More News You Can Use - Man Proposes to Crash Plane to Prove 911 Hoax

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

J

More News You Can Use - Man Proposes to Crash Plane to Prove 911 Hoax

Postby J » Thu May 19, 2016 9:22 pm

An American businessman living in Thailand who has spent a little too much time on InfoWars message boards announced plans to put this whole 9/11 conspiracy business to rest once and for all. Paul Salo wants to use science to see whether jet fuel really does burn hot enough to melt steel beams — and by “science,” I mean buying a 747 and flying it into an abandoned building in the Thai countryside. He’s calling it “September 11th Redux,” and he’s crowdsourcing it.

On the project’s (sigh) Indiegogo page, Salo explains, with the utmost sensitivity and empathy to the families of the 2,997 people that died in the terror attacks, “we are like a Mythbusters for September 11th”:

“We’re going to purchase a 747 or equivalent aircraft that’s about to go out of service, we’re going to fill it full of jet fuel, we’re going to purchase a building that’s about to be torn down in the countryside… and we’re going to crash it at 500 miles per hour into that building.”

Salo, who rents and sells homes and office space to ex-pats in Asia when he’s not asking for money to fly planes into buildings, says his “experiment” will prove through “similar physics” whether or not 9/11 was a hoax. He plans to “put GoPros all over” so that no one will be able to doubt the veracity of the project’s “findings.”

“We aren’t trying to prove anything either way,” Salo says. “We will recreate the event and let the chips fall where they may.”

In order to do this, Salo knows he’s going to have account for the myriad of circumstances present in the original 9/11 attacks. Don’t worry, he’s got it covered. “Everything that was in 9/11 we’re putting in this one,” he says. “So, we’re putting passports… the old passports we’re gonna put around the airplane.” Granted, whatever building Salo chooses to demolish is not going to have the same structural architecture as the World Trade Center Towers, which seems to be a pretty big f***ing detail to overlook, but why split hairs here. I mean, he said he’s going to put passports on the plane.

Being a businessman who can negotiate great deals on condos, Salo hopes to reenact the most heinous attack on American soil in the last century for the low low cost of $300,000. (The project’s Indiegogo page, however, is asking for a cool $1.5 mil.) For contributing to this mess, you’ll get a T-shirt or a “chunk of rubble from the collision,” depending on how much you donate. No word on what you’ll get for your soul.

For a decade plus, conspiracy theorists have doubted the likelihood that a building would collapse after a f***ing jumbo jet gets flown into it — but don’t get it twisted, Salo’s not one of those loonies. He just “wants to fly that sucker in there and … find out exactly what happens when someone goes 500 mph into a building full of fuel.”

I’ll save us all the $1.5 million. It falls down.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/291126/ ... 1th-redux/

PurduePilot

Re: More News You Can Use - Man Proposes to Crash Plane to Prove 911 Hoax

Postby PurduePilot » Fri May 20, 2016 4:52 am

Who said jet fuel melts steel beams???

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Fri May 20, 2016 1:21 pm

Not everybody understands structure stability and buckling. Especially, conspiracy theorist don't.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Fri May 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Not everybody understands structure stability and buckling. Especially, conspiracy theorist don't.
Thank God we have you (who apparently are also an architect, much like Art Vandalay) to explain it to us.
"Lav sinks on 737 Max are too small"

-TeeVee, one of America's finest legal minds.

Not_Karl
Previously banned for not socially distancing

Postby Not_Karl » Fri May 20, 2016 4:57 pm

The Illuminati did it under command from the Reptilians. Hope this helps.
International Ban ALL Aeroplanies Association, founder and president.

"I think, based on the types of aircraft listed, you're pretty much guaranteed a fiery death."
- Contemporary Poet flyboy2548m to a Foffie.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Fri May 20, 2016 5:05 pm

Thank God we have you (who apparently are also an architect, much like Art Vandalay) to explain it to us.
- Yes, right. Because buckling and stability are to be considered only for structures of buildings.
- Yes, right. Because architects are the experts in structures of buildings.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Fri May 20, 2016 5:08 pm

- Yes, right. Because buckling and stability are to be considered only for structures of buildings.
- Yes, right. Because architects are the experts in structures of buildings.

Regardless of any title, diploma or experience I may have, I DO understand stability and buckling in structures.

Do you want me to explain it?

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Fri May 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Regardless of any title, diploma or experience I may have, I DO understand stability and buckling in structures.

Do you want me to explain it?
Nah, I'm good. It's enough that you completely missed the joke. Have you ever been in the export/import business?

elaw

Postby elaw » Fri May 20, 2016 10:01 pm

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » Sat May 21, 2016 8:27 am

Nah, I'm good. It's enough that you completely missed the joke. Have you ever been in the export/import business?
Yes, I totally missed the joke, and no, I never worked in import/export, I never watched Seinfeld, I don't know who George is, and looking up Art Vandelay in Google and Wikipedia only increased my confusion.

flyboy2548m

Postby flyboy2548m » Sat May 21, 2016 1:32 pm

Yes, I totally missed the joke, and no, I never worked in import/export, I never watched Seinfeld, I don't know who George is, and looking up Art Vandelay in Google and Wikipedia only increased my confusion.
My condolences...

3WE

Postby 3WE » Sat May 21, 2016 10:06 pm

...For a decade plus, conspiracy theorists have doubted the likelihood that a building would collapse after a f***ing jumbo jet gets flown into it...
I tend to think they are right.

In my limited experience super-high-rise buildings stand quite well when hit by jumbo jets...somewhere in the range of 45 to 120 minutes.

However, I'm told that after 45 minutes to an hour, a jet-fuel-inspired fire may weaken steel structures and that maybe if the "floor joists" had been a bit more robust in the WTC towers, they would have survived that too.

Actually, that's a pretty serious point...my ass hat understanding is that there's probably a number of other buildings with that might very well have survived 9/11 type plane crashes, and that the floor joists at the WTC (and fire insulation around them) were something of an Achilles heel.

If this guy's building is designed a little bit different he might get to see exactly what he wants to see. The conspiracy theory folks may become somewhat more irritating, but it will be one hell of a show to watch!
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

GlennAB1

Postby GlennAB1 » Sun May 29, 2016 12:06 am

That is stupid and a waste, How's he going to duplicate exactly what transpired. It doesn't have to melt steel beams, just weaken them so they can't support the weight and start the chain we see in the video.
you still have to find a crew willing to fly this "barely airworthy" heap
no such thing as "barely airworthy" it's either Airworthy or Not
100% incorrect Ever hear of Ferry Permit? issued for Non airworthy aircraft
LOL

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”