1) Skywest/United ERJ from ORD to Hartford...lands short in Buffalo, NY.
2) Media has feeding frenzy.
-The door came open in flight and several passengers passed out.
-A passenger passed out and the crew was concerned that there was a pressurization problem.
-The airline says, "There was no pressurization problem"
-Media counter-argues- "But WHY did they descended 20,000 feet in under 8 minutes!!!!"
Unsubstantiated, speculative parlour talk:
1) A passenger got sick and passed out.
2) The plane made a very brisk descent and 'emergency' landing to get the person medical attention.
3) Some pimple faced flight simmer noticed this on FlightawareTM and called his friend at the TV station and did his own unsubstantiated, speculative parlour talk.
4) The rest is history.
I doubt we will ever get the final report on the Swiss cheese failure of the TOTAL REPORTING DISASTER!!!!!!