4 greenpeacers held after protest @ H'row

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

L1011

4 greenpeacers held after protest @ H'row

Postby L1011 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:42 pm

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp- ... id=7628676

Edit; God,looks like everyone has to wear a hi-vis jacket these days

Rabbi O'Genius

Re: 4 greenpeacers held after protest @ H'row

Postby Rabbi O'Genius » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:03 am

Yes, it's getting to the point where you have wear something discreet and undistinguished if you really want to stand out in a crowd.....................
......never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. – John Donne

Sickbag

Postby Sickbag » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:30 am

It helps them avoid being shot by the Police.

What I want to know is how they managed to get past security so effortlessly, and how did they get onto of the aircraft?
2022: The year of the Squid Singularity

David Hilditch

Postby David Hilditch » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:50 am

What I want to know is how they managed to get past security so effortlessly, and how did they get onto of the aircraft?
There is a story I have read that they were passengers on the incoming flight (and hence technically "clean" from a security viewpoint) and climbed up from the rear stairs on leaving the aircraft. I know not whether this has any proximity to the truth.

AndyToop

Postby AndyToop » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:14 am

Easy - they were wearing high vis jackets. Its like a security pass. If they had been wearing hard hats as well, they probably wouldn't even have been arrested.
There is a story I have read that they were passengers on the incoming flight (and hence technically "clean" from a security viewpoint) and climbed up from the rear stairs on leaving the aircraft. I know not whether this has any proximity to the truth.
Its being reported that they were on the incoming flight, disembarked with all of the other passengers, waited for everyone to move off, then nipped back out through the doors and up the rear stairs.

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”