a litte recreational flying and experienced three engine failures.

My God , I know the crisis hits everybody hard but setting your mixture so lean to save a couple of bucks really is cutting it close, no, what are you, Scottish ???
Anyway, never forget, every airplane is basically a glider, some of them have an engine attached .

PS; just out of curiosity, what plane was (I guess the same T-34 as saturday)it and what was the real problem?

VectorForFood

Postby VectorForFood » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:58 pm

Here's a tip or two:

A.) Get a better mechanic.
or depending on the circumstances
B.)Use a checklist next time.

OldSowBreath

Postby OldSowBreath » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:52 pm

Sounds to me like someone tried to get out of the basement of outer space and got behind the power curve.

Return to “The Waldo Pepper Lounge”