Flyover International Airport (and surrounding countryside)...FAO: Verbal

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

Flyover International Airport (and surrounding countryside)...FAO: Verbal

Postby 3WE » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:43 pm

We largely paid for a dude to fly to France (his plane probably inspired much of the cheap composites they went on to use).

We made a bunch of fighter planes.

We started a couple of airlines.

Built a few space capsules.

We maintain our status as an important regional hub to Burlington IA, Jonesboro AR, Decatur IL and a whole host of other destinations for Cape Airways.

We gave Flyboy some important training.

Bradley interned here.

3BS got a PPL-SEL here and has pontificated with much authority on what we should do at multiple aviation fora.

We make some beer (but sold the hometown company to Belgians)

We make some GMO seeds (but sold the hometown company to the Germans).

Our cricket team did not make the post-season playoffs

BUT, in aviation, we're still trying:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/ed1ba926-e ... louis.html
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

Dummy Pilot

Re: Flyover International Airport (and surrounding countryside)...FAO: Verbal

Postby Dummy Pilot » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:50 am

I don't know.....the food in the A gates terminal kinda sucks.

On my last layover, my run got screwed up because they've dug up the whole park around the arch.

On the bright side, you can still see the old TWA schoolhouse building when departing 29

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:06 am

1. I don't know.....the food in the A gates terminal kinda sucks.

2. On my last layover, my run got screwed up because they've dug up the whole park around the arch.

3. On the bright side, you can still see the old Ozark schoolhouse building when departing 29
1. Indeed.

2. At least you were spared going up in it.

3. Fixed.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:32 pm

... A gates terminal...
I've often thought it would be better to close down the A-gates and move those flights to the now-closed D-gates.

This would allow passengers increased plane-change (airline change) flexibility, ESPECIALLY the folks on those tiny computer flights who do not have direct access to A and E gates...(and hopefully give Dummy Pilot some improved food choices).

Plus, doesn't your airline just sort of belong at the D gates?

THEN, we could turn the A-gates into a bad-ass general aviation area where rich folks could come in and connect to real airlines...not too bad of an idea as most 'real airports' are not the most friendly places for gen aviation...here's STL with real slow air traffic and the two 30-12 runways could remain for big guys and they could put all the little planes on 11/29 where you'd have less chance of dinking them...

A small plane landing to the west on 29 could even apply his brakes a tad and not have too bad of a back taxi. Departures with a S/SE wind is gonna be an issue though...I guess they could go back to the Runway 13-31 they had a while back.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:17 pm

By the way, sir Dummy.

Monday October 24 at 12:15 Zuluish (7:15-something CDT) I will be riding one of your airplanes from Flyover to some obscure place in a Southeasterly direction (and I'm not_just talking about the livery).

If you are driving, you better set the damn flaps before you leave the ramp...or else we will be forced to take action...and I do have my MSFS experience to back it up!

Also, please rest assured that I am ready should you have extreme reactions to fish or something...

3WE

Postby 3WE » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:17 pm

By the way, sir Dummy...please rest assured that I am ready...
More MD8x rides this coming week. More flap monitoring, more opportunity to see Super Genius airmanship, more opportunity to experience crew food poisoning!

10/31, 9:35 CDT STL ==> ATL; 1:58 EDT ATL ==> RDU

11/4, 6:00 EDT ATL ==> Flyover

(RDU ==> ATL is a damn Boeing 757 as the itty bitty RDU airport (with scheduled service to London) eclipses the once proud Flyover International hub of an airline who's name we have forgotten, but their initials were TWA.)

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”