Flight report SCHEDULED

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

Flight report SCHEDULED

Postby 3WE » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:32 pm

Dummy's livery and Dummy's aircrafts...

ATL ==> SAV Jan 25, 7:15 PM Return Jan 29. 11:40 AM

Will the Domestic Super Genius Dummy Pilot of the Millennium be operating either of these?

...be operating from a some other gate at that timeframe?

There will also be legs From and to Flyover International on a :P Boeing :P 757. (On which the takeoff flap setting is nearly imperceptible from the rear view.) :shock:

...will DSGDPOTM be stopping in at Flyover so I can at least look out the window at the Genius?
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Re: Flight report SCHEDULED

Postby Not_Karl » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:11 pm

(Are you practicing your 757 flying skills in MSFS?)
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:20 pm

(Are you practicing your 757 flying skills in MSFS?)
No.

Here's your report...what's with the hourglass? C'mon, I gave you the dates, this is pretty quick turn around!

Flyover ==> ATL, 757

Flaps set before forward movement

Cruise Altitude: FL390....Damn, so close!

Wow, the takeoff and landings get a B-...winds were not that big of a deal, but there were nice wiggle waggles on the takeoff (more than normal) and at landing it seemed we were plummeting towards the ground, a chunk of correction and a slight baloon...then plunk and more lateral waggles. I didn't died and know it wasn't a near total disaster...just a B- on the smoothness.

The descent into ATL involved liberal use of spoilers...pretty much the whole downwind leg to base was flown with them out (along with use earlier).

ATL ==> SAV MD-80 :-).

The captain did NOT look like an inflatable toy with the hose ummmm....down there, where the Nair goes. :-(

Flaps set before forward movement.

Everything else seemed kind of nominal.

SAV ==> ATL MD-80 :-)

The captain did NOT look like an inflatable toy with the hose ummmm....down there, where the Nair goes. :-(

I will be checking flightaware- I'm thinking we flew pretty slow- probably due to traffic.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL1 ... /KSAV/KATL

Indeed Flightaware shows us slowing from 400 to 300 kts about 6 minutes into cruise.

ATL ==> Flyover, 757

In the latter descent, We spent several minutes in an incredibly dense stratus cloud deck, I guess it could have had snow, the wing tips were VERY fuzzy in the dense cloud...and after we broke out to decent celings and visibility about ~8-10 miles out, I THINK I saw the wings shedding an occasional "slug" of slush/ice from underneath??? (I was in the back of the plane, so no good way to check for accumulation on the leading edge of stuff.

This descent involved a moderate amount of spoiler use too- including right up to the approximate outher marker when the gear went down, the flaps went full and both took over as "the source" of drag.

After we landed on 30R at Flyover, I saw someting incredibly unusual. We held short while a Trans-States-Liveried ERJ landed on 30L and with another aircraft on final for 30R!!!! WOW...such a busy airport, landing on two runways at ONCE!!!! I wonder if they even had someone concurrently departing on 29?

(You may need to reread the prior paragraph and think of Les Nessman, WKRP getting excited at our horribly guttted po-dunk airport actually landing two planes on two runways at once.)

Note- for clarity, the planes were staggered approach and I'm thinking that this might happen once or twice a day when weather and winds allow...and yes, when operating to the East there may be that taxi advantage to giving Dummy & friends 11 and most other folks 12L.

Hostie/HostHe Report: I will no longer do those to reduce the risk of offending forum membership.

Beverage Service Photos: I think maybe that joke is getting old and needs a rest. The ATL-SAV legs were too short for beverage service anyway.

IFE: Kind of amazing, they ran some program on the TV screens on the ceiling between ATL and Flyover...it's less than two hours...I didn't watch it...whatever.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Forgot to mention this...

It's the 767 where the trailing edge flaps are so subtle in the takeoff position and I start to eye the cockpit door and consider whether the hostie or a well-meaning passenger who doesn't frequent obscure aviation fora will be able to tackle me.

On a 757 the extension of the main flap and the extra slotted tab is fairly clear.

Gotta watch that type-specific stuff, you know...

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:16 pm

:clap:

Nice report... Even if you constantly disappoint me with a complete lack of pictures of vital things we all need to see like the IFE, the food/drik service (well, non-existent in this case but you should have taken a picture of your empty tray), nice, shiny, colorful, vibrant, exciting, sexy liveries, etc.
You are far from the excellence standards set by a certain other forum :evil: .

( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Dummy Pilot

Postby Dummy Pilot » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:19 pm

Sorry, my last SAV leg was in mid january. Watched the Seahawks beat Carolina and enjoyed the free hotel breakfast the nex t morning.

On the 25th I was flying MCO-LGA-MCO and watching the company slowly cancel all the remaining legs of my trip due to the impending Snowmaggedon. Upon arrival at MCO I somehow talked them into letting me go home to BOS before the snow began to fall. With tomorrow's forecast of 14 more inches, we will have gotten just shy of 5 ft of snow in the past week and a half. However, I have 3 cases of really good beer chilling in a snowbank, the Superbowl is on today, the woodstove is cookin', and I plan to drunkenly sleep through the next storm

GO PATs!!

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:54 pm

...the woodstove is cookin'...
Please describe.

Dummy Pilot

Postby Dummy Pilot » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:47 pm

Not my family room, but the make and model are correct:

And this bad boy is down in the basement:

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:35 pm

Very nice.

Is the bottom one an example of Norwegian excellence? I also note the limited automation and total lack of composites.

Have something like this pictured below. Somewhat less fancy, made in China, purchased in the mid 70's...

Unless it's a real cold day, it will run you out of the room...but it sure is nice to stand/sit in the vicinity.
stove.jpg
stove.jpg (6.68 KiB) Viewed 5258 times

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”