So You Are Airport Police....

An open discussion of aviation safety related issues.

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

IntheShade
ISGPOTM, 2nd only to Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger

So You Are Airport Police....

Postby IntheShade » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:06 am

And you're hungry....
McMenacing? Cop Accused Of Pulling Gun At McD's
Written by Brian Maass Reporting
Brian Maass
E-mail DENVER (CBS4) ― Click to enlarge1 of 3
(File)
Tim Boyle/Getty Images
Click to enlarge2 of 3
CBS4
Click to enlarge3 of 3
Visit the CBS4 Investigates section.

Close

numSlides of totalImages Related Slideshows Bulldozer Rampage, 5 Years Later Inside Supermax (Prisoners & Images) 2009 Celebrity Deaths New Broncos Cheerleaders Chosen! Odd & Interesting Festivals Around The World A Denver police officer has been suspended after allegedly brandishing his gun at a McDonald's restaurant in Aurora after his order took too long to fill.

Aurora police confirmed the CBS4 investigation saying the incident occurred May 21 at the McDonald's at 18181 East Hampden Avenue.

A spokesperson for the Aurora Police Department said they plan to present the case -- now classified as a felony menacing incident -- to the Arapahoe County District Attorney's Office Thursday for possible filing of criminal charges.

Sources familiar with the case, and the fast food worker's account of what happened, say two off-duty Denver police officers placed an order from their car in the early morning hours of May 21. But once at the drive through window, the employee said the men became agitated and angry at how long their food was taking. The men thought they were being ignored, according to contacts familiar with the worker's account. The male clerk then said one of the officer's flashed his police badge and pointed a pistol through the drive through window in a threatening manner, before driving off without paying.

Both officers are assigned to Denver International Airport although only one has been placed on administrative leave with pay, pending the outcome of the case.

(© MMIX CBS Television Stations, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Makes me feel safe.
Aviation Pilot, Author, Genius

PurduePilot

Re: So You Are Airport Police....

Postby PurduePilot » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:10 am

Don't you just love aviation security?

el

Postby el » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:00 am

Makes me feel safe.
At least they weren't naked.

VectorForFood

Postby VectorForFood » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:08 am

Yet another fine officer further degrading the respect and the authority of police around the world.

Almost as bad as officers who slam innocent bystanders into concrete walls, or four 6" tall officers tasing to death an overweight irate airline passenger... or the officer rolling his squad car flying through an unprepared median to catch a driver going 10 MPH over the speed limit.

Ancient Mariner

Postby Ancient Mariner » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:51 pm

Conclusion
US Police Officers: Unhealthy
McDonald's: Unhealthy
US Police Officers+McDonald's= Scary shit
Per

KPryor

Postby KPryor » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:17 pm

Holy crap! You mean I'm not supposed to do that? Maybe it's ok if I'm on duty, just not when I'm off duty ;)

Seriously, if this actually happened, they need some jail time for aggravated assault. I'm sick to death of idiots making my job harder by doing stupid stuff and making the public think we're all like that.
KP
I went to prison for murder, but I stayed for the chili!

Sir Gallivant

Postby Sir Gallivant » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:42 pm

There are police officers outside of the US that are capable of stupid tricks. A Danish police officer last year pulled his gun at a co-worker who had brought in her dog to work to show it off. The gun went off and the bullet entered the floor 10 cm from the dog-owner's feet. The officer claimed he was unaware there was a bullet in the chamber. And he worked (yes, past tense) for the Police Intelligence Service.
Veni, Vidi, Velcro!

GerryW
Mr. Salami

Postby GerryW » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:38 pm

You see, Mc.Do rocks!

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:46 pm

I'm sick to death of idiots making my job harder by doing stupid stuff and making the public think we're all like that.
KP

Send them here, the UK is full of police who join because they like to fight and beat people up with imunity, even kill em . None of that serve and protect nonsense needed here.
2022: The year of the Squid Singularity

KPryor

Postby KPryor » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:33 am

LOL I guess I'm just part of that breed of cop that still believes in trying to do the right thing. ;)
KP
I went to prison for murder, but I stayed for the chili!

Sir Gallivant

Postby Sir Gallivant » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:57 am

LOL I guess I'm just part of that breed of cop that still believes in trying to do the right thing. ;)
KP
Dinosaur! ;)

Seriously, though, good for you and good for the rest of us. I do think and hope that you are not alone in this attitude, but as you mention, a few bad apples can ruin the whole party.
Veni, Vidi, Velcro!

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:46 pm

I'm sick to death of idiots making my job harder by doing stupid stuff and making the public think we're all like that.
KP
Kinda like the way 99.217% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

Return to “Aviation Safety Discussion Forum”