And, in other news USA TSA is apparently setting some new records for line waits...

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

And, in other news USA TSA is apparently setting some new records for line waits...

Postby 3WE » Mon May 16, 2016 3:04 pm

...pretty significant, pretty wide-spread waits on somewhat mundane travel days too!

We need to do something!
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

elaw

Re: And, in other news USA TSA is apparently setting some new records for line waits...

Postby elaw » Tue May 17, 2016 12:09 pm

Yeah well here in the good ole U-S-of-A we aim to be the best at everything... including making people wait!
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

3WE

Re: And, in other news USA TSA is apparently setting some new records for line waits...

Postby 3WE » Wed May 18, 2016 10:28 pm

...the plot thickens...

Today, I see inferences that this is a worker-inspired slowdown with political and funding motivations.

Monchavo may have to move this to the political forum...I'm suspecting this will improve the approval ratings for a certain US candidate for El Presidente.

PurduePilot

Postby PurduePilot » Fri May 20, 2016 4:45 am

Flew through DTW on Monday morning. 10 people ahead of us in line. Took 25 minutes to get through, including a special examination of my keychain after they spent 10 minutes doing a bomb sniff on grandma's purse in front of me. Half of the 10 or so agents present were just standing around, doing nothing, literally bitching out loud to each other about their jobs as I glared at them.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Fri May 20, 2016 4:03 pm

Body cavity searches for everyone!
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Sat May 21, 2016 2:23 pm

Flew through DTW on Monday morning. 10 people ahead of us in line. Took 25 minutes to get through, including a special examination of my keychain after they spent 10 minutes doing a bomb sniff on grandma's purse in front of me. Half of the 10 or so agents present were just standing around, doing nothing, literally bitching out loud to each other about their jobs as I glared at them.
Yikes...

Trump for El Presidente, I guess.

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”