THERE HAS BEEN A [SORT OF] NEAR TOTAL HURRICANE DISASTER!!!!!

Discussion of aviation issues which are not safety related (airline operations, pilot contracts, aviation industry news, etc.)

Moderators: FrankM, el, Dmmoore

3WE

THERE HAS BEEN A [SORT OF] NEAR TOTAL HURRICANE DISASTER!!!!!

Postby 3WE » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Ok, I see a lot of PREVIOSLY-ALREADY trashed aircraft in the picture, but still, rather sad to see them more-trashed.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/vi ... rt-damaged
San Juan Downtown Airport.JPG
San Juan Downtown Airport.JPG (88.37 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

elaw

Re: THERE HAS BEEN A [SORT OF] NEAR TOTAL HURRICANE DISASTER!!!!!

Postby elaw » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:11 pm

I know we try to keep things "light" around here but I think in Maria's case it's not a "near total disaster" it's a total disaster. I really feel for the people on PR and the other islands in that area. :(
HR consultant, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems, Inc.

3WE

Postby 3WE » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:46 pm

I concur- I have some friends there- one in a rural area with some age/health issues. The place does not have great infrastructure.

And, I've come to learn that the problem isn't that you have a horrible windstorm and lose your roof. (and PR has great drainage, too)- but the WIDE SPREAD DISRUPTON of 'EVERYTHING'. I worry about my rural buddy who may not have water? food? electricity for???????? and the road to his house washed out in ???? places- with everyone focusing on fixing San Juan so they can get their tourist stuff up and running.

In fact a pile of crap airplanes is nothing in terms of what PR is GOING TO face.
Commercial Pilot, Vandelay Industries, Inc., Plant Nutrient Division.

ocelot

Postby ocelot » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 am

It's terrible. I keep wanting to throw everything up and fly down and help out, except none of my skills are the silghtest bit relevant and I'd only be in the way.

One thing's clear though: it's time for statehood. The current setup is way too much 'separate but (not even) equal'.

Return to “Aviation Discussion Forum”