757 Cargo Door Double Post

An open discussion of aviation safety related issues.

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

757 Cargo Door Double Post

Postby 3WE » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:21 pm

Some good entertainment there.

As for the GOOD people, here, I have to acknowledge aeroengineers appear to have designed a door that is pretty strong and has good hinges...

Maybe they could work on the hinges, and in Evanie's defense, my foffie side might not want to sit next to the door on those KLM flights (that I routinely do not_take).

Of course, we should ban all cargo doors, but also ban control surfaces that get jammed by rocks, pressurized cabins that blow up and blow out, and all aeroplanies that go faster than 15 knots and 5 feet high.

AvHeraldie link to the first incident (don't think there's an AVH link to Bobbieeeeee's incident): http://avherald.com/h?article=47e66828&opt=0
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

flyboy2548m

Re: 757 Cargo Door Double Post

Postby flyboy2548m » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:57 pm

Maybe they could work on the hinges, and in Evanie's defense, my foffie side might not want to sit next to the door on those KLM flights (that I routinely do not_take).
You wouldn't be sitting next to THAT door, there would be cargo next to it. Which is kind of the point of the door in question. As for their 744 Combis, there is even a bulkhead between passenger and cargo sections. The claim that combi flights were usually cheaper bears further research, but I doubt that somehow...
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:06 pm

1. You wouldn't be sitting next to THAT door, there would be cargo next to it.

2. The claim that combi flights were usually cheaper bears further research, but I doubt that somehow...
1. I suspected that might be the case, but am not an elite world traveler- Thank you.

2. ATL's question to Evanie may be the highlight of the month.

3. I am considering a Google search for 747 cargo door (or baggage door) incidents so that LSD747 can make 3 or 4 posts.

ADDITION to the original POST: The aero engineers may also have designed the door to not_be a plane-crashing airfoil (and a damn typo- Maybe the engineers could work on the latches and indicators...)

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:12 pm

Here's the recent one.
we should ban all cargo doors (...) pressurized cabins that blow up and blow out, and all aeroplanies that go faster than 15 knots and 5 feet high.
If we ban doors, then there woud Not_be pressurized cabins to ban, and speed and altitude would be greatly reduced, as well as range (limiting dangerous transoceanic flights). The benefits are overwhelming.
You wouldn't be sitting next to THAT door, there would be cargo next to it.
Aren't we self-loading cargo after all?
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:18 pm

3. I am considering a Google search for 747 cargo door (or baggage door) incidents so that LSD747 can make 3 or 4 posts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Ai ... Flight_811
And don't forget the DC-10s!
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:55 pm

Gabriel, there: [Numerous photos of outward-opening cargo doors]
We are screwed.

However, the squid revolution seems to minimize this as something to worry about.

Return to “Aviation Safety Discussion Forum”