F.A.O.: Flyboy

An open discussion of aviation safety related issues.

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

F.A.O.: Flyboy

Postby 3WE » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:22 pm

-Stop running around drunk and naked in the woods and pay more attention to your "tyres" (you're in the majors now).

-We will keep double checking your flap settings and "tyres" (and punching the FA call button).

-Was "Rice Ice Cream" in the woods with you?
Plane Needs A Wheel Change After Passenger Spots It Has A Flat Tyre

A plane had a wheel changed when an eagle-eyed passenger spotted it had a flat tyre just before take-off.

The jet was part of Chinese carrier Capital Airlines’ fleet, and was due to take off from Kunming Airport on Monday bound for Hangzhou.

The female passenger, who uses the name “Rice Ice Cream” on social media, noticed the flat tyre and pointed it out to one of the aircraft’s crew.

She was one of the last people to board the plane and noticed the tyre of Flight JD5158 had completely deflated.

The aircraft was evacuated and the flight was delayed for three hours. The tyre was replaced before it could take off.

An image of the tyre being removed was posted on Chinese social media site Weibo.

“I’m not sure if I should be happy or angry,” wrote Rice Ice Cream.

“If I hadn’t brought this up and the plane took off in that state, what would have happened? It’s so scary just thinking about it.”

The airline apologised for the incident.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Return to “Aviation Safety Discussion Forum”