777 Down?

An open discussion of aviation safety related issues.

Moderators: el, FrankM, Dmmoore

User avatar
Verbal
Posts: 3318
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Planet Bacterion

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Verbal » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:40 pm

Welcome back, Karl.
"I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability."

User avatar
monchavo
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:21 am

Re: 777 Down?

Postby monchavo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:54 am

Verbie, what can you tell us about this particular aircraft?

User avatar
Verbal
Posts: 3318
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Planet Bacterion

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Verbal » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:10 pm

monchavo wrote:Verbie, what can you tell us about this particular aircraft?

9M-MRO was delivered on May 31, 2002. At last report it was showing around 53k hours on 7.5k flights. A middle-aged airplane. Nothing remarkable.
"I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability."

User avatar
monchavo
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:21 am

Re: 777 Down?

Postby monchavo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:30 am

Thanks. Delivered the day after my birthday.

Sweetheart
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Sweetheart » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:14 pm

monchavo wrote:Thanks. Delivered the day after my birthday.


You're only 12 years old?

:mrgreen:

User avatar
Sickbag
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Spine-fuhrer of Hoboken

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Sickbag » Mon May 26, 2014 8:06 pm

so, has any trace of this aircraft actually been found yet?
TRUMP: in-presidency structural break-up
within 18 months...

User avatar
Not_Karl
Posts: 2023
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:12 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Not_Karl » Mon May 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Sickbag wrote:so, has any trace of this aircraft actually been found yet?

no
Junior Janitor, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Environmental Poisoning Assurance department.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

User avatar
Thunder Down Under
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:40 am
Location: In the Bush

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Thunder Down Under » Tue May 27, 2014 6:31 am

Not a skerret. Something fishy going on here.

TDU
I don't have a plan........therefore nothing can go wrong.....

User avatar
Ancient Mariner
Posts: 3640
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Ancient Mariner » Tue May 27, 2014 8:39 am

Thunder Down Under wrote:Not a skerret. Something fishy going on here.

TDU



Skerret?
Per

User avatar
Sickbag
Posts: 2840
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Spine-fuhrer of Hoboken

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Sickbag » Tue May 27, 2014 9:19 pm

But wot about da pings?
TRUMP: in-presidency structural break-up
within 18 months...

User avatar
Rabbi O'Genius
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:37 am
Location: France

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Rabbi O'Genius » Tue May 27, 2014 9:47 pm

Sickbag wrote:But wot about da pings?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U_R6tJfr-M
......never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. – John Donne

User avatar
Thunder Down Under
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:40 am
Location: In the Bush

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Thunder Down Under » Wed May 28, 2014 3:49 am

Ancient Mariner wrote:
Thunder Down Under wrote:Not a skerret. Something fishy going on here.

TDU



Skerret?
Per


Skerret. = Not a bloody thing.

TDU
I don't have a plan........therefore nothing can go wrong.....

User avatar
Thunder Down Under
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:40 am
Location: In the Bush

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Thunder Down Under » Wed May 28, 2014 4:11 am

Latest news this morning is that the first phrase is being wound up with Ocean Shield returning to port. Chinese survey ship Zhu Kezhen will continue mapping the ocean floor in the search zone and a commercial contractor will take over using a side-scan sonar cabable of depths to 6000 metres.

It still gets to me that at least some debris hasn't come to the surface. I'm starting to smell a rat. :?

TDU
I don't have a plan........therefore nothing can go wrong.....

User avatar
Ancient Mariner
Posts: 3640
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Ancient Mariner » Wed May 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Thunder Down Under wrote:
Ancient Mariner wrote:
Thunder Down Under wrote:Not a skerret. Something fishy going on here.

TDU



Skerret?
Per


Skerret. = Not a bloody thing.

TDU


Ta.
Per

User avatar
Thunder Down Under
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:40 am
Location: In the Bush

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Thunder Down Under » Fri May 30, 2014 5:00 am

Ta.
Per[/quote]

You are most welcome, Sir. :mrgreen:

TDU
I don't have a plan........therefore nothing can go wrong.....

User avatar
monchavo
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:21 am

Re: 777 Down?

Postby monchavo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:50 am

Slightly mawkish Horizon documentary

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... ight-mh370

User avatar
J
Posts: 1146
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Location: South of Canada

Re: 777 Down?

Postby J » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Revealed: Captain Zaharie Shah is the 'chief suspect' in official MH370 investigation
Captain Zaharie Shah, 53, was the main subject of the criminal inquiry
Intelligence checks on everyone else on board the flight were cleared
The captain had no future social or work plans, unlike the rest of the crew
Evidence from his programmed flight simulator also allegedly showed him rehearsing landing on small runway in southern Indian Ocean
The programme was deleted but later recovered by computer experts



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2664882/Captain-missing-MH370-flight-revealed-chief-suspect-Malaysias-official-police-investigation.html

User avatar
3WE
Posts: 4161
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Flyover, America

Re: 777 Down?

Postby 3WE » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:59 pm

Thunder Down Under wrote:It still gets to me that at least some debris hasn't come to the surface. I'm starting to smell a rat. :?


This + J's post right above = Yes.

Now, is the plane REALLY in-tact, on the ground, or could they have ditched and sank in-tact (without implosion)?
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

User avatar
monchavo
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:21 am

Re: 777 Down?

Postby monchavo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Is there a reputable proper source for the statement around

"Evidence from his programmed flight simulator also allegedly showed him rehearsing landing on small runway in southern Indian Ocean
The programme was deleted but later recovered by computer experts"

It will be interesting to see if this claim holds up. I'd like to see the peer reviewed evidence.

User avatar
3WE
Posts: 4161
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:37 pm
Location: Flyover, America

Re: 777 Down?

Postby 3WE » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:43 pm

monchavo wrote:Is there a reputable proper source for the statement around

"Evidence from his programmed flight simulator also allegedly showed him rehearsing landing on small runway in southern Indian Ocean
The programme was deleted but later recovered by computer experts"

It will be interesting to see if this claim holds up. I'd like to see the peer reviewed evidence.


Concur...

Shooting landings with virtual 777's on remote islands is one of "joys" of having a flight simulator...that alone doesn't tell me much- there would have to be a bunch of other stuff to solidify the story for me.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

User avatar
monchavo
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:21 am

Re: 777 Down?

Postby monchavo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:40 pm

Frustrating and irresponsible reporting.

User avatar
reubee
Posts: 680
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:36 am
Location: AKL

Re: 777 Down?

Postby reubee » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:33 pm

3WE wrote:
Thunder Down Under wrote:It still gets to me that at least some debris hasn't come to the surface. I'm starting to smell a rat. :?


This + J's post right above = Yes.

Now, is the plane REALLY in-tact, on the ground, or could they have ditched and sank in-tact (without implosion)?


Wouldn't be the first aircraft to disappear completely. If impacted on the ground, I can understand no trace for a long time, but if in sea I'm surprised that something doesn't float to the surface and turn up somewhere.
Image

User avatar
Ancient Mariner
Posts: 3640
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Re: 777 Down?

Postby Ancient Mariner » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:20 am

reubee wrote:
3WE wrote:
Thunder Down Under wrote:It still gets to me that at least some debris hasn't come to the surface. I'm starting to smell a rat. :?


This + J's post right above = Yes.

Now, is the plane REALLY in-tact, on the ground, or could they have ditched and sank in-tact (without implosion)?


Wouldn't be the first aircraft to disappear completely. If impacted on the ground, I can understand no trace for a long time, but if in sea I'm surprised that something doesn't float to the surface and turn up somewhere.



Big oceans, much water, things takes time.
Per

User avatar
reubee
Posts: 680
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:36 am
Location: AKL

Re: 777 Down?

Postby reubee » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:24 am

Big oceans, much water, things takes time.
Per


Not long after MH370 disappeared, a small homebuilt biplane disappeared off the coast of NZ.

Today, a trawler hauled in their nets and instead of finding fish or squid (I said squid just for Sickbag), they found they had pulled up the wreckage of this lost plane ... http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11305378
Image

User avatar
monchavo
Posts: 707
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:21 am

Re: 777 Down?

Postby monchavo » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:46 am

reubee wrote:
Big oceans, much water, things takes time.
Per


Not long after MH370 disappeared, a small homebuilt biplane disappeared off the coast of NZ.

Today, a trawler hauled in their nets and instead of finding fish or squid (I said squid just for Sickbag), they found they had pulled up the wreckage of this lost plane ... http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=11305378



i said it before and I'll say it again. I think it's likely that we'll start to see the flotsam and jetsam wash up around a year after the event.


Return to “Aviation Safety Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests