Cessna 414

An open discussion of aviation safety related issues.

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

Cessna 414

Postby 3WE » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:21 am

Seen it there, and Gabriel (and some “data”) suggest in-flight break up.

Maybe there will be quality discussion here.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Gabriel

Re: Cessna 414

Postby Gabriel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:27 am

Seen it there, and Gabriel (and some “data”) suggest in-flight break up.

Maybe there will be quality discussion here.
The in-flight break up is not suggested, it is a fact, proven by the debris field, the witnesses accounts, and.... what else?... oh, yes, a video showing the plane break up in the sky and falling in pieces.

The reason for the in-flight break up is not defined yet, but I suggest loss of control in IMC.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:34 am

The in-flight break up is not suggested, it is a fact, proven by the debris field, the witnesses accounts, and.... what else?... oh, yes, a video showing the plane break up in the sky and falling in pieces.
I tried watching the linkys and saw many talking heads...and film of burning houses. I'd hate for the beloved media to place useful information early, instead of an afterthought.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:58 pm

I tried watching the linkys and saw many talking heads...and film of burning houses. I'd hate for the beloved media to place useful information early, instead of an afterthought.
The video I mention is in the very first linky in the very first post there. But for your convenience, here you have it again:
https://ktla.com/2019/02/03/crews-respo ... ane-crash/

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:06 pm

The video I mention is in the very first linky in the very first post there. But for your convenience, here you have it again:
https://ktla.com/2019/02/03/crews-respo ... ane-crash/
I went there and rewatched the talking heads. I then saw film of a tiny, far away airplane falling in more than one part. I saw some other things in the news report and commented there regarding said other things.

elaw

Postby elaw » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:51 pm

I'm glad to report the cause of this crash has finally been determined... it was a result of the pilot carrying a fake police badge: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/03/us/yorba ... index.html

:roll:
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

Return to “Aviation Safety Discussion Forum”