They didn't died, but the ATR did died. 12.2017

An open discussion of aviation safety related issues.

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

They didn't died, but the ATR did died. 12.2017

Postby 3WE » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

ocelot

Re: They didn't died, but the ATR did died. 12.2017

Postby ocelot » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:38 am

Today the CBC's reporting that the operator certificate's been pulled. A few days ago they were also saying that it took the pax 30 minutes to get the exit door open, which if true raises quite a few eyebrows.

Also it seems they ploughed in sideways, which is rather curious. Most of the scenarios I can think of that would lead to this involve an upset and tumble first (apparently not) or don't result in wings-almost-level.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:03 pm

Today the CBC's reporting that the operator certificate's been pulled. A few days ago they were also saying that it took the pax 30 minutes to get the exit door open, which if true raises quite a few eyebrows.

Also it seems they ploughed in sideways, which is rather curious. Most of the scenarios I can think of that would lead to this involve an upset and tumble first (apparently not) or don't result in wings-almost-level.
Well, you never know... The LET of the other thread lost control and did a 360 barrel roll just in time to crash about wings level.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:23 am

It became a fatal accident: One of the passenger died in the hospital due to the injuries 2 weeks after the crash.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4b24de9e&opt=0

Time to edit the title of the thread.

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:02 am

Well, you never know... The LET of the other thread lost control and did a 360 barrel roll just in time to crash about wings level.
Indeed, although I think if there'd been a tumble the pax reports and the media would have been all over it. It's odd. Although maybe it's as simple as they hit the left wingtip on a tree first and skidded accordingly.

Return to “Aviation Safety Discussion Forum”