Flight Report; ATrude's WN

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

Flight Report; ATrude's WN

Postby 3WE » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:40 am

KSTL – KBMI & return on WN

We checked in and they took our suitcases for free.

We took off in a 737 (man, WN does have nasty liveries) and promptly climbed to FL 820.

Soon the attractive hostie distributed a nice, medium rare T-bone steak, with twice baked potato, asparagus and a 32 oz beer in a frozen mug.

I asked the hostie what the IFE was and she said, “please accompany me to the lavatory, I would like to be eight two ohed, and join the 15 mile high club.” We proceeded to the little room where we did not discuss aviation photography, nor did we toss and shred toilet paper. There was; however, some relevance to the more typical use of Nair.

Upon returning to my seat, the captain happened to stroll by. He looked at me and said, wow, you look like you participate in a marginally active, but otherwise healthy and humourous adult aviation forum, and I can also tell that you have extensive time flying airliners on MSFS…how would you like to land the plane?

Before agreeing, I asked the hostie if she needed additional ‘advice regarding the use of Nair’, and she suggested waiting until after landing, since the lav’s are kind of tight. With that issue solved, I went to the cockpit, and was offered the left seat.

I asked the captain to monitor the transponder while I proceeded to descend and set up for the ILS to 12R at STL. It felt different than my cheapo yoke and rudder pedals, nevertheless, I followed the fundamentals and hand flew the approach, broke out at 150 feet to the approach lights and rabbit, greased it on the fixed distance marker, applied heavy reverse and turned off 3000 feet later, and thought, wow, this is fun.

However, I hate it that you can’t get an assigned seat, so I will never fly WN again!

PS, takeoff flaps were set before ANY forward taxi on both flights.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”