Myanmar E190 lands with nose gear retracted

An open discussion of aviation safety related issues.

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Myanmar E190 lands with nose gear retracted

Postby Not_Karl » Sun May 12, 2019 11:06 pm

Description, pictures and video at AvieHeraldie.

According to Argentinian media, "a pilot saved the 89 passengers of a flight by landing without the front wheels", "the man executed emergency manoeuvres to deplete the fuel and avoid a tragedy" and "an experienced pilot of the Burmese national airline managed to save the life of the 89 occupants (...)". Hopefully 3WE will enjoy those lines.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Gabriel

Re: Myanmar E190 lands with nose gear retracted

Postby Gabriel » Mon May 13, 2019 12:32 am

Another Argentininan media praised the pilots with similar appreciations, and went further by saying that, after attempting to extend the nose landing gear both with the plane's computer and then manually, without success, the pilot decided to land with the nose gear retracted.

I think that the plane decided that for him.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon May 13, 2019 1:09 pm

Another win for Embraer (and Canadair) with a pretty outstanding safety record across multiple models flown by lesser experienced pilots where even the NEAR TOTAL DISASTERS are pretty minor.

As who decided to land...the captain sort of decided WHEN they'd land, but I guess he also decided that they would land when he took off.

I suppose there could be beatings in order as the pilots must not have followed some procedure to check the nose-gear systems to see ahead of time that it would not extend as they prepared to land.

Do EMB jets have lots of nifty acronym systems in them? I know the control wheel sure looks goofy- perhaps that's the secret to their great record?
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Mon May 13, 2019 2:58 pm

Do EMB jets have lots of nifty acronym systems in them? I know the control wheel sure looks goofy- perhaps that's the secret to their great record?
Good question. I suppose you could ask someone who used to fly one. Or ask Tweedledee and Tweedleduh, either way.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Mon May 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Good question. I suppose you could ask someone who used to fly one. Or ask Tweedledee and Tweedleduh, either way.
Please, by all means, drop some RJ system acronyms...somehow, it's much more sexy coming from you than Evaniee...it's kind of fake when we drop acronyms...

LOVE TO HEAR IT!

And, if you have thoughts on the continued awesome "RJ-safety-record", we'd love to hear it. It is interesting to contrast that with what goes on with Airbi and Boeings and some of the high-hour mainliners...

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Mon May 13, 2019 9:05 pm

Please, by all means, drop some RJ system acronyms...somehow, it's much more sexy coming from you than Evaniee...it's kind of fake when we drop acronyms...

LOVE TO HEAR IT!

And, if you have thoughts on the continued awesome "RJ-safety-record", we'd love to hear it. It is interesting to contrast that with what goes on with Airbi and Boeings and some of the high-hour mainliners...

Nah, I'll just go get some Fivebucks, and phug it all!
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Tue May 14, 2019 3:16 am

Expletive-laden, personal, ban-worthy flame attack to flyboy for not quite sharing his RJ-genius.

Return to “Aviation Safety Discussion Forum”